Vlad

Face (Aggro) Hunter Deck List

35 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Face (Aggro) Hunter Deck List Guide.

Hi! I tried to use this deck but it says it's only available in wild matches. Maybe a card was nerfed or something?

6 hours ago, Guest alphagod said:

Hi! I tried to use this deck but it says it's only available in wild matches. Maybe a card was nerfed or something?

You need to click/tap "Convert to Standard" after hovering your mouse over the portrait of the hero when having the deck open in the collection, or when tapping the portrait (if you are using mobile device). If that doesn't help, delete the deck, create it again, click/tap the button again and it should work. If it does not help, asking the support is your safest bet.

This deck is amazing it gives f2p players a chance to climb ranks.

I'm stuck at rank 12 though and was wondering what cards should I upgrade in the deck because Ive got 3k dust.

11 minutes ago, Guest hash said:

I'm stuck at rank 12 though and was wondering what cards should I upgrade in the deck because Ive got 3k dust.

This deck is pretty much at it's peak so there isn't much to add to it, if any, that would improve it. I have however seen different variants running things like Knife JugglerRavasaur Runt, Raptor HatchlingGolakka CrawlerSavannah Highmane and Leeroy Jenkins. Not sure what you are running into in your meta so I can't help you more than that. Another option is our Midrange Hunter deck. I've been using a slightly different version of this deck and I've greatly enjoyed it. 

6 hours ago, Guest hash said:

This deck is not a budget one, and all the cards are final, meaning the only way to "upgrade" the deck is to run tech cards. However, such need should not be felt until ranks 5+, where the competition is getting tougher and every card counts.

9 hours ago, positiv2 said:

This deck is not a budget one, and all the cards are final, meaning the only way to "upgrade" the deck is to run tech cards. However, such need should not be felt until ranks 5+, where the competition is getting tougher and every card counts.

As for tech cards, the most common ones atm are hungry crab and golakka crawler against murloc paladin and pirate warrior. These two cards can straight out win a few games. I'm currently rank 3 and half of my games are against pirate warriors.

For the deck, I'm not too sure about the inclusion of firefly x2, since it has no beast synergy at all. Though it's effectively a 2 mana 2/4, they don't match against aoe's well and makes a weak turn 1 play. I would definitely take 1out to tech in a hungry crab/ golakka crawler.

Edited by T0ny1998
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, T0ny1998 said:

As for tech cards, the most common ones atm are hungry crab and golakka crawler against murloc paladin and pirate warrior. These two cards can straight out win a few games. I'm currently rank 3 and half of my games are against pirate warriors.

For the deck, I'm not too sure about the inclusion of firefly x2, since it has no beast synergy at all. Though it's effectively a 2 mana 2/4, they don't match against aoe's well and makes a weak turn 1 play. I would definitely take 1out to tech in a hungry crab/ golakka crawler.

On Turn 1, Face Hunters are often playing a strong 1-drop, as they do have plenty of it, so they often play Fire Fly and Flame Elemental on T2, or coin them both out on T1 if they do not have a better play.
As for the AoE, there aren't many early-game AoEs, especially not reliant or commonly found ones, so you shouldn't need to be worried about it as much.
But indeed, Fire Fly is not as strong as other cards in the deck and are often the first card to be taken out, together with Tundra Rhino.

• Like 1

What are the best opening cards to mulligan for? Or is it not really important as long as you get a mana curve?

Is there a particular 1/2/3 order I should aim for?

8 minutes ago, Abelcain said:

What are the best opening cards to mulligan for? Or is it not really important as long as you get a mana curve?

Is there a particular 1/2/3 order I should aim for?

This deck is a pretty straight forward so all you are really looking for is a good opening curve. 

Played all morning. The worst ft2 Hunter deck I ever played. Even if you survive the beginning, you get crapped over with the many 1/1s and lose miserably long before turn 10.

1 hour ago, Vatabane said:

Played all morning. The worst ft2 Hunter deck I ever played. Even if you survive the beginning, you get crapped over with the many 1/1s and lose miserably long before turn 10.

I do not have such issues with this deck. Would you please upload a few (optimally 3-5) replays?

Face Hunter is one my all-time-classic decks so i decided to have a run with this suggested.Due to lack of some duplicates to complete the deck,i added Amani BerserkerGrimestreet SmugglerGladiator's Longbow, and Carrion Grub.

I was to say the least impressed!!Played against an aggro paladin and splattered his face in the ground without losing a single HP!Makes me want to push for rank!!Thank you guys!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Karayan7 said:

Face Hunter is one my all-time-classic decks so i decided to have a run with this suggested.Due to lack of some duplicates to complete the deck,i added Amani BerserkerGrimestreet SmugglerGladiator's Longbow, and Carrion Grub.

I was to say the least impressed!!Played against an aggro paladin and splattered his face in the ground without losing a single HP!Makes me want to push for rank!!Thank you guys!

Glad you enjoyed it. :) 

• Like 1

Need some of your wisdom here people...

After 10 runs with this deck results are good but not optimal as i expected. The rate is 6W/4L against a wide variety of opponents, from freeze mage to a Golden secret hunter (whose face btw i bashed pretty easily!).As a consequence the rank advancement is very slow.

Could you suggest anything in order to improve my performance with the deck?

I know positiv2 would prefer some replays but i don't know how to upload them here.I am using Hearthstone Deck Tracker,yet i am not fully practical with its features...

This is the deck in the form i am using it now 

Thank you for your understanding!

Herathstone Decktracker saves your replays on a Server.

On the top right there is a button "replays"

Easiest way to access are the last 10 replays, just pick the wanted replay.

-> A new window in your browser is opened and the replay starts to play.

Copy the link and post it here.

1 hour ago, Karayan7 said:

Could you suggest anything in order to improve my performance with the deck?

It would be easier for you to tell us what other cards you have, see if you can't swap some of the slower cards for faster ones. 

1 hour ago, WedgeAntilles said:

Herathstone Decktracker saves your replays on a Server.

On the top right there is a button "replays"

Easiest way to access are the last 10 replays, just pick the wanted replay.

-> A new window in your browser is opened and the replay starts to play.

Copy the link and post it here.

Thank you so much!

50 minutes ago, Keizoku said:

It would be easier for you to tell us what other cards you have, see if you can't swap some of the slower cards for faster ones. 

Do explain please,you mean my Hunter cards or in general? Collection is quite big...!

27 minutes ago, Karayan7 said:

Do explain please,you mean my Hunter cards or in general? Collection is quite big...!

If you can link to your whole collection through Hearthpwn/Innkeeper, it would be easier. But anyway, the cards you might want to cut are, along with a suggestion:

- Amani Berzerker: It's not a bad card, but you have no way to activate it yourself so you need to either "waste a turn" trading or hope on a misplay from your opponent. Get a Ravasaur Runt instead

- Stubborn Gastropod: Again, not a bad card but it does nothing for your deck. Same as above, get a Ravasaur Runt instead. 

- Carrion Grub & Grimestreet Smuggler: Weak cards. Get a second Eaglehorn Bow or a couple of Savannah Highmane in there instead.

- Gladiator's Longbow: Too slow for a face deck. See above for suggestions, or (should you have him) The Team-killing Dumbass

• Like 1

@Karayan7 here's the changes I would make that would help your consistency and output with your deck;

-Gladiator's Longbow

-Grimestreet Smuggler

-Amani Berserker

-Carrion Grub

+Fiery Bat

+Dire Wolf Alpha

+Eaglehorn Bow

+Unleash the Hounds

I know you had said that you were short on these double but these will really help your consistency which in turn will help your winrate.

3 hours ago, KingMe said:

@Karayan7 here's the changes I would make that would help your consistency and output with your deck;

-Gladiator's Longbow

-Grimestreet Smuggler

-Amani Berserker

-Carrion Grub

+Fiery Bat

+Dire Wolf Alpha

+Eaglehorn Bow

+Unleash the Hounds

I know you had said that you were short on these double but these will really help your consistency which in turn will help your winrate.

I am saving dust to craft Aya Blackpaw and Archmage Antonidas (need less than 200) and afterwards i am going to craft these other cards you suggested.

3 hours ago, Keizoku said:

Gladiator's Longbow: Too slow for a face deck. See above for suggestions, or (should you have him) The Team-killing Dumbass

LMAO with the dumbass!

Maybe it's not optimal but I found that somecards are week against the meta right now I swap in:

-2 Fiery Bat (1 health makes this one drop weak)

-2 Kindly grandmother (Strong but kinda slow for the deck)

-2 Rat pack (Again, is really strong but to slow for the deck)

-1 Thundra Rhino (Turn 5 its kinda the turn when you are going to win anyways, its nice to have it but Leeroy its just better)

For:

+2 Hungry crab (tech card vs Shaman and Paladin, even if opp doesnt have murloc 2 HP makes better for crackling razormaw or another buff like Direwolf alpha or Leokk)

+2 Golakka crawler (tech card vs anything runing pirates, which seems its everyone this days, even if opp has no pirates, 3 health makes this minion survive a lot)

+2 Vicious Fledgling (Flappy bird is OP, really it is)

+1 Leeroy Jenkins (3rd Kill command, also can combo well with unleash the hounds)

And I have a 56 win %, I was stuck in rank 10, made the changes and got to rank 5 easily.

3 hours ago, Guest Rogueofoz said:

-2 Kindly grandmother (Strong but kinda slow for the deck).

I have found this card to be borderline useless against Priest unless I'm playing Priest. ;) 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.