FORUMS

5 hours ago, L0rinda said:

Thanks for the feedback. The Paladin deck took rather longer to build than I hoped, and I'm glad to see that it works for other people. (That guide is longer than some full deck guides!). About halfway through building it, I realised there might be easier ways to build it, but the solution feels unique, and I wanted to stick with it :) Most of the early versions ended up with too many cards in hand, which made cycling through the deck awkward.

I completed Rogue twice in a row very early on, so I'll take another look at that at some point as I felt that one was quite strong. I'm catching up on some meta decks at the moment, so no promises on timescale though.

Maybe I just drew badly with the Rogue, or was playing it badly.

I was surprised not to see Burgly Bully in the Paladin list. A coin or two make the win condition easier to pull off. But guess giving him a 4/6 hurts a bit too. I liked it as it was though, was fun to play.

Hanz's idea of filling his board with Can't Attack minions is quite cool too.

The stripped-down jade deck from "Guest Le_Goret" seemed to work better for me than the posted deck. I never managed to get plague plus buffs in place before I was almost dead. Took a few restarts, but once I  got an auctioneer in play with innervate in hand, and basically nothing in my deck but idols it felt like I was solidly in control. Sneaky Lich King still made it close with back-to-back blizzards freezing my board full of golems. I think I got up to 17-17 jades and down to  about 6 health before finishing him off.

BTW, when you play Snowflipper Penguin on turn 1, the Lich King says "I ... love him" before still going ahead and nuking the penguin along with your other small minions.

The decks looks good so far, sadly they are all Wild (mostly) I am sure there are a lot of ppl not willing or not even able to craft a lot of old cards especially if they are standard players. Would be nice to see Standard Decks too :)

3 minutes ago, Caldyrvan said:

The decks looks good so far, sadly they are all Wild (mostly) I am sure there are a lot of ppl not willing or not even able to craft a lot of old cards especially if they are standard players. Would be nice to see Standard Decks too :)

Same. I started late to the party and didn't know that I shouldn't break down Legendary cards until I ended up not having Barnes, Kel'Thuzad, and a few others.

• Like 1

I still think the Boss is made to make us pay, besides Druid, I find it pretty much impossible to beat him with a standard deck. Well, maybe if I build one that cost 15k+ dust.

I'm done with Druid, Hunter, and Mage using the decks on the page. Victory in these encounters relied solely on mulligan, so I found myself conceding almost immediately most of the time.

I was surprised not to see Burgly Bully in the Paladin list. A coin or two make the win condition easier to pull off. But guess giving him a 4/6 hurts a bit too. I liked it as it was though, was fun to play.

The problem with Bully is that you never start with coin, and Lich King doesn't play that many spells. I wanted to solve it in a way that was as consistent as possible. It's also 5 Mana, and I was having problem emptying hand.

I had no luck with the Rogue deck, so I used this:

Won on first try. Deck string: AAEBAaIHAuAF474CDsUD4wXQB/gHpwjwD4qtAuWyAp+3Aq28ArLBAp3CArHCAobEAgA=

• Like 1

Guest i_am_alive_

the mage deck just doesn't work. When you finally get lucky and draw the giant, he just obliterates it... Impossible.

Just now, Guest i_am_alive_ said:

the mage deck just doesn't work. When you finally get lucky and draw the giant, he just obliterates it... Impossible.

For that fight, I just restarted until I got 2 giants in my opening hand :p

On 8/25/2017 at 2:38 PM, Guest Le_Goret said:

For druid, i've done easily with  jade idole x2, innervation x2,  wild growth, jade blowsome nourrish x2, Gadgetzan Auctioneer x2.

I've filled the rest of the deck with low cost minions (just to watch them burn by the mighty hand of arthas). 

The strat is easy to apply : just do your jade things^^.

add Fandral Staghelm to get golem and 3 card more in deck and this is win from first try

Guest Kosmoferret

I struggled the most so far with Hunter.  I used the bones of this deck but switched out Sneed's Shredder with Firelord.   I also added Kel'Thuzad.  I don't suggest this build if you don't have Deathstalker Rexxar.  This deck with turn 4 Barnes and turn 6 Rexxar is basically a stomp on the Lich King.  Make sure to keep the board clear so he can't use Bonemare in Phase 3.  That or time your freeze trap well.

https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/lich-king-hunter-deck

If you don't have the important legends for this build, do murlocs.  I got impatient waiting for the right mulligans but I know that deck would work because I got close a few times starting without a 1 drop.  Murlocs is also how I beaten him for most the other characters.

Done with all  9 classes. The Warrior deck does work, but I think Pesty's explanations were not clear enough and she's going to fix them. The most important thing is to play Brawl + Deathlord on Turn 8 and Kel'Thuzad on Turn 9. When Turn 9 starts, playing KT behind a 1-health taunt (Deathlord has 8 health minus 5 from the weapon attack from LK minus 2 from the 2/6) triggers a bug and the LK does nothing at all until you kill the last 2/6 (unless you play another taunt). In the meantime, you need to manipulate your hand as described in the guide.

Finally did it with fatigue warrior, after so many times, all I needed was several changes. I took the original list from Hearthpwn.

Practically, first turns are card draw, Fiery War Axe and Doomsayer for early board control, one Brawl for dealing with souls, except one. Ironforge Portal for giving TLK a weapon target, and some extra armor. Alley Armorsmith for armor. Mountainfire Armor is a really good card, TLK or souls almost always attacks it, so it gives you 11 health technically.

For the final combo, you need 2 copies of Dead Man's Hand, 1 copy of Coldlight Oracle and 1 copy of Iron Hide. You shouldn't have another card, not a single one. Every turn, you go Dead Man's HandColdlight OracleIron Hide, Hero Power, with this order, until you have full board of Coldlight Oracle's. Then, kill the final soul, as it f-doesn't attack your minions at 2 health, follow the same order for several more turns, you should be fine. 

Hearthstone Screenshot 08-27-17 22.19.44.png

Here a list of the deks I used:

• Priest (easier): 
    AAECAZ/HAgScAssI0gqStAIN+wGXAvgC5QTxBYAGyQbRCtMK1wryDPC7AqbOAgA=

Save a Shadow Word: Pain for Maexna. Gameplay:

• Druid: any version of Jade will work, you have 2 diferent aproaches, you can avoid put minions that cost 3 or less mana, or you can put trash, so you can draw your cards with more constency.

• Shaman: 

AAEBAaoIBJMJhBfjuwK2zQIN2wP+A9AH8AenCL8Xt2z6qgL2vQL5vwKRwQKdwgKLzgIA

Save Devolve for phase 2, Gameplay: 

• Warlock: 
    AAEBAf0GHjCKAZMB7QXOBtsG3Aa2B8QIzAj2CPMM+A2ODsIP9Q+tEPAR/RGQFcMWzxaFF9i7AsW8At28Ao/HAufLAvfNApfTAgAA
     Save Corrupting Mist for phase 2 (or can use a Twisting Nether) If you decide to use Corrupting Mist, you need a big body in the field, or a least more that 24hp (and with Reno Jackson in hand ;) ).
    Gameplay: 
  • Warrior:
    AAEBAQcG+wHUBIIOsBXOFvHTAgxLkQOiBJEG/wf7DOUPgq0C0q4CsK8CrLsCzM0CAA==
    This is a tricky one hehehe, you have a BIG combo win condition, you need use Brawl in P2, and then put a Public Defender and Kel'Thuzad, that way you had "infitnit" turns, and play your(s) Scaled Nightmare and wait till you be able to OTK him.
    Gameplay:
  • Rouge: I went for the pirate option:
    AAEBAaIHAsgDkbwCDqgFxgXUBe4G5wfGD/sPmxX5qwKStgL1uwKgvQK5vwKbyAIA
    The spels are to fill up the deck, the only one usefull are the Counterfeit Coin, and only if you can put a 2-drop in the 1st turn.
    After that, is like any other pirate deck, be agressive and try to kill him as fast as you can.
    Gameplay:
  • Hunter: "Molten gigant style" 
    AAEBAR8AD40BqAK1A5cIxQjbCYEK3ArUEemrAritAuq7Ap/CAo7DAtPNAgA=
    You need to be able to play yours Molten Giant in the first or second turn, but they arent your only win condition, bcose you also can play with Scavenging Hyena and/or Vicious Fledgling.
    And the Stitched Tracker is really useful to get extra Molten Giant/Scavenging Hyena/Vicious Fledgling (depending the ocation).
    Gameplay: 
  • Mage: Another "Molten Giant" deck
    AAEBAf0EAA/AAa4DqwTLBO0E7AW8CNwKiQ6MrALXtgLrugKYxALUzgLu0wIA
    In your hand you need to had:
    Variant1: 1x Molten Giant, 1x Kabal Lackey, 1x Duplicate
    Variant2: 2x Molten Giant, 1x Mirror Image
    Variant3: 2x Molten Giant, 1x Breath of Sindragosa
    Variant4: 1x Molten Giant, 1x Kabal Lackey, 1x Ice Block or 1x Ice Barrier

As the Lich King are going to kill your gigants as fast as he can, you need to be able to Duplicate them.
    If you aren't able to kill him before P2, its going to be a little hard (but not imposibe) to win.
  • Paladin: 
    AAEBAZ8FBJYJ6w/pEYW4Ag36Ac4D3APIBPQFzwbdCuIR3hSKrgK7rwKBsALlywIA
    This is a dificult to play out strategy, but it can be done (I did it twice, the second time with my Arthas portrait :P ).

You need to collect Equality, Consecreate and Barnes before the Lich King's turn 7 and not draw Majordomo. Easy right :D

You play Barnes which draws Majordomo just before his Frostmourne turn on 7.

You need to be able to survive a hit from his weapon then on your turn you kill your own Majordomo which gives him one then you play equality consecrate which turns him into Majordomo, removing all his armour and putting him on 8 health.

Then you need to have 8 damage to face still left on the board or an empty board so you can hero power. If you don't have an empty board you can still hero power and hope!

Credits to:

• Thrombin2 (Paladin, Mage)
  • xwirus (Warrior, Rogue, Warlock, Hunter, Shaman, Priest)
  • Like 1

Winning with a Jade-deck is no problem, but I don't see much chances winning with mage. I guess I must look for a faster game and have too many late game cards.

(I don't have Ice Block and I don't have Echo of Medivh neither)

I'll try some other classes next.

Great fight generally speaken, and a great idea to give something special to every class.

42 minutes ago, WedgeAntilles said:

Winning with a Jade-deck is no problem, but I don't see much chances winning with mage. I guess I must look for a faster game and have too many late game cards.

Great fight generally speaken, and a great idea to give something special to every class.

Echo of Medivh really help. I had like 5 Molten Giants on the board by Turn 4, thanks to it and duplicate.

On 26/08/2017 at 9:08 PM, Guest Maive said:

Cant say Im a fan of the warrior deck... the rng is next to impossible to get right for a win condition... You were VERY lucky to win the above scenario. 

Ive played 3-4 hours of this warrior deck, each time missing Kelthuzad on the 7 round, or a deathlord, or a brawl with two of the sets of cards needed buried deep within the last 5 cards. I usually die from the Lich's hero power, but on the odd occasion where I survive long enough, i get the cards I need at the very end of the game, by which time hes amassed a group on the board capable of wiping me. Open to other suggestions deck wise to get the warrior done!

You can try the OTK variant, but it's the same general idea of taking advantage that he plays no cards in P2:

- Before his turn 7, limit damage to your face any way you can and make sure you kill all of his taunts so there's nothing in the way for when you will eventually go for the kill.

- On your turn 8, Brawl so he only deals 7 damage to you each turn. you will take 19 damage in total if you do nothing on your turn 9 so take that into account.

- On your turn 10, drop Gramps and a Public Defender. You are now immune to his 7 damage a turn.

Once you are there, drop a Scaled Nightmare and wait for it to have 160+ attack (you won't be taking any damage unless you go to fatigue, so take a Dead Man's Hand if you have one). Once you're ready, Gramps takes out the last remaining soul and the dragon sucker-punches LK. No need to deal with his remorseless winter/board/... 

Edited by Keizoku

11 hours ago, WedgeAntilles said:

My best advice would be to mulligan for Kabal Lackey and Counterspell on turn one in a Mage deck of your choice and try and play a more normal game.

1 hour ago, Keizoku said:

You can try the OTK variant, but it's the same general idea of taking advantage that he plays no cards in P2:

- Before his turn 7, limit damage to your face any way you can and make sure you kill all of his taunts so there's nothing in the way for when you will eventually go for the kill.

- On your turn 8, Brawl so he only deals 7 damage to you each turn. you will take 19 damage in total if you do nothing on your turn 9 so take that into account.

- On your turn 10, drop Gramps and a Public Defender. You are now immune to his 7 damage a turn.

Once you are there, drop a Scaled Nightmare and wait for it to have 160+ attack (you won't be taking any damage unless you go to fatigue, so take a Dead Man's Hand if you have one). Once you're ready, Gramps takes out the last remaining soul and the dragon sucker-punches LK. No need to deal with his remorseless winter/board/... 

Better then epic Dead Man's Hand, there isn't a common or rare Kharazan card "your hero is immune during your turn"?

• Like 1

Guest tbigfish

I'm clearly missing something for Jade Druid. Best hand is you get a turn 2 wild growth, then turn 3 wildgrowth/jade blossom. Turn 4, you're on 6 mana, so you can either drop your auctioneer, then innovate > Jade Jade, of which one is a shuffle. Then you probably draw the innovate again, so you can jade>jade, one of which is a shuffle. End of turn 4, I have an auctioneer, a 1/1 and a 2/2. They all get killed pretty much every game, then I'm on turn 5 with nothing on my board and I have to recast the Auctioneer, meaning I basically have no mana. 

What am I missing here?

36 minutes ago, Guest tbigfish said:

I'm clearly missing something for Jade Druid. Best hand is you get a turn 2 wild growth, then turn 3 wildgrowth/jade blossom. Turn 4, you're on 6 mana, so you can either drop your auctioneer, then innovate > Jade Jade, of which one is a shuffle. Then you probably draw the innovate again, so you can jade>jade, one of which is a shuffle. End of turn 4, I have an auctioneer, a 1/1 and a 2/2. They all get killed pretty much every game, then I'm on turn 5 with nothing on my board and I have to recast the Auctioneer, meaning I basically have no mana. 

What am I missing here?

I've successfully tested that deck earlier and I think you should really keep your innervate(s) to fuel your first auctioneer on Turn 6 or 7. Auctioneer + Innervate + Innervate and then you have 4 mana to spend on Jade Idol.

I've restarted the game a couple of times until I got at least Wild Growth + Jade Blossom in my opening hand.

Guest josham

i cleared with priest just using shifting shad x2 , onyx bishop x 2 , eternal servitude x2 and at turn 7 is use shadow word horror and then fill the board :)

5 hours ago, Guest tbigfish said:

What am I missing here?

I feel like you're worrying too much about the early game. If you play Spreading Plague on your turn 8, and give it a buff or two, you get plenty of time to catch up. Remember The Lich King doesn't play any cards while he still has Souls on the board, so while he's hacking through your Taunts, you're getting ready to kill the leftovers from Frostmourne, and then you go out of control later on

Guest tbigfish
29 minutes ago, L0rinda said:

I feel like you're worrying too much about the early game. If you play Spreading Plague on your turn 8, and give it a buff or two, you get plenty of time to catch up. Remember The Lich King doesn't play any cards while he still has Souls on the board, so while he's hacking through your Taunts, you're getting ready to kill the leftovers from Frostmourne, and then you go out of control later on

You're talking about the wrong deck. This deck doesn't have spreading plague.