Classic Restoration Shaman Healer Gear and Best in Slot
On this page, you will find the best PvE gear and best in slot items for your Restoration Shaman Healer in WoW Classic.
Gearing Strategy for Restoration Shamans
While a clear best in slot list is always available in WoW Classic, the items contained might be extremely hard or expensive to get. Thus, we will try to give at least one alternative, for most slots in the list, so that you can pick where and how to farm them.
If you want to gear for PvP instead, you can check out our PvP BiS and Gearing guide below.
WoW Classic Phases
As stated by Blizzard, WoW Classic will have six phases, starting with Molten Core, Onyxia's Lair, and Maraudon, and ending with Naxxramas and the Scourge Invasion. This guide currently contains information relevant to Phase 2 — the PvP Patch.
Restoration Shaman Pre-Raid Best in Slot (BiS) List
*These items have random suffixes. You will be looking for "of Healing," which gives +Spell Healing. Since you need both the item and the correct suffix to drop, these are often hard to farm, so make sure you have reasonable alternatives until you can get the correct drop.
Restoration Shaman Raid Best in Slot (BiS) List
Shamans Tier 1, The Earthfury is one of the few Tier 1 sets in WoW Classic that are well worth using for their 8 set bonus. It allows your Healing Wave skill to heal additional nearby targets when used, multiplying its effectiveness. The 5 piece bonus and 3 piece bonus are also great, increasing your Mana efficiency with Healing Wave and saving you a talent point in Totemic Mastery, respectively.
Fire Resistance Gear for Restoration Shamans
While doing Molten Core and Onyxia's Lair, you may need some Fire Resistance gear, especially for Ragnaros. The pieces we list below are the ones that grant significant Fire Resistance and do not drop from Molten Core itself. For healers, it is not advisable to use resistance gear that hurts your healing potential too much, so we will only list easily accessible gear, that you might even already have for other purposes. Depending on your buffs and consumables, you might not even need any of this gear. If you loot powerful gear with Fire Resistance on it during your Molten Core clears, replace whatever pieces you are still wearing of the following.
|Helm||Tribal War Feathers (of Fire Resistance)||Gyth in Upper Blackrock Spire|
|Neck||Drakefire Amulet||Onyxia's Lair Attunement Quest|
|Cloak||Cape of the Fire Salamander||Ambassador Flamelash in Blackrock Depths|
|Wrists||Flameweave Cuffs||Lord Incendius in Blackrock Depths|
|Two-Hand||Kindling Stave||Pyromancer Loregrain in Blackrock Depths|
|Off-hand||Skull of Burning Shadows||Maleki the Pallid in (side-entrance) Stratholme|
Finally, do not forget you can also complement your Fire Resistance gear with consumables such as Greater Fire Protection Potion, Juju Ember, the Libram of Resilience leg and head enchant, the Enchant Cloak - Fire Resistance cloak enchant, and the Flame Mantle of the Dawn shoulder enchant.
Since weapons are such a broad topic, we have written a full guide about Shaman weapons.
Special Gear for Restoration Shamans
Some items, which are not powerful enough to be in the best in slot list, have special properties that make them very valuable to acquire for specific encounters or as a weapon swap mid-fight. We will list the most notable special items for the current phase, and their effects and application below:
- Annihilator (or the less expensive, less powerful Rivenspike and Bashguuder) allows you to reduce an enemy's armor by up to 600 for your whole group, making it a very powerful weapon swap. Use it at the start of an encounter to quickly full debuff the boss, and swap back to your healing weapons when heals are needed.
- Gnomish Battle Chicken summons a chicken that attacks your enemies for 1.5 minutes, with a cooldown of 30 minutes. The chicken scales with your Engineering skill (Level 60 at 300 skill), and buffs your group with 5% increased Attack Speed through Battle Squawk. This is what makes it well worth using while grouped.
- Arcanite Dragonling summons a dragon that attacks your enemies for up to 1 minute, with a cooldown of one hour. The dragon scales with your Engineering skill (Level 60 at 300 skill) and causes a stacking debuff that increases Fire damage taken, which makes it worth using in later raids to boost Fire Mage damage.
- Skull of Impending Doom is given as a quest reward from completing Forbidden Knowledge in the Badlands. While generally undesirable, if you need to run somewhere fast, it can be a useful item to have.
- Furbolg Medicine Pouch is sold by Gorn One Eye when you reach Honored status with Timbermaw Hold. This is a great item that you can swap during combat to provide you with a significant 1000 heal over 10 seconds. For comparison's sake, Heavy Runecloth Bandage heals you for 2000 over 8 seconds, but requires you to channel it, and you cannot take any sort of damage in the channel duration.
- Tidal Charm allows you to instantly stun an enemy for 3 seconds. It has a 50% drop chance from Prince Nazjak, who spawns around 25,84 in Arathi Highlands. Due to his very high respawn timer it might be hard to get this trinket, but the stun it provides is a life saver and duel winner.
- Hand of Edward the Odd is an epic BoE world drop that makes your next spell cast instantly when it procs, which happens around once a minute. This makes it useful for extra burst, but you should swap to a weapon with better stats after using the proc. It also allows you to Hearthstone instantly, which allows you to role play a bubble hearthstone Paladin in an emergency.
- Linken's Boomerang allows you to potentially disarm or stun an enemy when used, which makes it useful in certain scenarios, especially in PvP. Its rewarded from the Un'Goro Crater quest It's Dangerous to Go Alone.
- Luffa removes a bleed effect, such as Garrote, from yourself when used. You get this item from the Searing Gorge quest Incendosaurs? Whateverosaur is More Like It.
- 24 Jan. 2020: Added PvP reputation gear and more ranked PvP gear.
- 11 Dec. 2019: Added link to PvP BiS.
- 12 Nov. 2019: Guide is now Phase 2 ready.
- 04 Nov. 2019: Typo fixes and added some more Dire Maul gear.
- 13 Oct. 2019: Added Phase One Molten Core / Onyxia gear bis list, as well as Dire Maul gear.
- 19 Sep. 2019: Changed some gear slots due to powerful gear that was confirmed to be available in Phase 1, when it was previously not thought to be the case.
- 16 Aug. 2019: Added new special gear to the list and changed the position of this list to the bottom of the guide.
- 02 Aug. 2019: Page added.
- Diablo 1 Playable in 4K (The Hell 2 Mod)
- All Blizzard Esports To Be Streamed Exclusively on Youtube
- Upcoming Alterac Valley Changes in WoW Classic
- Diablo 2 Upscale Final Demo Working In-Browser
- Mists of Pandaria and WC3: Reforged 8K Upscaled Cinematics
- Diablo 2 Median XL Mod Patch 1.40 Released
- Path of Diablo (2) Season 9 Brings a New Skill, Widescreen Support, Trade 2.0 and More
- WoW Classic Phase 3 Release Date for Blackwing Lair and More
- 3rd Pet
- Shaman Tank Guide - Serious Look at Shaman Tanking in World of Warcraft
- Knights Who Say Ni @ Staghelm
- Quests Completed for Classic
- Hunter Ranged weapon recommendation is wrong
- [A][US][Kromcrush]Retrofeels | WoW Classic | Tues | 7:30 PM-10:30 PM ET
- Pet Aggro vs Hunter Aggro
- Weapon swing Timers