FORUMS

2 hours ago, Mikey3424 said:

Tomb Pillager is replaceable in this deck? In Miracle rogue, there is no replacement i know ,but in this aggro deck can i replace it with something?

Genzo, the Shark for refill and good Barnes synergy, and Bloodmage Thalnos for spell power and draw. From cheaper cards (dust-wise) you can use Argent SquireDefender of Argus or one copy of Acidic Swamp Ooze or Dread Corsair (or any combination of these cards).

Guest Ahoy!

This looks interesting.
Wish I could afford this deck to try it. I wonder how it stands against the warrior pirate deck... 

3 hours ago, Guest Ahoy! said:

This looks interesting.
Wish I could afford this deck to try it. I wonder how it stands against the warrior pirate deck... 

This deck has a fantastic burst like Pirate Warrior, if not better, but it has something Pirate Warrior doesn't have, the ability to manage the board without losing too much aggression. Cards like BackstabEviscerate and SI:7 Agent can help to deal with their early board presence while creating presence of your own and Edwin VanCleef can prove to be too much for them in the early game due to the lack of removal in Pirate Warrior. On top of that, Swashburglar and Shaku, the Collector gives you access to countless warrior cards that can either help fight for board control or push for lethal. 

45 minutes ago, KingMe said:

This deck has a fantastic burst like Pirate Warrior, if not better, but it has something Pirate Warrior doesn't have, the ability to manage the board without losing too much aggression. Cards like BackstabEviscerate and SI:7 Agent can help to deal with their early board presence while creating presence of your own and Edwin VanCleef can prove to be too much for them in the early game due to the lack of removal in Pirate Warrior. On top of that, Swashburglar and Shaku, the Collector gives you access to countless warrior cards that can either help fight for board control or push for lethal. 

It does have the burst potential definitely, but it is also missing something very important, an imposing weapon. Perdition's Blade is obviousy not it and Assassin's Blade is expensive for its attack. What about going for Obsidian Shard? Cards from Shaku, the Collector and Swashburglar will make it cheaper more often than not. If you can hit a 2 mana 3/3, I think it is a bit better than the Wicked Knife, even a 3 mana shard is not bad, thinking you can hit Naga Corsair with it. I would maybe swap Bloodmage Thalnos and Vilespine Slayer for 2 copies, or maybe an Argent Commander, I think it serves more of a board control tool, for taunts, rather than a finishing burst, at least here in this deck.

5 minutes ago, FanOfValeera said:

It does have the burst potential definitely, but it is also missing something very important, an imposing weapon. Perdition's Blade is obviousy not it and Assassin's Blade is expensive for its attack. What about going for Obsidian Shard? Cards from Shaku, the Collector and Swashburglar will make it cheaper more often than not. If you can hit a 2 mana 3/3, I think it is a bit better than the Wicked Knife, even a 3 mana shard is not bad, thinking you can hit Naga Corsair with it. I would maybe swap Bloodmage Thalnos and Vilespine Slayer for 2 copies, or maybe an Argent Commander, I think it serves more of a board control tool, for taunts, rather than a finishing burst, at least here in this deck.

Obsidian Shard could work but I'm not sure about running two copies. If you do choose to run it I would take Barnes out since he doesn't have the greatest targets in this particular deck. Bloodmage Thalnos is a keeper due to the card draw and he helps with Backstab and Eviscerate while Vilespine Slayer can help remove taunts to help push for lethal or remove a problematic minion without having to trade. As for Argent Commander, yes he does well with board control but he can also be used as a finisher with Cold Blood when you don't have Leeroy Jenkins. If you feel like  you do need a second copy of Obsidian Shard the only other minion I could see you living without a second copy of is Small-Time Buccaneer. He is great early game but after his nerf he isn't as good as he used to be later on. 

Guest Ahoy!

thats great feedback KingMe, I just crafted Jenkins finally yesterday, as for now Im missing a few of these legendary's. Might find another spell booster to replace Thalnos for now. Would have to agree that Small-Time B is not a very strong card. He's just too small and slow. Vilespine is still one of my best minions ever. Running that together with shadowstep can create some serious Damage. 

I Am a few months in to Hearthstone. Have (Rouge Quest and Preist Quest, and decent amount of essentials for Mage.) Am considering the painful decision of Killing my Preist colection and all the cards to get about a 1000 dust, so that I can save up and get the missing Legendary's for this deck, that is Thalnos, Edwin and Shaku. 

Witch one is more essential for a pirate aggro to craft first you think?
And what do you guys think off killing preist of to get closer to this deck?
Thanks

By the way there's another version running two Obsidian over here.
http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/sempoks-aggro-pirate-rogue-april-2017-season-37/ 

7 hours ago, Guest Ahoy! said:

thats great feedback KingMe,

:D

Witch one is more essential for a pirate aggro to craft first you think?
And what do you guys think off killing preist of to get closer to this deck?
Thanks

Edwin VanCleef is definitely more essential and can be used in more Rogue archetypes than Shaku, the Collector.  While Bloodmage Thalnos is a staple in most Rogue decks, there are budget replacements for him that are effective. As for killing off your priest cards to work on your rogue that is totally up to you. If you don't see yourself playing priest and you really enjoy playing rogue than personally I would go for it and honestly It is better to have all (or at least most) of the cards for one deck than a few for every deck. 

By the way there's another version running two Obsidian over here.
http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/sempoks-aggro-pirate-rogue-april-2017-season-37/ 

Obsidian Shard has a lot more synergy in Sempok's deck than ours since he is running double Hallucination and Undercity Huckster so it makes more sense. It can still work in our version but it wouldn't be played as cheap as often as it would in his. 

• Like 2

Thanks again KingMe, (Ahoy! Guest here). 

I think I will have to consider killing of Preist then, to focus my dust on Rouge.
I crafted most of the warrior pirate for now, (the small amount of dust needed was easier to obtain), and I must say it's loads of fun but lack some of the finesse that Rouge has. I will however need to save up for Magni Bronzbeard now, since I cant stand to look at Garrosh (however the price tag of 10 euros is painful).  

So craft Edwin first... 
Btw. What do u think is the best budget spell replacement for Thalnos?

Edited by DanTheMan

5 hours ago, DanTheMan said:

(Ahoy! Guest here). 

Welcome to the club. :D

5 hours ago, DanTheMan said:

So craft Edwin first... 
Btw. What do u think is the best budget spell replacement for Thalnos?

I would craft Edwin VanCleef first, yes. Bloodmage Thalnos' budget replacements are either Kobold Geomancer for the spell power or Loot Hoarder for the card draw. The choice is yours on which effect you feel you need more. 

• Like 1

Thank you!
After writing here I opened one singe pack of cards (after loosing 3-0 in arena), the first card that came up was a Golden The Voraxx! So he got dusted and now I have Edwin in my deck, I also dusted my whole Priest Deck (Quest and all) and now I can afford another Legendary! 

Having a bit of a hard time Deciding weather to craft Shaku, the Collector or Bloodmage Thalnos... I feel though I'm leaning towards Shaku. He just looks cooler. ;) Also if I do, I will almost have the full Pirate Rouge set in Sempok's deck, Almost... ;) Having that said, Thalnos does seem like a more solid pick maybe. Hmmm... 

Edited by DanTheMan

41 minutes ago, DanTheMan said:

I also dusted my whole Priest Deck (Quest and all) and now I can afford another Legendary! 

This is not right, just sayin'. I mean, maybe you really want to play this deck and all, but you will regret this.

With this being said, I think Bloodmage Thalnos is a better option, maybe not for this deck, but in general. It has more uses, and it is one of the most versatile legendaries in the game. Rogue, Mage and Druid could make use of it easily, some Shaman decks also utilizes it as early spell damage.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FanOfValeera said:

This is not right, just sayin'. I mean, maybe you really want to play this deck and all, but you will regret this.

With this being said, I think Bloodmage Thalnos is a better option.

I don't think I will regret it, It was a sacrifice that needed to be made.
I have three classes left (Warrior, Mage and Rogue).

From a strategic point of view you Need to dust minions, so that you can craft the decks you actually care about. 
Once your decks are complete you can keep random cards that come to you for another class you are interested in. Soon enough you will start filling up the new stuff since you already have created a focus in your game. 

Thanks for the feedback on Thalnos. I do see that he's the better minion.
Having that said I feel Kobold will serve the spell power for now. 
If I get Shaku I will have almost a complete deck of Sempok's Ladder Pirate.
And I like that feeling of trying it out like that before I tweak it. 

Then I probably craft Bloodmage Thalnos next...

EDIT: I crafted Shaku, and so far I love him. :)
Thanks for the feedback guys. 

Edited by DanTheMan