Control Warlock Deck List Guide - Saviors of Uldum September 2019
This guide contains detailed strategy, mulligan, and deck-building information to help you improve your Control Warlock play for the Saviors of Uldum meta.
Control Warlock is a control archetype that uses the Life Tap Hero Power to maintain a continuous flow of cards. The additional card draw provides a broad range of options at all times to ensure there is no shortage of removal to eventually run opponents out of resources.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Control Warlock Mulligan Guide
Control Warlock regularly spends its early turns using Life Tap to fill its hand for optimal turns late in the game. You should mulligan with this in mind and not expect to play cards before turn 3.
- General Mulligan — Mountain Giant, Twilight Drake, Expired Merchant.
- Mulligan Against Aggro — Hellfire, Earthen Ring Farseer.
- Mulligan Against Control — Plot Twist.
Control Warlock Strategy
As a Control Warlock, your aim is to shut down your opponent with removal and run them out of cards. You should try to continually draw as many cards as possible with Life Tap while staying in control of the board. Your Health total will often be a limiting factor, so you should use removal swiftly to prevent taking any unncessary damage. Getting big minions like Twilight Drake and Mountain Giant will also go a long way with regards to controlling the board, especially when they are given Taunt from Sunfury Protector. The end game of this deck is to get into a position where you have 2 copies of Plot Twist and 2 copies of Augmented Elekk in hand. This will allow you to shuffle 2 copies of your entire hand, including Plot Twists and Augmented Elekks, to create a way to infinitely fill your deck in addition to providing a small amount of healing from Aranasi Broodmothers to be able to outlast any opponent.
Against Aggro, your whole gameplan should be to survive. This means that it is especially important to take as little damage as possible. In the mid game, you can stop using Life Tap to minimise the amount of self-damage you take. Additionally, you can use Plot Twist prematurely if your hand is not very useful or you are in desperate need of healing from Aranasi Broodmothers.
Against Control, you will be under very little pressure and have a lot more freedom with your cards. With this in mind, you should try to create the 'perfect' hand to continuously shuffle into your deck. Ideally when using Plot Twist, you should only be shuffling your other Augmented Elekks and Plot Twists, Aranasi Broodmothers, a large threat like Mountain Giant, and some removal like Zilliax. This will allow you to shuffle your deck, play a large threat, and heal a large amount almost every turn for the remainder of the game to eventually outvalue your opponent.
Control Warlock Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 2x Shadow Bolt, 1x Earthen Ring Farseer for 1x Augmented Elekk, 1x Fel Lord Betrug, 1x Siphon Soul.
- Against Control — Add 2x Omega Agent for 1x Lord Jaraxxus, 1x Defender of Argus.
- 02 Sep. 2019: Guide reviewed for September play season.
- 06 Aug. 2019: Deck has been updated for the Saviors of Uldum expansion. Removed 2x Acidic Swamp Ooze, 1x Augmented Elekk, 1x Lord Jaraxxus for 2x Expired Merchant, 2x Khartut Defender.
- 01 Jul. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the July card rotation.
- 05 Jun. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the June balance patch.
- 01 May 2019: Deck has been moved for the fun category for the May play season.
- 12 Apr. 2019: Deck has been completely overhauled for the Rise of Shadows expansion.
- 03 Mar. 2019: Deck has been reviewed and deemed appropriate for the March play season.
- 08 Feb. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the February balance patch
- 01 Jan. 2019: Deck has been reviewed and deemed appropriate for the January play season.
- 04 Dec. 2018: Deck updated for the Rastakhan's Rumble expansion. Removed 1x Demonic Project for 1x Void Contract.
- 26 Oct. 2018: Swapped the Giggling Inventor for Zilliax.
- 02 Sep. 2018: Swapped a Dark Pact for a Sacrificial Pact and a Possessed Lackey for a Skulking Geist.
- 09 Aug. 2018: Deck added.
- Hearthstone 15.6.2 Patch Notes
- Celebrate 25 Years of Warcraft
- Tavern Brawl Temporarily Disabled
- Q3 Earnings: Classic Drives Biggest Quarterly Increase to Subscription Plans in History
- Patch 15.6 Issues: Fixes Coming Monday/Tuesday
- Hearthstone 15.6 Update Patch Notes
- BlizzCon 2019 in 3 Minutes
- Quick Official Video Highlight Summaries for the Announcements at BlizzCon
- Battlegrounds Strategy
- Battlegrounds Special Cards
- Battlegrounds Mechanics
- Hearthstone Battlegrounds
- Battlegrounds Hero Tier List
- Battlegrounds Card Tier List
- No +5 Druid decks yet?
- Arena Warlock Tier Lists