TBC Classic Feral Druid Tank Phase 3 / 4 Gear and Best in Slot
On this page, you will find the best PvE gear and best in slot items for your Feral Druid Tank from TBC Classic Phases 3 and 4.
Feral Tank Druid Phase 3/4 Best in Slot List
While a clear best in slot list is always available in TBC Classic, the items contained might be extremely hard or expensive to get. Thus, we will try to give at least one alternative for most slots in the list, so that you can pick where and how to farm them.
The list will focus on gathering the best stats for Feral Tank, as described in our guide below. During Black Temple, you may also have need of additional gear devoted to maximizing your Shadow or Fire Resistance stats. Should this be the case, we recommend consulting our guide dedicated to acquiring pieces with this stat as necessary.
Other Feral Tank Druid Best in Slot Lists
If you are starting out as a freshly-leveled Feral Tank Druid, our pre-raid best in slot list is meant to give you an idea of non-raid items you can chase as a solo / pug player in preparation for raids.
To check out our recommended Pre-Raid best in slot gear, head over to its list below. If your character is still progressing through the content of older tiers, then you may wish to consult their best in slot lists instead, but keep in mind these older lists do not include Zul'Aman and new badge gear, both of which are often equivalent or even more powerful than Tier 5 gear!
TBC Tier 6 Feral Tank Druid Tier Set
Feral Tank Druid Tier 6, the Thunderheart Harness, is obtained from the following bosses:
- Helm — Archimonde in Hyjal Summit
- Chest — Illidan Stormrage in Black Temple
- Legs — The Illidari Council in Black Temple
- Shoulders — Mother Shahraz in Black Temple
- Gloves — Azgalor in Hyjal Summit
Its set bonuses are:
- 2 pieces — reduces the energy cost of your Mangle (Cat) ability by 5 and increases the threat generated by your Mangle (Bear) ability by 15%. This is a strong threat increasing bonus which will make it even harder for other players to pull aggro from you.
- 4 pieces — increases the damage dealt by your Rip, Swipe, and Ferocious Bite abilities by 15%. While the effect for pure tanks is small, it is a decent damage increase whenever you can go Cat and also provides more AoE threat with Swipe.
Phase 3/4 Best in Slot Table
Leatherworking is still a good profession for instant drums in later phases and to able to learn how to craft Heart of Darkness gear in Tier 6. Engineering also still provides useful Stamina trinkets, but these can be replaced, making Enchanting stronger. Jewelcrafting also has slightly better gems if you have it.
Finally, it is worth noting that Idol of the Raven Goddess is taken for its group benefit, rather than your personal benefit, as it can grant up to 100 Critical Strike rating across an optimized group which is a huge raid benefit.
Braided Eternium Chain provides a strong party buff, which makes it worth using when trying to maximize raid damage. Make sure to get a new one whenever charges are expended so that you can keep using its secondary effect.
Other Useful TBC Phase 4 Gear for Feral Tank Druids
While the list above contains the absolute best gear setup, you are unlikely to quickly gather all of it. We provide more options below, some which are very close to the best and some which are just much easier to get!
Since weapons are such a broad topic, we have written a full guide about Druid weapons below.
If you have further questions about gemming and enchanting these items, our Feral Tank Druid Enchants and Gems page below provides more information.
- 05 May 2022: Guide moved.
- Changes to Death Knight Character Creation Restrictions Coming
- Free Character Transfers in Wrath Classic: March 3rd
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: March 1st
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 24th
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 21st
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 16th
- Season of Mastery Realms Closing This Week, Transfers Open
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 9th