WoW Classic Priest Weapons Guide
Weapons are one of the most exciting upgrades in the game to obtain, both while leveling and raiding. While leveling your Priest you should focus will be on obtaining the highest DPS Wand you can, to assist you on your journey to level 60. Wands provide a large amount of damage while leveling so the more damage your wand does, the faster you will vanquish your foes. Once you approach maximum level your priority will begin to shift to obtaining some of the powerful Staves, or Mace/Dagger & Off-Hand combinations that will give you the biggest power boost in Dungeons, Raids and PvP. Holy and Discipline are after weapons with plenty of Healing Power, Intellect, Spirit or MP5 while Shadow is after Spell Damage and Shadow Damage to go along with their Intellect bonuses.
Priest Weapon Skills in WoW Classic
Priests start their journey through Azeroth knowing how to use One-Handed Maces and Wands. They can also learn Daggers and Staves from Weapon Masters in their factions capital cities.
|Weapon Master location||Weapon Skills available|
|Learned by default||One-Handed Maces, Wands|
|Darnassus (around 57,46)||Daggers, Staves|
|Ironforge (around 62,89)||Daggers|
|Stormwind (around 57,57)||Daggers, Staves|
|Orgrimmar (around 81,19)||Daggers, Staves|
|Thunder Bluff (40,63)||Staves|
Early on you will be finishing off enemies with your One-Handed Mace once you run out of Mana. Once you get your first Wand, start using it to finish off enemies.
You can still expect to upgrade your regular weapon a few times during your journey, and your weapon will typically represent your main source of spell damage, healing power and other important stats. Remember that no matter how good a weapon is at a given level, it will quickly be outclassed by common weapons of higher level, so do not bother chasing the perfect low level weapon.
Wands for WoW Classic Priests
Wands are very important for Priests who are leveling, particularly before you reach level 40 they will contribute a significant amount of your damage.
For Shadow Priests level 40 is where their other spells start to overtake the damage and utility of your wands, however, they will always be useful when finishing targets off or while regenerating Mana.
For Holy and Discipline Priests, wands are extremely important all throughout the levelling process and care should be taken to upgrade them as often as practical to ensure a speedy leveling process.
Staves for WoW Classic Priests
Staves have some of the best damage and healing stats you can find on weapons, and do not require a compatible off-hand to be used, making them easy to use options.
Daggers for WoW Classic Priests
There are only a few notable Mage Daggers: Hypnotic Blade, Witchblade and Sorcerous Dagger. Make sure to use any of these you come across, as they are very strong!
Maces for WoW Classic Priests
There are many Maces you will encounter while levelling up and raiding, it is not uncommon to be running a Mace and Off-Hand combination as a Priest. Notable maces include: Hand of Righteousness from Scarlet Monastery and The Hammer of Grace from Blackrock Depths.
Off-Hands for WoW Classic Priests
Off-hands compliment your Dagger of Mace by providing the added stats they are lacking. Some notable off-hands include Spirit of Aquementas for healing or dps, and Thaurissan's Royal Scepter for healing.
Weapons for Leveling Priests in WoW Classic
You will want to search for of the owl weapons while leveling, with of the eagle gear also being welcomed as an alternative. Owl weapons have Intellect and Spirit, which are the most important stats while leveling because they allow you to stay in the fight longer.
- Try to get an early green Staff with Intellect on it as soon as you can.
- Crescent Staff (Horde) and Staff of Westfall (Alliance) are dungeon quest rewards, from Leaders of the Fang and The Defias Brotherhood respectively. Because they are quest rewards, you are guaranteed to get them from your first full dungeon run, and they can last you for a while;
- Illusionary Rod or Hypnotic Blade (combined with Orb of the Forgotten Seer from Scarlet Monastery: Graveyard) in Scarlet Monastery: Library are very strong options, and relatively easy to farm in Scarlet Monastery;
- Zum'rah's Vexing Cane, from Zul'Farrak is a great staff, having all the stats you need while leveling up, and it can be used while you are farming your pre-raid best in slot.
- Spirit of Aquementas comes from the Linken Un'Goro quest chain. While it is a hard quest chain to do solo, even at 60, this item is the best off-hand available until raiding, so it will probably end up being worth the effort!
Leveling Wands for Priests in WoW Classic
Your wand, as a Priest, is the most impactful piece of your gear while leveling until around level 40 as Shadow, or beyond as Holy and Discipline, as you will often be using it to finish low-health enemies off, letting your Mana regenerate in the process. As such, being aware of wand upgrades is the main thing to look out for while leveling.
|5||Lesser Magic Wand||11.3||BoE crafted from Enchanting|
|9-17||Cinder Wand||11.8||(Horde) Quest reward from Arugal's Folly in Silverpine Forest|
|9-17||Spark of the People's Militia||12.8||(Alliance) Quest reward from The People's Militia in Westfall|
|13||Greater Magic Wand||17.5||BoE crafted from Enchanting|
|20||Dusk Wand||17.6||Wand vendor sells in Stormwind and Ironforge, Undercity and Orgrimmar|
|17-26||Spellcrafter Wand||20.3||(Alliance) Quest reward from Retrieval for Mauren in Stonetalon Mountains|
|17-29||Branding Rod||21.5||(Horde) Quest reward from Isha Awak in The Barrens|
|17||Cookie's Stirring Rod||22.3||Drops off Cookie in Deadmines|
|23-31||Consecrated Wand||24.2||(Alliance) Quest reward from Worgen in the Woods in Duskwood|
|22-29||Excavation Rod||24.2||(Alliance) Quest reward from Ormer's Revenge in Wetlands|
|26||Lesser Mystic Wand||25.3||BoE crafted from Enchanting|
|18-27||Gravestone Scepter||29||Quest reward from Blackfathom Villainy in Blackfathom Deeps|
|30-40||Rod of Sorrow||31.8||Quest reward from Wanted! Otto and Falconcrest in Arathi Highlands|
|30-40||Burning Sliver||32.7||Quest reward from Crushridge Warmongers in Alterac Mountains|
|41||Blackbone Wand||35.3||Wand vendor sells in Stormwind and Ironforge, Undercity and Orgrimmar|
|42-50||Nature's Breath||41.4||(Horde) Quest reward from Dark Vessels in The Hinterlands|
|42-50||Cairnstone Sliver||41.4||(Alliance) Quest reward from The Morrow Stone in Feralas|
|46||Noxious Shooter||50||Drops off Noxxion in Maraudon|
|54-58||Smokey's Fireshooter||53.2||Quest reward from When Smokey Sings, I Get Violent in Eastern Plaguelands|
|51||Rod of Corrosion||55||Drops off Shade of Eranikus in Sunken Temple|
End-Game Weapons for Priests in WoW Classic
Priests have many end-game weapons at their disposal. The best ones come from raiding, but there are also good options in dungeons and the occasional quest reward.
- Bonecreeper Stylus is the best Phase 1 Wand, and you can find it in Scholomance, from Darkmaster Gandling.
- Guiding Stave of Wisdom is the best staff available before raiding. Use The Hammer of Grace instead, if you wish to pair with it with Thaurissan's Royal Scepter.
- When you begin raiding Molten Core and Onyxia, try to get Aurastone Hammer to pair with Thaurissan's Royal Scepter until you eventually get access to Benediction/ Anathema through the epic quest line starting in Molten Core.
For more information about end-game gearing for Priests, please refer to our gearing guide for Priest DPS and Priest Healers. We also have a guide for obtaining Benediction and Anathema.
Complete Weapon Listings for Priests in WoW Classic Phase One
You can check a list for each type of Priest weapon below:
- You can find most of Phase 1's wands, ordered by descending DPS, here, at itemization.info.
- You can find most of Phase 1's staves, ordered by descending item level, here, at itemization.info.
- You can find most of Phase 1's daggers, ordered by descending item level, here, at itemization.info.
- You can find most of Phase 1's caster maces, ordered by descending item level, here, at itemization.info.
- You can find most of Phase 1's off-hands, ordered by descending item level, here, at itemization.info.
The missing items are Molten Core items that were added in later patches of the game, but are already available in Phase 1, such as Benediction and Staff of Dominance.
- 26 Sep. 2019: Page added.
- Blizzard Working on an Unannounced Open-World RPG Shooter
- Season of Mastery Beta Update: October 13th
- The Return of Large Groups in Battlegrounds
- WoW Classic Season of Mastery Design Intentions and Details
- Global Battle.net Maintenance: October 6th
- WoW Classic Season of Mastery Beta Notes: October 5th
- Burning Crusade and WoW Classic Hotfixes: October 4th
- Brewfest Extended an Extra Day in Burning Crusade Classic
- Shaman Tank Guide - Shaman Tanking in WoW
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Hunter Macros for TBC Cassic?
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- When will we see a pre-patch tbc page?
- Icecold (A) - Ashbringer EU
- Inner Circle Recruiting For TBC
- New onyxia kill time