Zadina

New Info on the Rumble Run from BlizzCon

Sign in to follow this  

10 posts in this topic

eTwurnM.jpg

In the Puzzling Dungeons and Bewitching Hunts panel at BlizzCon, the Missions team talked about past solo adventures and shared some details on the upcoming Rumble Run.

Rumble Run is the single-player adventure that will be released nine days after the release of the Rastakhan's Rumble expansion. It will feel a lot like the Dungeon Run and the Monster Hunt.

You start as Rikkar, a young Troll Champion. Then, you will pledge yourself to a Loa and join one of the nine teams (aka classes) of Rastakhan's Rumble. You will be facing a total of eight opponents.

dbd2d1198d54bbd90aa5d289313b9253.jpg

Shrines are a new element introduced in the Rumble Run. These work like the Dungeon Run passives. They are built for specific classes and they are minions on the battlefield. Each class has 3 different unique Shrines, so there is a total of 27 Shrines for all classes.

9iwlbn1.jpg

93c49f15e16e1179360b09b42a61859f.jpg

Shrines don't actually "die". Instead, they go dormant and they revive in 3 turns.

9be9fd824873e325c11d598c08a09d96.jpg

Each team will have their own exclusive selection of prize-fighters, who work similarly to treasures.

Np8HidJ.jpg

Here is the card back you will get once you clear the Rumble Run:

2WA3Ysk.jpg

There will be a series of Tavern Brawls before and after the release of Rastakhan's Rumble so that players get acquainted with the nine teams. One of them was actually available to play as a demo at BlizzCon.

In the beginning of this panel, the Missions team gave a retrospect of all solo-player content on Hearthstone so far. They talked about the pros and cons of previous Adventures and how the team was formed.

Solo-player content on Hearthstone started as linear battles, with the Adventures for Curse of Naxxramas, Blackrock Mountain, League of Explorers and One Night in Karazhan. Knights of the Frozen Throne was the first linear battle mission that was introduced along with a full set.

Then, we had build-as-you-go Missions with Kobolds & Catacombs and The Witchwood. Replayability and deckbuilding on the fly was the focus of these Missions. An idea the team had for the Dungeon Run and the Monster Hunt was players being able to choose the boss they were going to face. This is something they might try to implement in the future. They are also really keen on having some sort of Tower Defense mode on Hearthstone.

The last iteration of the single player content was The Boomsday Project Puzzles. This was a great teaching tool that encouraged multiplayer and they might return to it in the future.

34 minutes ago, Zadina said:

They talked about the pros and cons of previous Adventures

They didn' talk about them, they just lied about them.

I just wanted to go back and check all adventures, see what they brought to meta. You know, the cards which saw play

Naxxramas; AvengeVoidcallerDeath's Bite (this card saw play in any warrior deck), Mad ScientistUndertaker (before nerf), Haunted CreeperLoatheb and Sludge Belcher. There are more cards, but they are mostly niche cards, like Kel'Thuzad

BrM; Quick ShotFlamewaker (this card was totally insane), Twilight WhelpImp Gang BossRevengeBlackwing CorruptorGrim PatronEmperor Thaurissan. Again, there are more cards seeing good amounts of play like Solemn Vigil, but I just wrote the most common ones.

LoE; Forgotten TorchKeeper of UldamanAnyfin Can Happen (the old control buster), Excavated EvilTomb Pillager (best 4-drop rogue even had), Tunnel Trogg (little piece of shit), Dark PeddlerSir Finley MrrggltonBrann BronzebeardReno Jackson, and even Elise Starseeker. Skipped some cards, if you got back to the set, you'll remember most of the cards from a tier 1 or a tier 2 deck.

ONiK; Enchanted RavenCat TrickKindly GrandmotherCloaked Huntress (this was a good set for hunter), Babbling BookMedivh's ValetFirelands Portal (and for mage), SwashburglarPriest of the FeastMaelstrom PortalSpirit ClawsMalchezaar's ImpNetherspite HistorianBarnesThe CuratorMedivh, the Guardian...

Now, these adventures didn't change the meta enough, but TGT did, Gadgetzan did, last expansion did.

I get that you guys are just trying to make more money, but defending it like this. Have some dignity

Can someone delete the second post, I was trying to edit, and instead quoted myself

Edited by FanOfValeera
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, FanOfValeera said:

They didn' talk about them, they just lied about them.

Now, these adventures didn't change the meta enough, but TGT did, Gadgetzan did, last expansion did.

I get that you guys are just trying to make more money, but defending it like this. Have some dignity

Can someone delete the second post, I was trying to edit, and instead quoted myself

I can't make sense of what you mean or want to say, I'm missing something if you mind explaining!

Just now, Slam said:

I can't make sense of what you mean or want to say, I'm missing something if you mind explaining!

https://www.hearthpwn.com/news/6045-rumble-run-new-details-on-upcoming-solo-content

I probably should've shared this link too, sorry.

Here, they say 'The old way of doing solo content, adventures, didn't work out for them due to not having enough cards for a meta.'

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FanOfValeera said:

Excuse me?

My main focus for the article on this panel was writing about the newsworthy part, which was them talking about the Rumble Run.

The first 20 minutes of the panel, where they talked about past adventures - I personally found them boring since they talked about stuff we already knew, we didn't learn something new and they weren't that newsworthy in my opinion.

So I decided to just summarise them in 4 short paragraphs in the end of my article. The panel started with what worked and what didn't work in previous adventures (they had images for that too in their presentation) so I decided to summarise this whole segment (they talked about it for ~3 minutes) in the phrase "pros and cons".

ed29a66b61d6a5d14c111b788aceca99.png

fa1041421f286df42af0ba91468843ee.png

I am sorry if you wanted a more detailed article on what was said during that panel like other sites did. I guess it was part-laziness from my side, but like I said I wanted to focus on the more newsworthy, brand new and fresh information on the Rumble Run.

However, in no way there is any opinion in this article nor am I defending or not defending Blizzard in any way and if you think that, you clearly have a lack of understanding of my text piece and I suggest you read it again more carefully.

Just now, Zadina said:

Excuse me?

My main focus for the article on this panel was writing about the newsworthy part, which was them talking about the Rumble Run.

The first 20 minutes of the panel, where they talked about past adventures - I personally found them boring since they talked about stuff we already knew, we didn't learn something new and they weren't that newsworthy in my opinion.

So I decided to just summarise them in 4 short paragraphs in the end of my article. The panel started with what worked and what didn't work in previous adventures (they had images for that too in their presentation) so I decided to summarise this whole segment (they talked about it for ~3 minutes) in the phrase "pros and cons".

ed29a66b61d6a5d14c111b788aceca99.png

fa1041421f286df42af0ba91468843ee.png

I am sorry if you wanted a more detailed article on what was said during that panel like other sites did. I guess it was part-laziness from my side, but like I said I wanted to focus on the more newsworthy, brand new and fresh information on the Rumble Run.

However, in no way there is any opinion in this article nor am I defending or not defending Blizzard in any way and if you think that, you clearly have a lack of understanding of my text piece and I suggest you read it again more carefully.

'You' as in Blizzard devs, I didn't mean to accuse you of anything. 

I really need to improve my explaining skills though.

Edited by FanOfValeera

I agree with FanofValeera, there was more meta cards in just one adventures then in some expansion, just there weren't the fillers and almost everybody had every cards in that set.

And nothing is keeping them to release adventures with more cards, if that was the problem.

@FanOfValeera

Oh, I am so sorry then, I am slightly cranky these days 😕 I thought you were refering to me because you quoted me. I get now that you were being ironic and I agree with your point!

Sorry again! 🙂

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FanOfValeera said:

https://www.hearthpwn.com/news/6045-rumble-run-new-details-on-upcoming-solo-content

I probably should've shared this link too, sorry.

Here, they say 'The old way of doing solo content, adventures, didn't work out for them due to not having enough cards for a meta.'

I agree with you. This claim is a joke.

I like the new solo-content - but it has become more and more difficult and expensive to keep up.

The old adventures cost 2800 gold (for 4 wings). 2 adventures were 5600 gold. And you got a good set of cards with several very important and meta-defining cards.

In addition there were 1-2 expansions / year. 

The total number of cards you lacked were high of course, but not too bad - the 100% coverage for 5600 gold helped a lot.

Today we get 3 expansions. If i buy 56 packs for one expansion (=5600 gold) I get maybe 2 legendaries. Out of what, 25? 

Then there is a free legendary, a few free packs, let's say I have 5 legendaries. 

-> I am lacking a huge part of the existing cards.

Keeping up and having a good percentage of all cards has become incredible more expensive.

The old adventures worked perfectly fine. They can just make more money with more expansions instead of adventures.

Personally I do not really care much about the cost. I probably even save money. Cardpacks are that expensive that I will never buy one. I am not even tempted. But 10-15 bucks for an adventure? Why not, that was a reasonable price.

For an expansion I need to pay 50 bucks (more like 100-200) to have a difference in my card collection. 50 - 200 bucks for one expansion? 3 times a year = 150 - 600? And with 150 I am still miles away from owning just half of the cards! Well, like I said, I am not even tempted to buy some. 

On 11/5/2018 at 12:09 PM, WedgeAntilles said:

I like the new solo-content - but it has become more and more difficult and expensive to keep up.

I get that a full expansion costs more to complete than an old adventure, but in terms of keeping up, how much of an expansion do you really need? Many of the high tier decks in the current meta use barely any cards from the most recent expansion.

Personally a bit bored by the lack of impact from the last two expansions so just slowly grinding out my final golden heroes. Currently doing fine (reaching legend pretty easy) with a murloc paladin deck that runs nothing from the last two expansions, except one mossy horror that I could probably remove now that giggling inventors (previously by far the most played card from the last expansion) have gone.