TBC Classic Frost Mage Phase 5 / Tier 6 Gear and Best in Slot
On this page, you will find the best PvE gear and best in slot items for your Frost Mage in Phase 5 of TBC Classic.
Frost Mage Phase 5 / Sunwell Plateau Best in Slot List
This page contains a list of gear which is considered to be the best in each slot. If your raid support for Mages is very low, Frost is the best alternative to Arcane and will perform better than Fire. Frost Mages can do high DPS for a very long time with a Restoration Shaman as it's only support class.
The list below is following the stat priority of Spell Hit until cap > Spell Haste >= Spell Damage > Spell Crit > Intellect and assumes no Hit Chance raid buffs. You can see an explanation for this priority on our stats page for Frost Mage below.
Other Frost Mage Best in Slot Lists
If you are starting out as a freshly-leveled Frost Mage, our pre-raid best in slot list is meant to give you an idea of non-raid items you can chase as a solo / pug player in preparation for raids.
Do note that items from Heroic dungeons or that require Primal Nethers (which are obtained from Heroics) can be harder to get than raid items due to their daily lockout. Some Heroic dungeons are also harder than most of Karazhan.
To check out our recommended Pre-Raid best in slot gear, head over to its list below. If your character is still progressing through the content of Tiers 4 or 5, then you may wish to consult their best in slot lists instead.
Frost Mage Phase 5 / Sunwell Plateau Best in Slot Table
The items on the following list for Phase 5 come from TBC raids, and professions. It also uses only crafted gems, as these are easier to come by.
Absolute Best in Slot
This gear set is the absolute best you can get in Phase 5 / T6.5. It is built for maximum performance on trash and bosses. During trash, especially on AoE, Haste rating is much more valuable than Spell Damage and Spell Crit, as Mages are often AoE-capped by Spell Power and AoEing many targets simultaneously. This means that with additional Haste you can cast more spells in the same time, whereas with additional Spell Damage, your Arcane Explosion would not hit harder due to the AoE cap. Therefore the Ashtongue Deathsworn Exalted trinket Ashtongue Talisman of Insight and Mind Quickening Gem from Vaelastrasz the Corrupt in Blackwing Lair are very strong options for AoE fights.
If you have further questions about gemming and enchanting these items, our Frost Mage Enchants and Gems page below provides more information.
- 05 May 2022: Updated for Phase 5.
- 18 Mar. 2022: Updated for Phase 4, the Gods of Zul'Aman.
- 07 Jan. 2022: Updated for Phase 3; separated previous Phase 2 list into a new page.
- 15 Oct. 2021: Updated page layout.
- 05 Aug. 2021: Added Engineering Goggles.
- 04 Aug. 2021: Page added.
- Season of Discovery XP Buff Is Live Now!
- WoW Classic Era Maintenance Notes: February 6th
- Blizzard Teases Cozy Sleeping Bag for SoD Phase 2
- Timeline of Blizzard Presidents
- New World Buff Coming in Season of Discovery Phase 2
- A List of All Runes Coming in Season of Discovery Phase 2
- Blizzard Bans GDKP Runs in Season of Discovery Starting February 8
- NO GDKP Runs in Season of Discovery Phase 2