Restoration Druid Healing Mythic+ Tips — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
In this guide, you will find tips and advice to tackle Mythic+ dungeons with your Restoration Druid in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3.
Restoration Druid in Mythic+
Restoration Druid is one of the better healing specialisations for Mythic+. It has enough throughput to get through almost any healing situation, good crowd control, and the best tank cooldown in the game. The weaknesses include pretty low damage output, especially during heavy healing portions of dungeons, and a lack of healing cooldowns outside of talents. Germination and Flourish in the same tier mean that you are either taking sustained healing throughput loss or have no strong short cooldown.
If you are unfamiliar with Mythic+ and its associated general mechanics, you can read more about it on our dedicated Mythic+ page below.
Restoration Druid Mythic+ Rotation
For more information about the Restoration Druid rotation in Mythic+, refer back to the Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities page.
Restoration Druid Utility
Restoration Druid provides much more to the group than just healing. Due to the nature of dungeon content, you will be expected to do damage, crowd control, and heal all at the same time.
- Typhoon knocks enemies in front of you away in the direction the cast was aimed. Use this to knock enemies away from the tank, yourself, or away from special mob-specific mechanics such as Sanguine pools.
- Soothe dispels all enrage effects from the target. It removes various strong buffs from enemies in dungeons, including Raging.
- Entangling Roots can be used to root patrols. If you apply them to the leading mob in the group, the entire patrol will stop moving. It is useful in tight quarters or to skip certain packs altogether.
- Hibernate puts enemy Beast or Dragonkin to sleep for up to 40 seconds. Any damage will awaken the target. Hibernate works in the same way as Entangling Roots for stopping patrolling packs in dungeons without pulling them. It can also be used to interrupt casts of NPCs without removing DoTs from the target.
- Ursol's Vortex conjures a ground zone for 10 seconds that will slow all enemies affected by 50%. It will also pull them to the center after the first time they attempt to leave the circle. It is an extremely powerful tool for kiting, especially during Necrotic weeks. You can pair Ursol's Vortex with Typhoon to group packs on top of each other for better AoE.
Mythic+ Talents for for Restoration Druids
Below are the suggested talents for Mythic+, these talents are recommended for all groups and keys at the current time.
|15||? Abundance||✗ Prosperity||? Cenarion Ward|
|30||✗ Tiger Dash||? Renewal||? Wild Charge|
|45||✗ Balance Affinity||✓ Feral Affinity||? Guardian Affinity|
|60||? Mighty Bash||? Mass Entanglement||✓ Typhoon|
|75||✗ Soul of the Forest||✓ Cultivation||✗ Incarnation: Tree of Life|
|90||✗ Inner Peace||✗ Stonebark||✓ Spring Blossoms|
|100||✓ Photosynthesis||✗ Germination||✗ Flourish|
The most popular and easiest combination to play is Cenarion Ward or Abundance, Cultivation, Spring Blossoms, and Photosynthesis. The idea behind this build is to keep Lifebloom on the tank most of the time and swap it to yourself during heavy group damage.
Essence Choices for Restoration Druids
- Major: The Formless Void ( Replica of Knowledge).
- 1st minor: Conflict and Strife ( Strife).
- 2nd minor: The Ever-Rising Tide ( The Ever-Rising Tide).
- 3rd minor: Spirit of Preservation ( Spirit of Preservation) or The CrucibleofFlame ( Ancient Flame).
Do not use The Formless Void unless you can copy Focused Azerite Beam. If you still want to contribute to damage, pick The Crucible of Flame ( Concentrated Flame). Otherwise, use either The Ever-Rising Tide ( Overcharge Mana) or Vitality Conduit ( Vitality Conduit). Vitality Conduit is especially strong on Necrotic weeks, since the healing redistribution it provides ignores healing reductions.
Azerite Gear for Restoration Druids for Dungeons
As Azerite gear comes with set traits, we can identify the best Azerite gear for a given item level. Below are the best Azerite gear pieces for dungeons:
- Shoulders of the Sanguine Monstrosity (The Underrot).
- Tortured Fleshbeast Cuirass (Carapace of N'zoth, Ny'alotha).
- Spymaster's Wrap (Atal'Dazar).
- Darkheart Robe (Vexiona, Ny'alotha).
Mythic+ Azerite Traits
- S Tier: the strongest and most generally useful traits; these are always good choices.
- A Tier: these traits are either slightly weaker than the S Tier traits, or only as strong in specific situations, but are still solid choices.
- B Tier: a below-average trait that should be picked only in the absence of an S or A Tier trait.
- C Tier: a weak trait that provides very little healing output or other utility and should be avoided if possible.
- D Tier: the worst of the worst traits, these are virtually useless.
- Grove Tending is an incredible trait for dungeon healing. Extra HoT for Mastery: Harmony is very strong and always needed. You do not need to spec Prosperity for Grove Tending to work.
- Tradewinds provides very high amount of Mastery on proc and will even increase damage of your other group members.
- Incite the Pack also provides high amount of Mastery and will increase damage of your group members on top of that.
- High Noon increases the range of your Sunfire DoT application and significantly increases its damage. Although it obviously provides no healing benefit, the damage increase is very high.
- Heart of Darkness provides a good amount of secondary stats passively.
- Resounding Protection is an all-round strong trait. It is always useful and provides solid throughput.
- Blood Siphon provides a good passive increase to your stats.
- Blightborne Infusion provides a solid proc with decent uptime.
- Blood Rite is another trait that provides a solid proc with decent uptime.
- Lively Spirit is a good trait, especially if you time your Innervate around burst phases.
- Meticulous Scheming is a very strong trait, but requires you to pay attention to a buff you receive in order to activate an extremely strong Haste buff.
- Rampant Growth provides good throughput for any dungeons that have high AoE damage.
- Lifespeed is a very good trait to pick up even just for Haste itself. Avoidance increases your survivability, which makes it invaluable on a lot of dungeon fights.
- Ursoc's Endurance can be useful to avoid dying to certain infrequent one-shot mechanics.
- Synergistic Growth does not provide a good amount of Mastery, but Mastery is extremely strong and burst healing is incredibly strong in dungeons.
- Secrets of the Deep requires you to move around and pick up orbs, but that also allows you some leeway in when you want to activate the buff. It should be easy to pick them up as a Restoration Druid.
- Anduin's Dedication / Sylvanas' Resolve provide decent Intellect proc.
- Swirling Sands is another trait that provides a secondary stat proc. The duration increase part is trivial to fulfill with all the HoTs Restoration Druids have ticking.
- On My Way is a decent trait with passive movement speed increase on top of it.
- First Autumn Leaves can be a decent choice for Germination specs just for 1-second increase on Rejuvenation.
- Bonded Souls might be very tricky to get a good use of in dungeon content because of positional requirements and the random nature of the proc.
- Waking Dream is usually not very good, since passive healing is one of the least useful types of healing for dungeon content. It will be much stronger if you picked Germination, but still not great.
- Bracing Chill and Concentrated Mending both proc healing in one way or another. The healing itself is pretty mediocre.
- Earthlink does not provide enough Intellect to be considered a solid choice.
- Savior has too low of a Health threshold in order to proc and the healing itself is not impressive.
- Impassive Visage provides decent throughput, but in order to do so requires quite steady damage events, which do not happen on all or trash.
- Unstable Catalyst's biggest downside is the requirement to stand still, which is not always feasible, especially in dungeons.
- Blessed Portents does mediocre healing.
- Azerite Veins provides incredible healing once it procs, although it can be unreliable with only 1 proc per minute.
- Early Harvest provides mediocre healing.
- Self Reliance it is generally extremely hard to keep 20-yard distance between yourself and enemies, especially in dungeons with tight corridors.
- Second and third Autumn Leaves traits are terrible in dungeons and provide almost nothing useful.
- The second or third Rampant Growth traits provide very little throughput and should be avoided when possible.
- Ephemeral Recovery provides very little Mana. On top of that, Mana is generally useless in dungeon content.
- Woundbinder procs Haste, but on low uptime and the amount is pretty low.
- Longstrider is probably the worst trait there is. The movement speed increase is laughable for a spec with incredible mobility, as well as having no extra throughput benefits on top.
- 23 Apr. 2020: Updated trait recommendations.
- 15 Jan. 2020: Updated for Patch 8.3.
- 09 Aug. 2019: Updated trait recommendations due to Ever-Rising Tide bug fix.
- 13 Jul. 2019: Updated for Season 3.
- 25 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 15 Apr. 2019: Updated for Crucible of Storms.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Updated for Season 2.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated for Patch 8.1.
- 12 Oct. 2018: Changed talent recommendations.
- 20 Sep. 2018: Updated Azerite trait rankings and talent suggestions.
- 01 Sep. 2018: Updated Azerite trait rankings, added optimal dungeon Azerite pieces.
- 18 Aug. 2018: Added detailed Azerite trait rankings.
- 08 Aug. 2018: Added page.
- Jailer Hound Mounts in Shadowlands
- Original WoW Designer on World Buffs and Their Creation/Purpose
- The Man of a Hundred Armor Sets: the Handclaw Interview
- Naked Paladin One-Shotting the Horde
- Shadowlands Alpha 9.0.1 Build 34490: Class Changes
- Unique Icy Veins Death Knight Armor Set by Handclaw
- Shadowlands Alpha 9.0.1 Build 34490: New Anima Powers
- Shade Beast Mounts in Shadowlands