Best Alliance Races for DPS Rogues
On this page, you will find rankings of Alliance races for DPS Rogues (for both PvE and PvP content), as well as detailed explanations of what each Alliance race brings for DPS Rogues.
Alliance Race Rankings for PvE
If you are interested in PvE content, please refer to our dedicated Rogue guide.
Alliance Race Rankings For PvP
If you are interested in PvP content, please refer to our dedicated Rogue guide.
Humans are the best race for Alliance PvE and raiding, mainly because of the racial passive Sword Specialization with the Combat Swords build. This will allow you to go over the 300 Weapon Skill cap at Level 60, which will further reduce your chance to miss an attack or get blocked, dodged, or parried. You will also gain the Racial cooldown Perception, which is great against other Rogues that are Stealthed, or Druids that are stealthed with Prowl.
You will also gain Diplomacy, which helps with reputation grinds by increasing your reputation gain substantially. The Human Spirit grants you increased Spirit, which does not increase your damage directly, but instead increases your Health regeneration rate, which will help improve the leveling experience by decreasing the amount of time you have to wait in between pulling mobs. Lastly, you will get the Racial passive Mace Specialization, which does not benefit Rogues, since you will be using either Swords or Daggers.
Dwarf is not as strong of a choice for Rogue as Human is for PvE content. For PvP, Dwarf has access to Stoneform, which removes all Poison, Bleed, and Disease effects, while also increasing your armor for the duration. This is incredibly powerful, letting you remove Rend from a Warrior, a poison effect from another Rogue, such as Crippling Poison, or removing other DoT effects in order to safely Stealth with Vanish without it getting broken shortly after.
You will also gain the other Racials Find Treasure, Frost Resistance (which will be useful in Naxxramas in later phases), and Gun Specialization.
Night Elves have the Racial cooldown Shadowmeld, which passively increases your Stealth level. This does not make Night Elves better than the other available Alliance classes.
Nature Resistance is a slight Nature Resistance buff, which is great for the Night Elf starting areas, since there are a lot of Nature magic-based creatures. Wisp Spirit allows for faster leveling, since it is very easy to die as a Rogue when you accidently pull too much, due to Rogue's lack of self-healing. Quickness is a slight Dodge chance increase.
Gnome is the best choice for Alliance PvP, due to their Racial Ability Escape Artist, which helps you get out of any movement impairing effects, such as Entangling Roots or Engineering Net Traps. Rogues also will usually have access to the talent Improved Sprint, which means, as a Gnome, you can run something other than that talent for something that adds more DPS. When it comes to PvE, Gnomes are not nearly as strong of a choice as Humans. Gnomes also have access to Arcane Resistance, Expansive Mind, and Engineering Specialization. Engineering Specialization will allow you to use higher tier Engineering bombs and other items than your level bracket will allow.
- 25 Oct. 2019: Page added.
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: September 23rd
- In Celebration Of Diablo 2: Resurrected, We're Discounting Our Premium Subscription
- Overwatch 2 Executive Departs from Activision Blizzard
- The SEC Launches Activision Blizzard Investigation
- Infinite A'dal Vs. Terokk Fist Fight - Brilliant Bug Use
- Bans Going Out for Ogri'la Quest Exploit, Up to 6 Months + Hilarious Hotfix Consequences
- Tempest Keep Classic Cleared World First by Salad Bakers in a Little Over an Hour
- Serpentshrine Cavern Classic Cleared in Under an Hour World First by Progress
- Shaman Tank Guide - Shaman Tanking in WoW
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Hunter Macros for TBC Cassic?
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- When will we see a pre-patch tbc page?
- Icecold (A) - Ashbringer EU
- Inner Circle Recruiting For TBC
- New onyxia kill time