TBC Classic Feral Druid DPS Phase 3 / 4 Gear and Best in Slot
On this page, you will find the best PvE gear and best in slot items for your Feral Druid DPS from TBC Classic Phases 3 and 4.
Feral DPS Druid Phase 3/4 Best in Slot List
While a clear best in slot list is always available in TBC Classic, the items contained might be extremely hard or expensive to get. Thus, we will try to give at least one alternative for most slots in the list, so that you can pick where and how to farm them.
The list will focus on gathering the best stats for Feral DPS, as described in our guide below. During Black Temple, you may also have need of additional gear devoted to maximizing your Shadow Resistance stat. Should this be the case, we recommend consulting our guide dedicated to acquiring pieces with this stat as necessary.
Other Feral DPS Druid Best in Slot Lists
If you are starting out as a freshly-leveled Feral DPS Druid, our pre-raid best in slot list is meant to give you an idea of non-raid items you can chase as a solo / pug player in preparation for raids.
To check out our recommended Pre-Raid best in slot gear, head over to its list below. If your character is still progressing through the content of older tiers, then you may wish to consult their best in slot lists instead, but keep in mind these older lists do not include Zul'Aman and new badge gear, both of which are often equivalent or even more powerful than Tier 5 gear!
TBC Tier 6 Feral DPS Druid Tier Set
Feral DPS Druid Tier 6, the Thunderheart Harness, is obtained from the following bosses:
- Helm — Archimonde in Hyjal Summit
- Chest — Illidan Stormrage in Black Temple
- Legs — The Illidari Council in Black Temple
- Shoulders — Mother Shahraz in Black Temple
- Gloves — Azgalor in Hyjal Summit
Its set bonuses are:
- 2 pieces — reduces the energy cost of your Mangle (Cat) ability by 5 and increases the threat generated by your Mangle (Bear) ability by 15%. While not incredibly useful for the standard Wolfshead Helm rotation, the cost reduction on Mangle allows for a Shred > Mangle > Powershift rotation for (off) tank Druids who do not wish to use Wolfshead.
- 4 pieces — increases the damage dealt by your Rip, Swipe, and Ferocious Bite abilities by 15%. This amounts to a pretty decent damage increase from improved finisher damage.
Phase 3/4 Best in Slot Table
Leatherworking is still a good profession for instant drums in later phases and to be able to learn how to craft Heart of Darkness gear in Tier 6. Engineering can increase your damage drastically with its explosives, especially in AoE situations. Enchanting provides strong personal damage increases from its ring enchants and Jewelcrafting provides slightly better gems that are bind on pickup.
Finally, it is worth noting that Idol of the Raven Goddess can be taken for its group benefit and is the recommended choice when in a stacked Physical damage group, but it is a personal damage loss to skip Everbloom Idol.
Braided Eternium Chain is very strong on its own due to Cat damage scaling well from Weapon Damage modifiers, and is especially recommended for physical group buffing. Make sure to get a new one whenever charges are expended so that you can keep using its secondary effect.
Other Useful TBC Phase 4 Gear for Feral DPS Druids
While the list above contains the absolute best gear setup, you are unlikely to quickly gather all of it. We provide more options below, some which are very close to the best and some which are just much easier to get!
Take note that the best helm for DPS is always Wolfshead Helm due to improving your Powershifting output, but you can use any of the below if you are spending a lot of time tanking in an encounter or just want more survivability on your gear. Tier 6 2p bonus reduces your Mangle cost and improves the non-Wolfshead powershifting rotation, making it less of a DPS cost to not use it when you know you will be tanking for part of the fight.
Since weapons are such a broad topic, we have written a full guide about Druid weapons below.
If you have further questions about gemming and enchanting these items, our Feral DPS Druid Enchants and Gems page below provides more information.
- 26 Jun. 2022: Updated Engineering Goggles.
- 05 May 2022: Guide moved.
- Changes to Death Knight Character Creation Restrictions Coming
- Free Character Transfers in Wrath Classic: March 3rd
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: March 1st
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 24th
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 21st
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 16th
- Season of Mastery Realms Closing This Week, Transfers Open
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 9th