Warrior Tank Molten Core Gear and Best in Slot
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items from Molten Core for your Warrior Tank in WoW Classic. For more gearing advice, please refer to our Warrior Tank Gearing and Best in Slot guide.
Warrior Tank Raid Best in Slot (BiS) List for Molten Core / Onyxia's Lair
We will list the best gear you can have while only running Tier 1 raids (Molten Core and Onyxia's Lair) below. Before we get into the list itself, it is good to present two of the most important concepts for gearing: weapon skill and the Hit cap.
As explained in our Warrior Tank Weapon Skill guide, the difference between only having the baseline 300 weapon skill at level 60 or 305 weapon skill or above is absolutely gigantic for threat generation against bosses, and easily capable of making a pre-bis blue weapon superior to the best raid epics. Thus, your first gearing priority against raid bosses should be hitting at least 305 skill with your current weapon.
This can be achieved by using race-appropriate weapons on a Orc or Human character, or with any race by using special gear such as Edgemaster's Handguards. Once you get 305+ weapon skill, remember to not go over 6% extra Hit chance, as the extra Hit will be wasted. This cap is 9% Hit when at 300 weapon skill, which means you will require a lot more Hit to cap out.
Warrior Tier 1 gear, Battlegear of Might is great for Warrior Tanks, and you can gain a lot of value from the 3 set bonus, which increases your shield's block value by 30 and from the final, 8 set bonus, which increases the threat generation of Sunder Armor by 15%.
Finally, while we are only listing the Horde versions of the PvP set, equivalent versions can be found on the Alliance side, with the same requirements, cost and stats.
You can find more Warrior Tank BiS lists in our dedicated gear hub below.
- 10 Jun. 2020: Fixed a typo with shield drop locations.
- 19 May 2020: Added Silithus twilight boss summoning gear.
- 11 Mar. 2020: Updated with Arathi Basin gear.
- 12 Feb. 2020: Page added.
- World's Fastest Onyxia Speed Kill in WoW Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Update: April 9th
- Blizzard Begins Monthly Collectible Series for 30th Anniversary with Lich King Statue & Concept Art Print
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Raid Testing: April 13 - 15
- Daily Instance Cap is Over 50 on The Burning Crusade Classic Beta
- Sealed Packages Added on the Burning Crusade Classic Beta
- Burning Crusade Classic Boost Quests: Brand New BC Content
- New Burning Crusade Classic Build: Cap Raised to Level 70 & More
- New onyxia kill time
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Chaos Recruiting for TBC Classic [H] [Herod]
- No one wants retris
- Shaman Tank Guide - Shaman Tanking in WoW
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- TBC Transition+
- Looking for guild with EARLY RAID TIMES