Moze (Gunner) Bottomless Mags Maliwan Build Guide
Moze Bottomless Mags Maliwan Ed build overview
Maliwan Moze is an evolution of the standard Bottomless Mags build that rose in popularity after Means of Destruction nerf. Leveraging the ammo regeneration/capacity found in the Bottomless Mags tree, this build takes few specific and otherwise just average Maliwan weapons and elevate their potential, offsetting most of their negatives.
- High sustained elemental damage.
- Good survivability.
- Fully utilizes Maliwan weapons' dual elements.
- Very mobile playstyle which can be played as both offensively and defensively.
- Suited for mid range combat.
- Requires only a primary weapon and a secondary of your choice.
- Cutsman, Sellout and Elemental Projector can turn it into a proficient boss killer.
- Iron Bear used only to enable some Anointed Traits (if you have any) and to provide an escape.
- Weapon dependent.
- Actively dodging enemy fire is mandatory, as your shield regen options are tied to critical hits (and kills if you have the guardian perk).
- Gear dependent; without specific items the build is non-functional.
Maliwan Moze is a midrange build, regardless of the weapon choice, focused around unleashing a terrific amount of elemental firepower at your foes with no downtime thanks to increased magazine capacity and ammo regeneration from the Bottomless Mags tree. While both Trevonator and Cutsman do not require particular attention, Devoted offers a unique playstyle opportunity, allowing you to maintain extremely high fire rate and little to no charge time as long as you prevent the weapon from spooling down.
Maliwan Moze Skills
- Cloud of Lead improves our ammo efficiency while Redistribution and Forge provide continuous ammo regeneration for the active weapon.
- Scorching RPM's is the only direct damage increase trait in the whole tree.
- Matched Set and The Iron Bank combined almost double the baseline magazine size of any weapon, which in turn also double the ammo regen from Forge and Redistribution.
- Some for the Road allows us to burst down targets and bosses in 1 Cutsman clip.
- Thin Red Line and Vladof Ingenuity are used to increase the shield pool and increase our survivability.
- Experimental Munitions adds some extra Incendiary damage everytime we score a Critical hit.
- Drowning in Brass and Desperate Measures both increase weapon damage by a noticeable amount.
- Phalanx Doctrine is a non-capped scaling buff that increases our shield and gun damage for each foe we kill.
Action Skill, Augments, and Elements
Iron Bear is mostly used as an escape or to proc anointed effects, thus its loadout is more of a personal choice. I like to run with double Salamander, augmented with both Fuel Economy and Molten Roar for the extra mobility.
Alternative Skill choices
The 2 points in Phalanx Doctrine can be used to max Vladof Ingenuity if more survivability is needed (or when not running The Transformer).
Maliwan Moze Gearing
Best in Slot
In order to make the most out of Matched Set and since there are no Maliwan shields or grenade mods yet, it is paramount to have 4 Maliwan Weapons in the loadout, even if we will use 1 or 2 weapons at most, depending on the situation.
For the primary weapon, there are 2 dual elements Maliwan guns which stand out:
- Devoted is the first choice. The weapon starts slow and after a second or two ramps up to the maximum rate of fire, before slowing down after you stop shooting. Normally the weapon would be mostly unusable due to poor ammo economy and ramp up time, but because we can maintain the weapon spooled up by randomly shooting every now and then without having to worry about the eventual reload, it becomes essentially an 18 rounds per seconds dual elemental SMG with DPS comparable to a The Butcher. While it may sound appealing to just hold down the fire button, by doing so you will also reduce the accuracy of the weapon, so for the best result, it is advisable to reach max rate of fire before firing in 2-4 seconds bursts, allowing weapon reticle to shrink down within each interval. It is extremely important to find an Incendiary/Cryo or Incendiary/Corrosive combination, as switching element will still keep the weapon spooled up, making the gun surprisingly strong against enemies with multiple shield/armor/health bars. Try to avoid the dual bullets version of the gun, as the ammo consumption is still unsustainable despite all the regen trait this build runs. You will struggle to maintain high fire rate even when exercising trigger discipline, and the lowered accuracy model will reduce your effective range as well.
- Trevonator is the other option, best in its Incendiary/Cryo version. Featuring a high-DPS burst fire and little bullet spread, this weapon can freeze enemies in a couple of volleys even at mid range.
Cutsman is the backup weapon: whenever there are multiple anointed enemies or a boss, 1 volley of an Incendiary Cutsman after hopping off the Iron Bear is often enough to take care of the problem.
Last weapon slot is for the Sellout in case we want to hunt bosses, and it is best paired with an Elemental Projector artifact. For general mobbing purposes or for bosses with shield bar or Armor bar, bringing a Shock/Corrosive Cutsman duplicate is equally viable.
Regarding Class mods, Bloodletter is once again invaluable and a cornerstone for this build to work. Without it, we cannot constantly regenerate shields which is our only means of survival.
When choosing the Artifact, Deathless is a cornerstone to the build, thus is not easily replaceable. If you have yet to find it, other temporary options are Otto Idol for added sustain or Victory Rush for added mobility and damage.
The Transformer is the preferred shield mod choice, providing Shock damage immunity and a high chance to absorb incoming bullets, and synergizes well with Shock Grenades (or Barrels) for additional sustain in a pinch.
Grenades are mostly used for utility, thus the likes of Quasar and Storm Front provide both crowd control and survivability.
Anointed rolls are special additional effects that can appear on weapons and shields at higher levels. The special effects relate to the use of action skills and provide powerful temporary buffs.
Maliwan Moze build greatly benefits from 2 rolls on Weapons, the first generic and the second class specific:
- 'On Action Skill End, the next 2 magazines will have 50% additional bonus Element Damage' works extremely well as we basically never reload, making that an almost always active bonus on a given weapon.
- 'After exiting Iron Bear, the next 2 magazines will have 40% bonus Incendiary damage', is numerically a worse roll than the generic one, but it always comes with Incendiary Damage as the upside.
'After exiting Iron Bear, gain 75% increased shields and health for 25 seconds.' offers the best defensive capabilities, but requires some degree of micromanagement
For the seasonal Terror anointments, the most impactful is a generic one that says 'While Terrified, deal 50% bonus cryo damage.' and is best paired with the Gunner specific 'After Reloading, consume all Terror and create a nova that deals cryo damage.' in the situation where we reach too many stacks making our aim unsteady beyond control.
Alternative Gear from Missions
The build relies on a tight combination of specific legendary items, thus there is no viable alternatives from missions.
Best-in-slot Gear and Stat Priority List
|Slot||Item||Special Effect||Secondary Stat/Effect Priority|
|Shield||The Transformer||100% Shock resistance. 40% chance to absorb projectiles.||25% max capacity|
|Artifact||Deathless||Reserves all but 1 health point. 100% shield Increase. -20% Shield recharge delay.||
|Grenade Mod||Quasar||Vortex grenade that bounces and hover, sucking enemies in while constantly dealing shock damage.|
|Grenade Mod Alternative||Storm Front||Splits into 4 grenades that deal continuous shock to nearby enemies.|
- 07 Nov. 2019: Guide added.
- Icy Veins 10-Year Anniversary Giveaway!
- Merry Christmas from the Icy Veins Team!
- Cyberpunk 2077 Wiki from IcyWiki
- Week 1 Analysis of the Heist League from The Chaos Report
- Introducing Icy Wiki
- Best Starter Builds for Path of Exile: Delirium
- February 13th Patch: New Event, Level Cap Increase and a lot More
- Level Cap Increase, New Seasonal Event and Lot More Coming in February Patch