Restoration Shaman Healer Season of Mastery Phase 3/4 Gear
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items from Tier 2 / Blackwing Lair and Zul'Gurub for your Shaman Healer in WoW Classic's Season of Mastery. For pre-raid gearing advice, please refer to our Shaman Healer Pre-Raid Gearing and Best in Slot guide for the Season of Mastery.
Gearing Strategy for Restoration Shamans in Season of Mastery Phase 3/4
While a clear best in slot list is always available in WoW Classic Season of Mastery (SoM), the items contained might be extremely hard or expensive to get. Thus, we will try to give at least one alternative, for most slots in the list, so that you can pick where and how to farm them.
Restoration Shaman Pre-Raid Best in Slot (BiS) List
In order to get ready for raiding, it is recommended that you follow this guide in order to learn which gear to gather for maximizing DPS before ever setting foot in raids, and probably also before getting your first epic loot. Even so, expect to get a few pieces that you will have a hard time replacing, such as Enamored Water Spirit and Hide of the Wild.
Restoration Shaman Raid Best in Slot (BiS) List for Blackwing Lair
- The 3-set bonus increases Chain Heal's healing to targets beyond the first by 30%, increasing its smart healing power by a huge amount. You will want to get this bonus as soon as possible and never drop it off throughout most of WoW Classic. Using full Tier 1 can still be worth it, for its 8-set bonus, if you have it.
- The 5-set bonus increases the critical chance of your Nature spells by 3%. This is a nice healing boost that works well with Ancestral Healing.
- Finally, the 8-set bonus gives you a 25% chance to give your target a 50 damage Lightning Shield when using your single target heals. This is a generally weak set bonus and you should look to use it only if you want to use the full set for looks or stats.
While the main focus is on Blackwing Lair gear, the list below also contains some gear from older raids, PvP sets and world bosses, when warranted, in order to create a good list for players who regularly clear the raids up to Tier 2.
*These items have random suffixes. You will be looking for "of Healing," which gives +Spell Healing. Since you need both the item and the correct suffix to drop, these are often hard to farm, so make sure you have reasonable alternatives until you can get the correct drop.
Fire Resistance Gear for Restoration Shamans
As a Restoration Shaman, a small amount of Fire Resistance can help you survive unexpected damage bursts better in some MC fights such as Ragnaros. Read this guide to figure out where to find such gear, and which pieces to wear!
Restoration Shaman PvP Best in Slot Gear
If you want to gear for healing in PvP, you can check out our PvP BiS and Gearing guide below.
Since weapons are such a broad topic, we have written a full guide about Shaman weapons.
Special Gear for Restoration Shamans
Some items, which are not powerful enough to be in the best in slot list, have special properties that make them very valuable to acquire for specific encounters or as a weapon swap mid-fight. We will list the most notable special items for the current phase, and their effects and application below:
- Annihilator (or the less expensive, less powerful Rivenspike and Bashguuder) allows you to reduce an enemy's armor by up to 600 for your whole group, making it a very powerful weapon swap. Use it at the start of an encounter to quickly full debuff the boss, and swap back to your healing weapons when heals are needed.
- Gnomish Battle Chicken summons a chicken that attacks your enemies for 1.5 minutes, with a cooldown of 30 minutes. The chicken scales with your Engineering skill (Level 60 at 300 skill), and buffs your group with 5% increased Attack Speed through Battle Squawk. This is what makes it well worth using while grouped.
- Arcanite Dragonling summons a dragon that attacks your enemies for up to 1 minute, with a cooldown of one hour. The dragon scales with your Engineering skill (Level 60 at 300 skill) and causes a stacking debuff that increases Fire damage taken, which makes it worth using in later raids to boost Fire Mage damage.
- Skull of Impending Doom is given as a quest reward from completing Forbidden Knowledge in the Badlands. While generally undesirable, if you need to run somewhere fast, it can be a useful item to have.
- Furbolg Medicine Pouch is sold by Gorn One Eye when you reach Honored status with Timbermaw Hold. This is a great item that you can swap during combat to provide you with a significant 1000 heal over 10 seconds. For comparison's sake, Heavy Runecloth Bandage heals you for 2000 over 8 seconds, but requires you to channel it, and you cannot take any sort of damage in the channel duration.
- Tidal Charm allows you to instantly stun an enemy for 3 seconds. It has a 50% drop chance from Prince Nazjak, who spawns around 25,84 in Arathi Highlands. Due to his very high respawn timer it might be hard to get this trinket, but the stun it provides is a life saver and duel winner.
- Hand of Edward the Odd is an epic BoE world drop that makes your next spell cast instantly when it procs, which happens around once a minute. This makes it useful for extra burst, but you should swap to a weapon with better stats after using the proc. It also allows you to Hearthstone instantly, which allows you to role play a bubble hearthstone Paladin in an emergency.
- Linken's Boomerang allows you to potentially disarm or stun an enemy when used, which makes it useful in certain scenarios, especially in PvP. Its rewarded from the Un'Goro Crater quest It's Dangerous to Go Alone.
- Luffa removes a bleed effect, such as Garrote, from yourself when used. You get this item from the Searing Gorge quest Incendosaurs? Whateverosaur is More Like It.
Other Best in Slot Lists
As this list is meant to be used for Restoration Shamans in Phase 3 of WoW Classic's Season of Mastery, we have created separate gear lists for those interested in optimizing themselves for the "main" branch of Classic instead. If you are not playing in the Season of Mastery, it is recommended that you consult this gear hub instead. In case you still need them, we have also included links to other phases of our Season of Mastery gear lists.
- 07 Mar. 2022: Updated with Zul'Gurub gear.
- 08 Feb. 2022: Page added for Season of Mastery Phase 3.
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Wrath Classic Class Vs. Spec Balance, Featuring Retribution Paladins
- Wrath Classic 3.4.1 PTR: Titan Rune Dungeons, Argent Tournament
- Official Controller Support Coming to Wrath Classic in the Ulduar Patch
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: November 18th
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- Gold Cap Will Not Be Increased in Wrath Classic