Vlad

Control Warlock

36 posts in this topic

I'm currently trying to play a burst Variation of Handlock. It started as a fun Deck But it Gas in my opinion some potential. Basically, it Uses alexstasza followed by two evolved Kobolds and 2 soulfire as a win condition. Could you please take a look Stadt the decklist and Tell ne your thoughts on it? Maybe suggestions to make it better? Thanks in advance. Link below 

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/832923-combolock

9 minutes ago, Guest RE Handlock said:

I'm currently trying to play a burst Variation of Handlock. It started as a fun Deck But it Gas in my opinion some potential. Basically, it Uses alexstasza followed by two evolved Kobolds and 2 soulfire as a win condition. Could you please take a look Stadt the decklist and Tell ne your thoughts on it? Maybe suggestions to make it better? Thanks in advance. Link below 

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/832923-combolock

Have you considered Malygos-based combo? In this case it would mean you would only have to add Malygos, as you already have the rest.

Yeah i tried malygos, but it is impossibe to one shot your Opponent because of the Rotation of thairissan.  The kobolds Save one mana for anothwr soulfire and it is possible to Play one Kobold 2 soulfire followed by hellfire for 17 dmg 

Hey, maybe I'm missing something but why use Doomsayer?

Warlock got this nice Corrupting Mist. Same mana cost as Doomsayer but less vulnerable (maybe Counterspell) and you can cast it and even play a minion afterwards who will not be affected by the Corrupting Mist, well, minions played by your opponent afterwards will not be affected either. that's a downside but if your Doomsayer gets killed you do nothing and wasted a card.

Edited by Caldyrvan

1 hour ago, Caldyrvan said:

Hey, maybe I'm missing something but why use Doomsayer?

Warlock got this nice Corrupting Mist. Same mana cost as Doomsayer but less vulnerable (maybe Counterspell) and you can cast it and even play a minion afterwards who will not be affected by the Corrupting Mist, well, minions played by your opponent afterwards will not be affected either. that's a downside but if your Doomsayer gets killed you do nothing and wasted a card.

A big downside of Corrupting Mist is that the opponent can play minions on the following turn, which means you will not gain any tempo. Doomsayer prevents the opponent from playing minions on their turn, which means you will be the one with board after Doomsayer triggers.

Yes, I mentioned that myself :D but the vulnerability of the doomsayer to be killed compared to a spell is worth a thought. Or am I totally wrong?

8 hours ago, Caldyrvan said:

Yes, I mentioned that myself :D but the vulnerability of the doomsayer to be killed compared to a spell is worth a thought. Or am I totally wrong?

At the very least Doomsayer represents 7 health but at the best it clears the board and helps you gain/regain momentum. Corrupting Mist on the other hand doesn't guarantee anything because the card is limited to only the minions in play at the time of it's casting which means if they play a minion on their next turn then you aren't gaining much ground. 

9 hours ago, Caldyrvan said:

It is worth a thought, but the strength of Corrupting Mist only shows in control matchups, and, as you know, neither Doomsayer nor Corrupting Mist should be run against control because those cards are anti-aggro techs. Against control, you might want to consider Abyssal Enforcers instead.

1 minute ago, Caldyrvan said:

Thank you for the responses :)

It's what we are here for. Sorry for the delay. 

So i got a bit stubborn making a viable warlock deck.I've made quite a few tweaks,crafted and dusted cards for the sole purpose of climbing the ladder with warlock.

Here is my input and at the end i'll paste you my whole deck.

First of ,rush decks pose the biggest threat for handlock. I found that neither doomsayer or coils,shadow bolts can help you in those situations. For that you need early game board presence. I tried dirty rat but got fairly disappointed with it.Turn 2 hyena is no fun against hunters and to be honest i dont see how summoning an extra creature is going to help you in those early games.You need the exact opposite.

Tar creeper has been marvelous so far.It can definitely slow down those rush 1/2 -2/2 - 3/2 etc health mobs. Opponents often use their abilities that are supposed to land to your face to destroy those taunts.That gives you more room to breath until you can summon your big threats. Another awesome card is friendly bartender. Atm im running with 1x but might consider using 2x as it has been really great in early game board control plus the healing is always appreciated.

Another thing i noticed was that quite often against rush decks i'd win with really low HP. This is very common against aggro. So why not take advantage of it and bring back some ideas from the past handlock. So i also included Molten Giant x1.

Alexstraza is on the deck as well. 

So here is my deck. If you guys try it out let me know how it goes. I've played from 15 to 5 with it.

Best of luck 

AAECAf0GDpMBkwTFBN0E8gWJBrYHzAjcCqmtAuivAsW8AtK/At7EAgj7BfsG4QeNCPMM3bwCysMCxccCAA==

Edit:

Hi Guys,

I am trying this deck, any suggestions for replacement of The Black Knight ?

I mot at legend at the moment and I understand it is neccessary to have when you hit Legend rank, but Just to try this deck efficiently what do you recomend as a replacement?

9 hours ago, Guest N3RO said:

Hi Guys,

I am trying this deck, any suggestions for replacement of The Black Knight ?

I mot at legend at the moment and I understand it is neccessary to have when you hit Legend rank, but Just to try this deck efficiently what do you recomend as a replacement?

Depends on what you are facing. A different tech card is what you want to go for in general. Against pirate or other weapon-based decks, second copy of Acidic Swamp Ooze (alternatively Gluttonous Ooze based on personal preference). Against aggressive decks, healing, such as Mistress of Mixtures, is something you should go for. Faceless Shambler or in some cases Lord Jaraxxus can be included against control decks, but The Black Knight is preferred.

Hey guys, while Happy Ghoull is a good tool against aggro and midrange I think that Bonemare could help block out greedier control decks with a big burst of damage. Does anyone think thats a viable change?

Edited by Jirwin
adding card links

4 hours ago, Jirwin said:

Hey guys, while Happy Ghoull is a good tool against aggro and midrange I think that Bonemare could help block out greedier control decks with a big burst of damage. Does anyone think thats a viable change?

Sure. Could work fine if you need some extra anti-control power.

I  find myself being utterly destroyed playing this deck vs. any other control deck and have a 50/50 vs. aggro decks. I have not won a single game vs. control priest, seem to straight up counter this and most mage decks seem to laugh at me all the way.

Like most other decks Druids is an issue as soon as that pesky Ultimate Infestation is played, kinda feels gg there most of the time.

New hunters with constant flow of big taunts using Houndmaster, Nesting Roc and Bonemare seem to outlast you in the long run.
Paladins and their Spikeridged Steed, Tirion Fordring discovers and removal seems equally impossible to beat.

I know Warlock struggled a lot in Un'Goro but honestly feels like it's not much better in this expansion :( They got great buffs, very much so but so did everyone else so feels like we just all went up 1 notch meaning Warlocks are still behind everyone else.

I know this is off topic and i apologize in advance, but since no one seems to care about the wild warlock decks, i chose to ask my question here. I`m playing warlock exclusively since two years, that´s why i moved to wild with the rotation of Reno Jackson. Could you add a guide for something like Midrange Demonlock or Krul Reno Demonlock? Seems like Wild is underrepresented on this page and on streams, even tough the meta changed a lot.

Second question: Could you have a look at the following and tell me your thoughts about it? Thanks in advance

http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/midrange-demonlock-2/

20 minutes ago, Guest Anarchy said:

I know this is off topic and i apologize in advance, but since no one seems to care about the wild warlock decks, i chose to ask my question here. I`m playing warlock exclusively since two years, that´s why i moved to wild with the rotation of Reno Jackson. Could you add a guide for something like Midrange Demonlock or Krul Reno Demonlock? Seems like Wild is underrepresented on this page and on streams, even tough the meta changed a lot.

Second question: Could you have a look at the following and tell me your thoughts about it? Thanks in advance

http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/midrange-demonlock-2/

Wild decks aren't covered as much as the standard ones because they are simply not as popular.

As for the latter question, the deck seems fine for a midrange demonlock (renolock is still superior). I would swap Bloodfury Potion out for a second Imp Gang Boss, and maybe Sylvanas Windrunner for a second Abyssal Enforcer, based on the meta you are facing.

Thanks for the fast reply, i tried the deck with a second Imp Gang Boss, but it is somehow counteractive to Bloodreaver Gul´dan, filling your graveyard with 1/1 imps. I agree that Bloodfury Potion is not that great, but esspecially against, priest it is great to have an early 4/6 Voidwalker or a 4/7 Mistress. As for the Sylvanas Swap, what do you think about Felfire Potion for some extrs burst / board clear against taunt druid?

1 hour ago, Guest Anarchy said:

Thanks for the fast reply, i tried the deck with a second Imp Gang Boss, but it is somehow counteractive to Bloodreaver Gul´dan, filling your graveyard with 1/1 imps. I agree that Bloodfury Potion is not that great, but esspecially against, priest it is great to have an early 4/6 Voidwalker or a 4/7 Mistress. As for the Sylvanas Swap, what do you think about Felfire Potion for some extrs burst / board clear against taunt druid?

My recommended swaps are pretty much aimed at a faster meta, which is what I have been experiencing lately. If you face slower meta, do not add the second Imp Gang Boss, but something bigger, such as a second Despicable Dreadlord or Lord Jaraxxus
Yeah, Felfire Potion sounds good. Sylvanas Windrunner is included most likely for the 1-off value and pseudoclear against decks with big minions, such as jade druid or big priest, so if you believe that a different card will bring you higher value, feel free to include it. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.