FORUMS
Damien

Aggro Rogue Deck List

Paragraph 3.3 refers to Lotus Assassin, while the card in the deck is a Lotus Agents. You might want to ask Sottle which one of the two is correct.

While this deck is very good, I'm not so sure if it's actually favored against pirate warrior. The main difficulty I'm running into is the turn one interaction between the one drops of each deck. Since all your turn one pirates aside from small time buccaneer are one hp, if the warrior plays n'zoth's first mate he can just kill your one drop and your patches with his weapon and his own patches, leaving him with a 1/1 and a weapon equipped. This small amount of tempo gain can actually be enough to lose a game between two decks this aggressive. If you get small-time buccaneer, it's all good, but they can also get it and wreck you so it evens out. Overall, pretty dumb and coin flippy match up, but I would say the warrior has a slight advantage.

Still, I climbed from rank 12 to 8 with relative ease, and considering this is the beginning of the season and i'm facing people who are usually at legend, I can't complain about the overall results.

Guest Oppai

This deck has done quite well for me so far, 16-5 going from rank 18 to 12 on NA, one loss to shaman, paladin and pirate warrior. Because I rarely seemed to get a good chance to play them I swapped the defenders for 1x Twisted Worgen and 1x Shadow Sensei about ten games in.

Guest Doat

I recommend the following changes:

Cut out:
- 1x Lotus Agents (too slow)
- 2x Shadow Rager (too slow / often taken out by 1 damage AoEs like Fan of Knifes or Whirlwind / no synergies / often "only" do 5 damage and will then be taken out while other minions provide repetitive damage)

Put in:
- 2x Southsea Captain (huge pirate synergy / useful to boost damage / providing the advantage needed in the early game against other aggro decks)
- 1x Sap (very useful to remove taunts, something this deck otherwise couldn't deal with)

I'm playing this deck (with the recommended changes) on the Asian servers. Huge success; climbing the ranks like crazy, currently playing on 5. However, I don't see many pirate warriors on the Asian servers atm, so I am not sure how this deck does in a more aggressive meta. I am also thinking about cutting one SI:7 or one Horserider for a second Sap, as the more control-oriented decks play lots of taunts these days.

Guest Guest
On 4/12/2016 at 5:16 AM, Keizoku said:

Paragraph 3.3 refers to Lotus Assassin, while the card in the deck is a Lotus Agents. You might want to ask Sottle which one of the two is correct.

Is it Lotus Assassin o Lotus Agents?

Any great swaps for both Shaku and Xaril? I have none of them atm, but I hope they can be changed for something "similar" :) Ideas are welcome :D

Edited by Sarasin
typO

14 hours ago, Creedeth said:

Would small time buccaneer be better than buccaneer? also is there reason to not play southsea captainb?

If you play Small-Time Buccaneer on turn 1, it is a 1/1, so if your opponent plays a 2-drop minion, you are forced to dagger up if you want to get some value out of the Small-Time Buccaneer, whereas Buccaneer can trade into any 3/2 by himself, and into any 2/3 with Patches the Pirate. During mid and late game, Buccaneer provides guaranteed damage, which can sometimes end up being lethal if you are missing the last point of damage. Small-Time Buccaneer can occasionally be superior in mid game, though that depends on the matchup. 

If you are talking about the full budget version, Southsea Captain is not included because there isn't really much space for it. You can however swap it in for SI:7 Agent. If you are talking about the budget version, that's because it would make the deck too expensive and it goes against the rule of no epics and legendaries.

27 minutes ago, Creedeth said:

should i swap one agent for one captain or both?

Having only one of each lowers the consistency of the deck. Try adding 2 Southsea Captains. If it does not work out, remove one. If not even the one works, revert to the original build.

Guest Natiac

Both Keleseth and Eviscerates? Is that a typo?

And how necessary are Shaku & Sonya? Possible replacements for them, or at least for shaku? Bonemares/fledglings perhaps in place of them or eviscerates?

23 hours ago, Guest Natiac said:

Both Keleseth and Eviscerates? Is that a typo?

Hey, I'm unable to find where exactly it is. Can you please specify where you found this?

23 hours ago, Guest Natiac said:

And how necessary are Shaku & Sonya? Possible replacements for them, or at least for shaku? Bonemares/fledglings perhaps in place of them or eviscerates?

They are very strong, but not crucial. Bonemares and Eviscerates sound fine, but make sure to re-evaluate after a few games to see if they are truly working out for you.

• Like 1

I think he/she was referring to this deck Tempo Rogue Deck.

In the guide there at the end of "3.1.2. Evaluating Your Outs and Setting Up Lethal": For example, if you have Charge minions in hand, you should play these first to be able to get the damage through before a Taunt comes down, and then follow up with damage like Eviscerate and SI:7 Agent that can ignore Taunt.

It's just a general "How to play tempo rogue" but somehow confusing when the deck above the guide doesn't have the card mentioned :)

Edited by Caldyrvan
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Caldyrvan said:

I think he/she was referring to this deck Tempo Rogue Deck.

In the guide there at the end of "3.1.2. Evaluating Your Outs and Setting Up Lethal": For example, if you have Charge minions in hand, you should play these first to be able to get the damage through before a Taunt comes down, and then follow up with damage like Eviscerate and SI:7 Agent that can ignore Taunt.

It's just a general "How to play tempo rogue" but somehow confusing when the deck above the give doesn't have the card mentioned :)

Oh, I was looking for parts that talked about Eviscerates in context with Prince Keleseth. While I did notice this part, I was not sure whether this is what they were referring to, as it does not talk about Prince Keleseth, and the Eviscerates are not contained in the deck (I added removal of that mention onto the to-do list). 

• Thanks 1