Elemental Shaman DPS Season of Mastery Phase 5 Gear
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items from Tier 2.5 / AQ40 and AQ20 for your Elemental Shaman DPS in WoW Classic's Season of Mastery. For pre-raid gearing advice, please refer to our Elemental Shaman DPS Pre-Raid Gearing and Best in Slot guide for the Season of Mastery.
Gearing Strategy for Elemental Shamans in Season of Mastery Phase 5
While a clear best in slot list is always available in WoW Classic Season of Mastery (SoM), the items contained might be extremely hard or expensive to get. Thus, we will try to give at least one alternative, for most slots in the list, so that you can pick where and how to farm them.
Elemental Shaman Pre-Raid Best in Slot (BiS) List
In order to get ready for raiding, it is recommended that you follow this guide in order to learn which gear to gather for maximizing DPS before ever setting foot in raids, and probably also before getting your first epic loot. Even so, expect to get a few pieces that you will have a hard time replacing, such as Briarwood Reed and Therazane's Touch.
Look out also for the Tailoring Bloodvine Set, which you can buy and is extremely powerful when compared to most other pre-raid BiS pieces!
Elemental Shaman Raid Best in Slot (BiS) List for Phase 5 (Ahn'Qiraj)
This is the gear we recommend for Elemental Shamans in the AQ40 patch.
Shamans Tier 2.5, Stormcaller's Garb tries to have something for every type of Shaman, and thus fails at actually being good for any of the specs, unfortunately. The benefit of the 3-set bonus does not compensate for the overall lack of useful stats on the items, when compared to the best in slot off-set options.
- The 3-set bonus makes your lightning spells have a 20% chance to grant you 50 Nature Spell damage for 8 seconds, which averages out to a small, RNG-bound damage bonus.
- The 5-set bonus reduces the cast time of your Chain Heal by 0.4 seconds, which is useless for Elemental.
Other Useful Phase 5 Gear for Elemental Shamans
Nature Resistance Gear for Elemental Shamans
As an Elemental Shaman, you are likely to be asked to use as much Nature Resistance gear as you can for Princess Huhuran while being one of the 15 closest players. Read this guide to figure out where to find such gear, and which pieces to wear!
Elemental Shaman PvP Best in Slot Gear
If you would prefer to gear for PvP, you can find our Elemental Shaman PvP BiS guide below.
Since weapons are such a broad topic, we have written a full guide about Shaman weapons.
Special Gear for Elemental Shamans
Some items, which are not powerful enough to be in the best in slot list, have special properties that make them very valuable to acquire for specific encounters or as a weapon swap mid-fight. We will list the most notable special items for the current phase, and their effects and application below:
- Gnomish Battle Chicken summons a chicken that attacks your enemies for 1.5 minutes, with a cooldown of 30 minutes. The chicken scales with your Engineering skill (Level 60 at 300 skill), and buffs your group with 5% increased Attack Speed through Battle Squawk. This is what makes it well worth using while grouped.
- Arcanite Dragonling summons a dragon that attacks your enemies for up to 1 minute, with a cooldown of one hour. The dragon scales with your Engineering skill (Level 60 at 300 skill) and causes a stacking debuff that increases Fire damage taken, which makes it worth using in later raids to boost Fire Mage damage.
- Skull of Impending Doom is given as a quest reward from completing Forbidden Knowledge in the Badlands. While generally undesirable, if you need to run somewhere fast, it can be a useful item to have.
- Furbolg Medicine Pouch is sold by Gorn One Eye when you reach Honored status with Timbermaw Hold. This is a great item that you can swap during combat to provide you with a significant 1000 heal over 10 seconds. For comparison's sake, Heavy Runecloth Bandage heals you for 2000 over 8 seconds, but requires you to channel it, and you cannot take any sort of damage in the channel duration.
- Tidal Charm allows you to instantly stun an enemy for 3 seconds. It has a 50% drop chance from Prince Nazjak, who spawns around 25,84 in Arathi Highlands. Due to his very high respawn timer it might be hard to get this trinket, but the stun it provides is a life saver and duel winner.
- Hand of Edward the Odd is an epic BoE world drop that makes your next spell cast instantly when it procs, which happens around once a minute. This makes it useful for extra burst, but you should swap to a weapon with better stats after using the proc. It also allows you to Hearthstone instantly, which allows you to role play a bubble hearthstone Paladin in an emergency.
- Linken's Boomerang allows you to potentially disarm or stun an enemy when used, which makes it useful in certain scenarios, especially in PvP. Its rewarded from the Un'Goro Crater quest It's Dangerous to Go Alone.
- Luffa removes a bleed effect, such as Garrote, from yourself when used. You get this item from the Searing Gorge quest Incendosaurs? Whateverosaur is More Like It.
Other Best in Slot Lists
As this list is meant to be used for Elemental Shamans in Phase 5 of WoW Classic's Season of Mastery, we have created separate gear lists for those interested in optimizing themselves for the "main" branch of Classic instead. If you are not playing in the Season of Mastery, it is recommended that you consult this gear hub instead. In case you still need them, we have also included links to other phases of our Season of Mastery gear lists.
- 30 Apr. 2022: Page added for Season of Mastery Phase 5.
- Chinese Realm "Region Unavailable" Messages Appeared for EU Players
- Changes to Death Knight Character Creation Restrictions Coming
- Free Character Transfers in Wrath Classic: March 3rd
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: March 1st
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 24th
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 21st
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 16th
- Season of Mastery Realms Closing This Week, Transfers Open