Fl4k (Beastmaster) Gamma Burst Radiation Pet Skill Tree and Playstyle
Structure of This Guide
This Fl4k Gamma Burst Radiation Pet build guide is split in 3 different pages. The other 2 pages are the build overview and the gear, which you can access by clicking the buttons below.
This Gamma Burst Pet build makes constant use of Fl4k's pet to absorb damage through the use of the Red Fang Class Mod. You should make use of your Attack Command to position your pet in the centre of enemies, this will allow you to maximise the Radiation damage from Gamma Burst. With your pet taking all of the damage, you should make use of Radiation weapons and any Radiation damage-boosting gear to start taking down enemies one by one. This damage will make use of the Who Rescued Who? skill to keep your pet alive as well as Endurance to extend the duration of Gamma Burst.
Gamma Burst Radiation Pet Build Skill Breakdown
- All My BFF's—All My BFFs makes use of any Health regeneration you have and shares it with your pet to provide it with further survivability. While playing in a group, this will also help provide your teammates with some additional sustain.
- Turn Tail and Run—Turn Tail and Run makes use of the fact that your pet will be the target of all damage by providing you with a significant boost in damage and fire rate while you safely stand still.
- The Fast and the Furryous—As your pet takes nearly all damage in this build, you should almost always be at full Health, allowing you to take advantage of the generous damage bonus of The Fast and the Furryous.
- Hidden Machine—Hidden Machine is the final Stalker skill that takes advantage of your pet. Due to the Taunt effect of Red Fang, you should almost never be targeted by enemies, allowing this skill to consistently boost your damage.
- Who Rescued Who?—Who Rescued Who? is the primary sustain skill in this build. It will turn a percentage of your damage into healing for your pet, allowing you to continually heal your pet while you are safely shooting away.
- Barbaric Yawp—Barbaric Yawp greatly improves bonuses of your pets. It pairs excellently with the Great Horned Skag to provide a nice boost in damage.
- Mutated Defenses—Mutated Defenses provides the build with a safety net. It will provide your pet with damage reduction and healing in situations where you are unable to heal it, or it is simply taking too much damage.
- Pack Tactics—Pack Tactics provides a nice balance of Health for your pet and damage for yourself to support both the defence and offence of this build.
Action Skill, Augments, and Pets
Gamma Burst is the Action Skill used in this build. The build is built entirely around it through the use of the Red Fang Class Mod and many pet-supporting skill choices. Due to these synergies, no other Action Skill options are possible.
Empathic Rage is the first Action Skill Augment used in this build. It provides a nice damage boost while making use of Gamma Burst. The second Augment, Endurance, indirectly boosts your damage by extending the duration of your Gamma Burst and therefore extending the time that you can benefit from Empathic Rage.
Atomic Aroma can be used as an alternative Action Skill Augment to Endurance. However, it is inadvisable as this harms the synergy between Empathic Rage and Endurance, as well as weakening several skill choices.
The Great Horned Skag is the pet used in this build. This is purely because the pet provides the highest damage bonuses, which are improved by the Barbaric Yawp skill. Eridian Skag is a reasonable alternative if you are diligent in using your Attack Command, allowing you to take advantage of its Singularity effect to group up enemies for AoE Radiation damage.
Alternative Skill choices
- Eager to Impress—Eager to Impress provides some light cooldown reduction on your Action Skill. This skill can be chosen as an alternative to Self-Repairing System if you are having issues with survivability during the downtime of Gamma Burst.
- Lick the Wounds—A single point can be taken from Self-Repairing System and put into Lick the Wounds if you prefer the added safety. However, this is only really useful against bosses as you should not be taking damage while your pet is alive.
- The Power Inside—The Power Inside is a strong damage-boosting skill that is cut out of this build. This is primarily due to Pack Tactics providing a larger overall damage boost as The Power Inside is rarely active due to infrequency in which Gamma Burst is used. However, if you wish to use this skill, you can take 2 points out of Pack Tactics and put them into your Stalker skill tree to accommodate it.
- He Bites!—He Bites typically does minimal damage, but will occasionally deal a large amount if your pet takes a large burst of damage. You will be looking for a skill point in this from your Red Fang Class Mod. However, if your Class Mod does not have them, you can remove a point from Self-Repairing System in order to skill it manually.
- 03 Dec. 2019: Page added.
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Icy Veins Podcast About Path of Exile
- ARPG Vault Discord Giveaway
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- Icy Veins Black Friday Giveaway Ends Today!
- Icy Veins Black Friday Giveaway!
- In Celebration Of Diablo 2: Resurrected, We're Discounting Our Premium Subscription