FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
BuckNaked

Experimental Budget Jade Tempo Rogue

I have always loved playing Sottle's Tempo Rogue deck from this year (pre-Kara and post-Kara), so I was trying to find a way to integrate the new jade cards in with it.  After some experimentation, I have finally found a good mix of tempo and jade cards that have gotten me up to Rank 12, which is the highest rank I have gotten so far!  ~59% win rate for me after 50 games played.

2x Backstab, 1x Shadowstep, 2x Swashburglar, 2x Eviscerate, 2x Jade Shuriken, 2x Jade Swarmer, 1x Loot Hoarder, 1x Sap, 2x Undercity Huckster, 1x Brann Bronzebeard, 2x Fan of Knives, 2x SI:7 Agent, 2x Unearthed Raptor, 2x Defender of Argus, 2x Jade Spirit, 2x Azure Drake, 1x Red Mana Wyrm, 1x Aya Blackpaw

I got REALLY lucky when opening the first round of packs and scored a golden Aya Blackpaw which is the real reason I have been perusing this jade strategy.  Not really sure about the Red Mana Wyrm - was just playing around with it, but it tends draw an opponent's focus in a pinch and it fits the curve nicely.

I'd drop the Shadowstep and the Red Mana Wyrm for a clean finisher (The Worst Player Ever or a Reckless Rocketeer) and a Cold Blood.

Other changes you might consider depending on what you run into the most are one Fan of Knives for a second Sap, a second Loot Hoarder, another Cold Blood or a Defias Ringleader. Same for Brann Bronzebeard if you find him to be too clunky.

Just sharing this rogue deck I'm using. it's not necessarily a tempo build but rather the deathrattle n'zoth build. decided to throw some jade in there too. working pretty ok at 52%.

also, this isnt exactly budget with 6 legends totaling 10k dust

Spoiler

kc4xCLI.png

59 minutes ago, Shine said:

Just sharing this rogue deck I'm using. it's not necessarily a tempo build but rather the deathrattle n'zoth build. decided to throw some jade in there too. working pretty ok at 52%.

Hide contents

kc4xCLI.png

Seems really interesting. At what rank are you playing? Also how has Assassinate been performing?

pretty low ranks in general, been trying out lots of different decks so I'm generally hovering between 20-15 (EU) since these decks aren't always as strong as they deserve to be.

Assassinate comes in useful sometimes but I just put it in for the sake of having a cold removal an obviously be replaced.

9 hours ago, Keizoku said:

I'd drop the Shadowstep and the Red Mana Wyrm for a clean finisher (The Worst Player Ever or a Reckless Rocketeer) and a Cold Blood.

Other changes you might consider depending on what you run into the most are one Fan of Knives for a second Sap, a second Loot Hoarder, another Cold Blood or a Defias Ringleader. Same for Brann Bronzebeard if you find him to be too clunky.

I like Shadowstep because it works great for building golems (Aya Blackpaw or Jade Spirit) or rescuing Brann Bronzebeard and making him a 1-drop, but I did replace the Red Mana Wyrm with a Cold Blood and that has made the early game much better.  Not sure how I overlooked Cold Blood!

I also removed one Fan of Knives in favor of a 2nd Loot Hoarder as I am seeing more midrange between rank 15 and 12.  Also, if I don't have a Fan of Knives in hand by turn 3, then the aggro decks tend to overrun me anyway - otherwise it sits in my hand until late game when I just burn it for cycle.

2 hours ago, Shine said:

Reveal hidden contents

I still haven't made my Jade Rouge yet but the crazy thing is is N'Zoth, the Corruptor was the route I was thinking about taking.  Also, it's not everyday you see someone running Xaril, Poisoned Mind, I Personally love this card. 

37 minutes ago, BuckNaked said:

Added new visual:

BuckNaked Jade Rogue v2.JPG

That golden Aya is beautiful.  She was one of the legendaries that I wanted and luckily I pulled her out of my pre-order.  Though I didn't get her golden I did however get a golden panda of my very own. Hearthstone Screenshot 12-13-16 11.30.21.png

2 hours ago, KingMe said:

I still haven't made my Jade Rouge yet but the crazy thing is is N'Zoth, the Corruptor was the route I was thinking about taking.  Also, it's not everyday you see someone running Xaril, Poisoned Mind, I Personally love this card. 

Xaril, Poisoned Mind is one of my favorite legendaries, synergises extremely well with infinite card machine

1 minute ago, Shine said:

Xaril, Poisoned Mind is one of my favorite legendaries, synergises extremely well with infinite card machine

Exactly, that and he helps with key combo cards such as EviscerateSI:7 Agent, and Edwin VanCleef while synergizing with Unearthed Raptor.  On top of all of that; Firebloom Toxin and Kingsblood Toxin are really good cards in any rouge deck. 

21 minutes ago, KingMe said:

Exactly, that and he helps with key combo cards such as EviscerateSI:7 Agent, and Edwin VanCleef while synergizing with Unearthed Raptor.  On top of all of that; Firebloom Toxin and Kingsblood Toxin are really good cards in any rouge deck. 

yeah I like the shadowstep one aswell, very fun to bounce a Jade Spirit or Aya with.

Edited by Shine

On 9. 9. 2016 at 9:05 AM, positiv2 said:

Xaril's body is obviously bad and even though you can get Firebloom Toxin to deal with aggro, the body is just too bad for Xaril to be good in aggro matchup.

I'm just gonna quote myself here to respond to the Xaril, Poisoned Mind inclusion. The meta is pirate, which means turn 5 lethal, so I personally recommend running Deadly Poison or Earthen Ring Farseer instead, as one Cult Apothecary is simply not sufficient.

22 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

I'm just gonna quote myself here to respond to the Xaril, Poisoned Mind inclusion. The meta is pirate, which means turn 5 lethal, so I personally recommend running Deadly Poison or Earthen Ring Farseer instead, as one Cult Apothecary is simply not sufficient.

As much as I love Xaril, Poisoned Mind I'm thinking about swapping it for a second Cult Apothecary. The deck as is does very well against Midrange and Control but the Aggro is a bit of a fight. If I can survive until the later turns I'm usually in the clear but surviving can be very hard to do seeing how explosive PW is. 

22 hours ago, KingMe said:

Congrats.

Thanks!!

After 100 games played with a ~53% win rate, I'm still hovering around rank 12.  Dropped an Undercity Huckster for an Acidic Swamp Ooze, dropped the Sap for a 2nd Fan of Knives, and dropped the Cold Blood for a 2nd Shadowstep.  The deck feels more consistent this way and fits my play style well.  I think this will be the version I run with for a while, at least until I get enough dust saved up to craft a good N'Zoth, the Corruptor centric deathrattle jade deck.  Thanks everyone for your feedback!!

BuckNaked Jade Tempo Rogue - final.JPG