WoW Classic Best Rogue Weapons Guide
Weapons are your primary piece of gear to upgrade, meaning you want to focus on upgrading your weapon as frequently as possible. Your weapon as a Rogue also will determine the attacks you will be able to do. With a Dagger you can use Ambush and Backstab and with Swords you will be able to use Garrote. This also means that the weapon will heavily influence what talents you will be taking. This means it is the slot of gear that is the most important to keep upgrading as you level.
Rogue Weapon Skills in WoW Classic
Rogues start their journey through Azeroth knowing how to use Daggers and Thrown Weapons. They can also learn Swords, Crossbows, Fist Weapons, and Bows from Weapon Masters around the world.
|Weapon Master location||Weapon Skills available|
|Learned by default||Daggers, Thrown Weapons|
|Darnassus (around 57,46)||Fist Weapons, Bows|
|Ironforge (around 62,89)||Maces, Fist Weapons, Guns|
|Stormwind (around 57,57)||Swords, Crossbows|
|Orgrimmar (around 81,19)||Bows, Fist Weapons|
|Undercity (57,32)||Swords, Crossbows|
|Thunder Bluff (around 41, 62)||Mace, Gun|
Daggers for WoW Classic Rogues
Daggers are what you will start off with when you first make your Rogue. Daggers are required for certain abilities as a Rogue such as Ambush and using Daggers is a very strong choice if you choose to PvP while you level.
Swords for WoW Classic Rogues
Swords are one of the most popular choices for leveling since you will get the talent Sword Specialization later into your leveling tree. Swords are especially strong if you are a Human Rogue since you have the racial Sword Specialization which is a significant DPS increase when using Swords.
Maces for WoW Classic Rogues
There are many Maces that can be upgrades for you while leveling so it is recommended that you train Maces so you will be able to equip one if it is an upgrade.
Thrown Weapons for WoW Classic Rogues
You will start with the ability to use Thrown Weapons and 200 Thrown Weapons. This is a great way to initiate combat without pulling multiple enemies so make sure that you always have Thrown Weapons available if you are not using Bows or Crossbows.
Bows for WoW Classic Rogues
Bows are a great upgrade over Thrown Weapons since they also can provide you with stats even if you aren't using the bow to attack. This is also a great way to initiate combat without body pulling multiple targets.
Crossbows for WoW Classic Rogues
Crossbows are also a great upgrade over Thrown Weapons since they also like the bows can provide stats. Crossbows are some of the best end game gear but it is recommended that you train both Crossbows and Bows and just use the best one available while leveling.
Guns for WoW Classic Rogues
Guns are the third alternative to Thrown Weapons that can also offer stats. Make sure to train all 3 (Bows, Crossbows, and Guns) so you can equip any upgrades that you get.
Leveling Weapons for Rogues in WoW Classic
- Try to get to Undercity and buy Sword Weapon Skills for 10 silver since the best Leveling build for Rogue uses Swords.
- Wingblade or Night Watch Shortsword (Horde) and Cruel Barb (Alliance) are great options that will last you for quite a few levels. Wingblade is a quest reward from Wailing Caverns making it a consistent option while Night Watch Shortsword is a world drop BoE, so you can buy it on the Auction House. Cruel Barb is a drop from Edwin Vancleef in Deadmines meaning you can farm for it.
- Spirit of the Faerie Dragon (Alliance/Horde) or Gryphon Rider's Stormhammer (Alliance) are both quest rewards making them consistent and powerful options.
- Thrash Blade is a strong choice for leveling and is a quest reward from Maraudon from the quest Corruption of Earth and Seed that you can get at level 45. Dimensional Blade is also a strong option and is a BoE that can roll random stats, try to find one with either "of Monkey" for survivability or "of Tiger" for damage.
- If you can afford it or are fortunate enough to find one, Krol Blade is one of the best swords you can get until you get the Dal Rends set from Upper Blackrock Spire.
End-Game Weapons for Rogues in WoW Classic
- Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge and Dal'Rend's Tribal Guardian are the best 2 weapons that you get can since they have a set bonus when both are equipped. They drop from Rend Blackhand in Upper Blackrock Spire, so getting the set of 2 can take some time.
- Thrash Blade from Maraudon is a strong end game option that not only provides a good damage range but also a very powerful effect.
- Masterwork Stormhammer is a BoE from Blacksmithing that is also a good choice, if you cannot get a group for Maraudon to get the Thrash Blade. It does require Level 57, however.
For more information about end-game gearing for Rogues in general, please refer to our gearing guide.
Complete Weapon Listings for Rogues in WoW Classic Phase One
You can check a list for each type of Rogue weapon below:
- You can find most of Phase 1's daggers, ordered by descending DPS, here, at itemization.info.
- You can find most of Phase 1's swords, ordered by descending DPS, here, at itemization.info.
- You can find most of Phase 1's maces, ordered by descending DPS, here, at itemization.info.
- You can find most of Phase 1's bows, ordered by descending DPS, here, at itemization.info.
- You can find most of Phase 1's crossbows, ordered by descending DPS, here, at itemization.info.
- You can find most of Phase 1's guns, ordered by descending DPS, here, at itemization.info.
- 02 Oct. 2019: Page added.
- WoW Classic "Not a Bug" List Update: February 19th
- UI API Change for UnitHealth
- Diablo Animated Series to Be Rendered in Anime Style
- Warsong Gulch Exit Portals to Be Removed
- Blackwing Lair Cleared in Under an Hour, World First Videos
- Blackwing Lair Raid in WoW Classic (Official Preview)
- WoW Classic Phase 3 Guides: Blackwing Lair & Darkmoon Faire
- Darkmoon Faire Dissapearance Bug Resolved
- [A] HEROD - SYNAPSE 8/8 BWL 8-11 EST
- Blocked Attacks
- Pet Aggro vs Hunter Aggro
- 3rd Pet
- Hunter Epic (Classic)
- petmyhornplz - Phase 3 Wishlist
- [A][US][Bloodsail Buccaneers]Acies | WoW Classic | T/Th | 8:30 PM-11:30 PM ET |LFM
- [A][US][Benediction] Torch | WoW Classic | Semi-Hardcore | Tues/Thurs/Sun 7:30-10:30pm EST