FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
OroNerVoSo

QUEST ROGUE DECK - Rank 15 certified -

Hi all ! , this is my first post on Icy Veins , I'm ORO , and i play only ROGUE since 2 years on Heartstone.

I want to share with this community my new Rogue Deck. it's pretty Similar to other decks played around , but it has some Variety and situational Cards that noone is playing , and that are helping me a lot.

I don’t want to play those “charge” cards. Because if u fail the first hit , you have lost , and also you have no chance of backup or comeback drawing next card

Never start questing on a creature that will give you problems , or you know you will be slower than enemy.

If you will use this deck you can also be competitive versus long range decks.

Elementals are way better than pirates , and you agro so much that you won’t need SAP , you also can quest on glacial shards , usefull versus Hunter and Warrior. A LOT.

I would like also to explain after every cards , why i use this , and the situaions.

Shadowstep x2 [edit15:35 , sorry for the lapsus]:

Just NEED that for the combo.

Preparation x2

casting quest at 2 mana. AoE Dmg with Thalnos  and Fan of knives . USEFULL to cast ENEMY spells that you steal with Swashburglar. 

good to cast the core with 2 mana , nice with fan of knives. nice with Vanish.

The Caverns Below x1

It does not need explain. it's a quest deck :)

[edit 19/04] TRICK : you can play it as a combo. example : 2nd turn order --> The Coin --> Preparation --> The Caverns Below --> Edwin VanCleef . we got a 6/6 down and we sure gain some time. pretty a small all in of the deck. this trick let you play aggressive in the early turns , and this deck DON'T play aggressive in the early 4 turns.

Fire Fly x2

you can go late game with this. or quest at third turn. it can easily let you have 5 creatures down on 4th turn = 25 dmg on the 5th turn.

Do you still have Swashburglar in your hand and Patches in the deck ? a coin ? :)

Swashburglar x 2  

this is unpredictable , it can steal worst cards , or best cards. sometimes best cards are not the best cards of the specific Match you playing. I call it a knife with a double cut side. sometimes it fulls your hand with cards that you won't use at all or you don't need . it's can be the salvation , or you are just wasting mana.

Patches the Pirate x1

i use it early only in critical situations , where my enemy is a strong face deck. Face Deck that love to have creatures alives to buff them. i really prefer to use it like a "surprise" of the last 5 dmg.

i Mean if you're playing only 2x Swashburglar you can probably keep it in the deck for all the game.

Always good , because also you put out a card from your deck. using his perk it's like drawing  a card

Glacial Shard x2

ok , you may go in combo with this. when? you have to predict it. realy usefull in many games against aggro NoFace decks. sometimes let me play 2 more turns , taking no dmg.

[edit 19/04] wow , awesome card.  counter this Swamp King Dred , and go on on your questing ? NICE , AND TASTY , NOT ?

Youthful Brewmaster x2

NEED FOR QUEST

Gadgetzan Ferryman x2

NEED FOR QUEST

Bloodmage Thalnos x1

Really need to be played with Fan of Knives , you don't play it? every face aggro will (probably) destroy you with those stupid 1/2 , 2/3 , or 3/2 stuff.

when it's the only option on the 2nd turn just play it. never keep it for too long in your hand.

Novice Engineer x2

BEST CARD FOR QUEST. Draw is better than everything. we got also counters in the deck. 

Edwin VanCleef x1

Emergency , play it before quest only in emergencies. you can double shadowstep him at turn 5. or it becomes really BIG played after the quest completion. because the quest make it 5/5 while he is in your hand.

ALERT! : if you are going to play the quest in the next turn , and Edwin is an 8/8 for Example , you can use the quest to heal him after he attacked a provoke creature , or something else dangerous.

Fan of Knives x2

Good with Thalnos , with preparation , i prefer this , to Mimic Pod Deck and "dmg" cards like :Counterfeit Coin , Deadly Poison , Sinister StrikeEviscerate ,Jade Shuriken , I can say that Mimic Pod made me Lose  much more of Win. i think it's a card for a miracle deck (Mimic Pod....)

Ironbeak Owl x1

Usefull , better then SAP. NICE VERSUS PRIESTS , PALADINS , sometimes it can be used for the quest.

sometimes you can silence the heavy provoke creatures of the warrior. he got a slower deck , so you can play the owl for the quest.

Gluttonous Ooze x1

Just will save your ASS against WARRIOR , PALADINS , ROGUE , Hunters.

Igneous Elemental x2

let's take two more elementals 1/2 , usefull for questing , and mid/late range aggro. anyway good to be played with the coin in your 2nd turn.

Eater of Secrets x1

if you want to rank up with this deck , you have to play counter creatures. you don't know if in your next game , you will lose just because of a double Ice Block. remeber you can play it many times sapping it in your hand , and with just 4 mana you dispel ALL the secrets that the enemy had played before. Tempo mage is a pain in the ass. or Just Ice Block is most broken card in the game? I don't know , I just have to dispel those secrets to win certain games . Also usefull versus Hunters , less Versus Paladins because their secrets are not so much dangerous for you.

Sherazin, Corpse Flower x1

it just revives , and revives , while you are questing/sapping Fire Fly/Swashburglar/Glacial Shard etc etc...

[edit 19/04] this is revealing a really good card. you can play the Vanish card as the fourth one that revives him. result : every creature go **** and  Sherazin, Corpse Flower stay down alive. quite a good trick.

Shadowcaster x1

you can use it with all the creatures you have. the 1/1 after questing , it's a 5/5 :) 

[edit 19/04] this is revealing too a good option , also for a 2x , Reasons: 1.  you can copy your quest creature , 2. you can copy  another shadow caster so you can chain themselves to get a full table of shadowcasters , and also you have a 4/4 before quest the completion. maybe the solution is to play Shadowcaster...x2 ? and put out the Youthful Brewmaster  , so we can play Biteweed ? this is a good card you can play it 6/6 at the first turn (only if you got  The Coin

Vanish x1 

Finally we got some use with Vanish! you can close the quest with this. or deal 5 more dmg with Patches the Pirate , or get back all your Fire Fly /Swashburglar. Good also to Clean the table , and aggro back taking a turn advantage. if u have many fire flyes down  , the enemy won't aggro more than you , because his tougher creatures cost more than 1 mana. just use as last option against murloc decks , quest priest , quest warrior , quest hunter. you have one , play it wisely. maybe for a close combo with Patches the Pirate , but it must an ending game , last 5 dmg for the win. in the early with Preparation can be a good option if you are not drawing cards...

I don't play other pirates like Southsea Deckhand because of : Golakka Crawler and because i don't want an all-in deck , i want a durable and versatile deck.

I don't play Stonetusk Boar because i don't want an all-in deck , i want a durable and versatile deck.

I don't play Eviscerate or other Removals , because i need creatures down. no more.

List of suggested Cards that can synergyze good too and do tricky stuff ***not mentioned in the full deck above***

Backstab

Wild Pyromancer (you can do the surprise trick with The Caverns Below to get an earl 1 dmg , good combo versus Face Hunters)

Sunfury Protector

Doomsayer

Lorewalker Cho (can work inside a "no-spells" deck, but every creature you play must do something. you should play creature that do what spells do)

Biteweed 

I hope you will like it , we can discuss every choice i made about this. For the moment it's a rank 13 confirmed , but people it's starting to play counter decks , and this is more difficult.

This is weak versus tempo freezing quest mage , face hunters , and warriors that got the right quest deck with the right cards.

probably weak versus every face deck around. probably if u play pirate versione you lose much because of just 3/4 provoke creatures.

i'm open to advices by more experienced players :3

[edit] updating while i wait some admin approve it :D

Edited by OroNerVoSo

whatever the variation, this deck is still wide open to fast aggro configurations or decks with specific counters such as Frost Nova or the hunter's Snipe - you've done well to get to rank 13 with it in all honesty. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Gnasha said:

whatever the variation, this deck is still wide open to fast aggro configurations or decks with specific counters such as Frost Nova or the hunter's Snipe - you've done well to get to rank 13 with it in all honesty. 

you can coutner frost nova sapping your Patches the Pirate , but this trick need a "build up" in the previous turns...

watch out about fulling too much the table...

hunter snipe is not a problem because if i see an hunter , i go questing with the creature that Fire Fly or Igneous Elemental give to me.

it sound crazy , but if i get my Igneous Elemental and it get Snipe , it's a good trade. 2 more points for quest , thank you :D

47 minutes ago, OroNerVoSo said:

you can coutner frost nova sapping your Patches the Pirate , but this trick need a "build up" in the previous turns...

watch out about fulling too much the table...

hunter snipe is not a problem because if i see an hunter , i go questing with the creature that Fire Fly or Igneous Elemental give to me.

it sound crazy , but if i get my Igneous Elemental and it get Snipe , it's a good trade. 2 more points for quest , thank you :D

also if u need a last hit you can silence your last 5 dmg with the owl. pretty situational but it works.

I'm still bouncing between rank 15/13. can't pass the 13 because Face hunters kill me at turn 5.

I'm also trying out the other decks , but they got totally differents weak points. 

Still need help of experienced player to develope more this type of  rogue quest deck , if you are uncofindent you can't try it .

I also will upload soon some screenschots of good situations where the "unsuggested cards" will do their job.

up up up *.*

here it is an UNwinnable match without having in the deck

Ironbeak Owl

and 

Gluttonous Ooze

i survived thanks to that 4 armor , and many silences. I quested with owl.

and Aggroed back using 

Shadowcaster over Youthful Brewmaster for infinite 5/5 down.

in the second screeshot i the next turn i killed all his creatures , and i used Vanish , so i can continue the aggro Curse with shadowcaster and other creatures and keep safe the others i want to keep safe healing all of them...

Screenshot_20170421-131932.png

Screenshot_20170421-132723.png

still looking for people that want work on this deck with me :3 

here is a match for rank 13  :3 now i got another hunter. Hunters are stopping this deck.... someone got advices?

Screenshot_20170421-150936.png

Merged [positiv2]

Edited by OroNerVoSo

On 21/04/2017 at 11:48 AM, OroNerVoSo said:

still looking for people that want work on this deck with me :3 

here is a match for rank 13  :3 now i got another hunter. Hunters are stopping this deck.... someone got advices?

Merged [positiv2]

your deck is wide open to ANY fast, aggressive decks such as and the only way to beat them is with another aggro deck or one specifically loaded with an anti-aggro configuration - but that would then take away vital cards needed to complete your rogue quest before you've fallen too far behind on tempo. So the short answer is there isn't an answer, and you're just going to have to accept your build will be weak against aggro and stronger vs slower control decks. 

28 minutes ago, Gnasha said:

your deck is wide open to ANY fast, aggressive decks such as and the only way to beat them is with another aggro deck or one specifically loaded with an anti-aggro configuration - but that would then take away vital cards needed to complete your rogue quest before you've fallen too far behind on tempo. So the short answer is there isn't an answer, and you're just going to have to accept your build will be weak against aggro and stronger vs slower control decks. 

that's true , but there is a quest deck that don't suffer face decks? i mean in the first 4 turns.

southsea deckhand and stonetusk boar can't help you much against aggro face , or worst against a Quest warrior.

or i'm wrong?

anyway i reached 12 with this.

Edited by OroNerVoSo

3 hours ago, OroNerVoSo said:

that's true , but there is a quest deck that don't suffer face decks? i mean in the first 4 turns.

Shaman, druid, hunter and to some extent warrior.

3 hours ago, OroNerVoSo said:

southsea deckhand and stonetusk boar can't help you much against aggro face , or worst against a Quest warrior.

or i'm wrong?

Yeah, but 4 cards aren't certainly enough. It's more about the core ideas and goals of the deck, rather than than deck itself a lot of the times.

16 hours ago, OroNerVoSo said:

or i'm wrong?

anyway i reached 12 with this.

That's disappointing, actually.  

I played my first game of Hearthstone on March 30th and reached rank 12 last month playing a hilariously sub-optimal Midrange Beast Hunter missing vital Commons, let alone rares, with 0 epics or legendaries.  And that's with mostly concentrating on Arena.  

So I would hope a good Quest Rogue deck at least hits rank 5, if not Legendary.  

I like some aspects of your deck, but I don't understand the point of Sherazin, a 5/3 in a deck trying to get all minions to 5/5, or Edwin Van Cleef.  They're both great cards, but just don't fit a Quest Rogue deck.  Eater of Secrets and Ironbeak Owl also seem suspicious.  

1 hour ago, FinalSlayer said:

I like some aspects of your deck, but I don't understand the point of Sherazin, a 5/3 in a deck trying to get all minions to 5/5, or Edwin Van Cleef.

Edwin VanCleef actually does receive the buff, starting at 5/5 stats and growing larger. However, the Crystal Core has to be played first. Same goes for Biteweed and apparently Blubber Baron

• Like 1

I think actually , everyone is still missing the right quest deck. I spotted many weak points , that are extremely different between each rogue quest decks.

1. quest deck in this topic --> really suffer early fast aggro stuff , but do not fear control decks , even priest and warrior fall down against you in late game , if u play good you can summon infinite stuff down.

2. charge quest type deck --> really suffer STRONG control decks , if charge creatures die , or got removed , you have no more bullets in the deck

maybe the solution is to have 3 types of quest deck before starting to rank up. and choose the right one , suggesting it.

Edited by OroNerVoSo

2 hours ago, OroNerVoSo said:

I think actually , everyone is still missing the right quest deck. I spotted many weak points , that are extremely different between each rogue quest decks.

1. quest deck in this topic --> really suffer early fast aggro stuff , but do not fear control decks , even priest and warrior fall down against you in late game , if u play good you can summon infinite stuff down.

2. charge quest type deck --> really suffer STRONG control decks , if charge creatures die , or got removed , you have no more bullets in the deck

maybe the solution is to have 3 types of quest deck before starting to rank up. and choose the right one , suggesting it.

You're right, but it is a general problem. You tech your deck against aggro, you lose late game, and become weaker against control. You tech against control by adding late cards, then you become slow for aggro. That's why suggestions generally include 'depends on your micrometa'

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FanOfValeera said:

You're right, but it is a general problem. You tech your deck against aggro, you lose late game, and become weaker against control. You tech against control by adding late cards, then you become slow for aggro. That's why suggestions generally include 'depends on your micrometa'

maybe the solution is just play every 1x mana creature with positive battelcry and 

Mimic Pod x2

Thistle Tea x2

gonna have fun with this xD

1 hour ago, OroNerVoSo said:

maybe the solution is just play every 1x mana creature with positive battelcry and 

Mimic Pod x2

Thistle Tea x2

gonna have fun with this xD

Drawing 2 or 3 one-drops against control doesn't really help you beat it. Besides, quest rogue is somewhat tightly packed already, and there is no place for subpar cards like Thistle Tea, and with the changes, you are losing mid-game, as the opponent is able to drop bigger minions while you are not.

• Like 2

For People that think "eater of secrets" sucks.

That's the explanation by a Legend rank Famous player/streamer. i founded this video now.

Edited by OroNerVoSo

As you can see in the video, his rank dropped. While I did not watch the stream, I think I can conclude that Eater of Secrets doesn't help that much get you farther in the ladder, and because of this, I would call it a bad card.

Besides, the most common class is warrior with around 16%, and non-secret classes currently take up over 50% meta, and with most hunters not running secrets, you can expect to trigger Eater of Secrets in less than 25% games, assuming you always draw it and the opponent always plays a secret and you always have the option to play the card.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, positiv2 said:

As you can see in the video, his rank dropped. While I did not watch the stream, I think I can conclude that Eater of Secrets doesn't help that much get you farther in the ladder, and because of this, I would call it a bad card.

Besides, the most common class is warrior with around 16%, and non-secret classes currently take up over 50% meta, and with most hunters not running secrets, you can expect to trigger Eater of Secrets in less than 25% games, assuming you always draw it and the opponent always plays a secret and you always have the option to play the card.

I know , but i'm always worried about mages and Ice Block , this is really the only way (at the moment) to counter Ice Block as a rogue. 

they just need time , Alexstrasza , Fireball x2 and 3 dmg and the other last round stuff that mages run.

In the video Toast explains that he chose to run Hungry Crab and Eater of Secrets due to how many Paladins and Mages he was facing  in his meta. If you are seeing secrets every other game then sure run a copy but if 50%+ of the time you don't see one than there is no point. 

15 hours ago, KingMe said:

In the video Toast explains that he chose to run Hungry Crab and Eater of Secrets due to how many Paladins and Mages he was facing  in his meta. If you are seeing secrets every other game then sure run a copy but if 50%+ of the time you don't see one than there is no point. 

i just gave up to rank up with the quest deck.

I'm playing a "different" miracle type deck and thanks god i have no more problems against fast aggro stuff.

7 hours ago, OroNerVoSo said:

i have no more problems against fast aggro stuff.

That's good to hear. :)