Zane (Operative) Double Trouble Build Guide Skills
Welcome to the gear page of our Double Trouble Zane build, where you will find the skills you need to pick up to play that build, as well as guidance on how to best use them.
Structure of This Guide
This Double Trouble Zane build guide is split in 3 different pages. The other 2 pages are the build overview and the gear, which you can access by clicking the buttons below.
Double Trouble Zane is a build centered around Digi-Clone with the aim to enable specific weapon synergies and substantially increase Zane's firepower in the process. With multiple talents empowering the clone and gear choices that give it sustain, any battlefield very often turns into a 1-man (clone?) army show, allowing the player to focus on surviving and dispatching key targets while their clone deletes everything in sight.
Double Trouble Zane Skill Breakdown
- Brain Freeze is arguably one of the strongest talent in the game, adding massive crowd controlling capabilities to both the player and the clone.
- Violent Speed, the first of many Kill Skills, increases our movement speed and directly synergize with Violent Momentum.
- Salvation provides much needed sustain and Cool Hand helps reducing the downtime for each weapon reload.
- Death Follows Close is one of the cornerstones of the build, extending the duration and increasing the strength of every single Kill Skill buff.
- Playing Dirty and Violent Violence both offer damage increase, with the former better suited for fast firing or multiple pellet weapons, and the latter better suited for single-projectile, harder-hitting options, such as launchers or snipers.
- Good Misfortune allows to maintain 100% uptime on both Barrier and Clone, provided there are still enemies left to kill.
- Seein' Red sounds like a bit of a nonbo in a build that aims at permanent uptime on its Action Skills, but allows to start each new fight with every kill Skill active, which is extremely important.
- Praemunitus provides a DPS increase for both Zane and his Clone by reducing the downtime spent reloading guns.
- Donnybrook increases gun damage by a substantial amount.
- Duct Tape Mod is taken over Fractal Frags to avoid Clone wasting time lobbing grenades instead of shooting.
- Quick Breather increases our overall sustain while Old-U is a free Second Wind during FFYL if we have a clone out, which also works with Doppelbanger.
- Supersonic Man synergises with Violent Momentum, further increasing the potential gun damage buff.
- Boom. Enhance. is one of the key talent in the build, substantially buffing Clone overall output and survivability.
- Trick of the Light gives a bit of a damage boost and more flexibility in terms of additional elements.
- Double Barrel is the second big buff for Clone, and what unlocks the build's true potential.
Action Skill, Augments, and Elements
Barrier and Digi-Clone are the two Skill of choice for the build, but the former can be substituded for SNTNL if you so prefer, trading additional safety for more damage.
Augments for the Barrier are All-rounder which turns the barrier into an omnidirectional dome, offering protection to the sides and the back. Charged Relay is the second augment, which synergises with Violent Speed for yet more potential damage.
Clone augments are the Schadenfreude, providing yet another form of sustain, and Doppelbanger to allow for burst AoE damage but also to reset the cooldown of the clone when moving between two distant areas.
Alternative Skill choices
While talents are pretty much set in stone, there is some room for Action Skill augment choices:
- Digital Distribution augment can be used instead of Schadenfreude for additional damage mitigation at the expense of some sustain.
- Binary System can be considered over Doppelbanger if additional crowd control is preferred over more damage potential.
- 08 Oct. 2020: Guide added.
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- Icy Veins Black Friday Giveaway Ends Today!
- Icy Veins Black Friday Giveaway!
- In Celebration Of Diablo 2: Resurrected, We're Discounting Our Premium Subscription
- Launching Log Reviews for WoW PvE & Diablo 3 Character Reviews
- Introducing Icy Veins Masterclass
- Enthusiast Gaming Acquires Icy Veins
- Icy Veins 10-Year Anniversary Giveaway!