Glacial Shard — Neutral Card
Table of Contents
Glacial Shard is a neutral minion. This card was introduced with Journey to Un'Goro and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Glacial Shard is an exceptionally powerful 1-Mana minion. Although the Freeze Mechanic is often neglected outside of the Mage Class, having the ability to Freeze a minion for a turn can manipulate a board to work in your favor. Additionally, Glacial Shard is also a cheap minion that can be used to activate Elemental synergy cards on the following turn.
As a 1-Mana Elemental, Glacial Shard is a strong choice for any Elemental deck. The cheap Freeze effect also make the card worth considering in Mage decks that can get further value with cards such as Ice Lance and Cryomancer.
Glacial Shard is a good card in Arena. Although 1-Mana minions tend to be avoided in Arena, its ability to function as a cheap Freeze effect will often allow the board to be manipulated to provide favourable trades.
- David Kim Leaves Blizzard (WoW Principal Designer and Former Diablo 4 Lead Systems Designer)
- Blizzard Begins Monthly Collectible Series for 30th Anniversary with Lich King Statue & Concept Art Print
- Forged in the Barrens Now Live
- The "Grandfather" of Classic Omar Gonzalez Left Blizzard for Dreamhaven
- Best Sets and Tier List for Classic
- Crash Bandicoot: It's About Time Available on Battle.net
- Icy Veins 10-Year Anniversary Giveaway!
- Activision Blizzard Plans to Lay Off Even More Employees
- Hearthstone Rend Blackhand
- Doom Lord Kazzak Challenge
- Classic Midrange Combo Druid Deck
- Illidan Stormrage challenge impossible in new season
- Book of Heroes Rehgar Earthfury
- Clown Druid Deck - Forged in the Barrens
- Classic Tier List