FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

All Diablo 3 Season 24 Guides (Patch 2.7.1)

6jBYfAW.jpg

The new season starts today at 5 PM PST/CET/KST, and we have the guides ready. The season and patch add some extremely powerful and very wanted ethereal items to chase, so there should be quite a bit of variety present. Also, in case you weren't aware, the Emanate system and follower revamp that was featured in the last season is now a PERMANENT addition to the game, so basically all seasons from now on will also have the Season 23 follower benefits.

Necromancer had the biggest shakeup in terms of build rankings, You can also check out our other handy season-related guides here .

r7j671I.jpg

Barbarian:

Leveling and Fresh 70 Guide

crus.jpg

Crusader:

DH.jpg

Demon Hunter:

Monk.jpg

Monk:

Necro.jpg

Necromancer:

WD.jpg

Witch Doctor:

Wizard.jpg

Wizard:

We hope you have fun in the new season, and you can check out the full patch notes here.

• Like 1

Looking very good for Monk this Season. Plus, Bartuc's Cut-Throat has the best flavor text ever! 👊

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      While we've already covered the actual way to farm maximum level ethereals, there's a new and better method for getting low level ones to complete the Feat of Strength achievement that will allow you to use the items' transmog in later seasons/the main game after Season 24!
      The low-level snapshotting method has also been covered before, but there's a newer wrinkle on it which should result in players getting the items faster and being able to do it much easier solo. Now while this method is fast in execution, it will still take a lot of prep time, as you will still need a LOT of Puzzle Rings and a Gem of Ease, but both of those you can relatively easily get through regular play and without wasting too much time on separate farming. The snapshotting method mentioned in our guides could be a better option for you if you lack a lot of rings and have access to other players to farm, so you can check that one out here.
      If you do have a lot of Puzzle Rings or are a solo player, you need a new character, but now you only need to level them to lvl 7. Have a max level weapon ready for them with the Gem of Ease and the Illusory Boots power in Kanai's Cube. You then place a Puzzle Ring in the cube and open a portal to Greed's Realm, where you will sprint past everything until you get to the boss itself and just kill him (you can do this on Normal difficulty as well). He drops 2 legendaries and doesn't give you too much XP, and with the small loot pool an ethereal is very likely. It's might take a while to get the exact 3 ethereals you need for that class, as after the first one you can see repeats, but as long as you have those Puzzle Rings it won't be a problem. Even if you overlevel the general 12-ish optimal zone you can very quickly get a new character up to level 7 with the Gem of Ease, and if you really want to get the most out of your Puzzle Rings because you don't have a giant supply, you can also just clear the entire Greed Vault instead and then level a new character when he passes the level 12 mark (or maybe even level 10 to be safe).
      Here's the original source:

• By Starym
      Here's a tip/reminder that seemed pretty popular a while ago so I thought it might help some players in this new season as well (but most will probably know about it already). Since white items/Reusable Parts aren't really a part of the endgame activities, you'd usually need to head to some weapon and armor racks to get them when needed, but there's a much easier way, although it will cost you some blue and yellow mats (which you should have plenty of).
      There are two Kanai's Cube recipes for changing blue and yellow mats into white ones, and you can actually just buy the white items required for the recipes from vendors (since you can't dismantle the vendor items) to complete the transmute! And that's pretty much it, if you have an excess of Arcane Dust and Veiled Crystals (which you will because of the few white items that drop in high level gameplay and the upgrade rare recipe takes the same amount of all three mats) you can get as many Reusable Parts as you need! Not exactly a secret/high-level tip but definitely a useful heads up that you can substitute gold for the mat conversion requirement in the Kanai's Cube recipe.
      Alternatively, if you don't have or just don't want to spend your blue or yellow mats, well, it's either off to the weapon racks of Halls of Agony or, more likely, to the Fields of Eternity armor racks for you (or just do a few bounties)! Also, in case you weren't wondering why you'd need the white mats to begin with, it's mostly for the "Hope of Cain" Kanai's Cube recipe used for upgrading of rares into legendaries.
    • By Starym
      Another interesting/weird one today: apparently salvaging the new powerful level 70 ethereal items will get you some unexpected and not quite logical results! But at least we do find out the essence of what makes these sought-after items so mighty.
      As spotted by _gankedd, while you will receive a lot of high-end mats, there's also some that we're not quite sure how they got in there:

Source.
      So there you have it. Ethereal items are made from Greater Rift Keys. Mystery solved?
    • By Starym
      In the "how have I been playing the game for so long and not have known this" category: did you know there's a way to find out if a legendary power is already in your cube just by LOOKING AT the legendary in your inventory?? Yes? Then why didn't you all tell me?!
      Ok, back to serious mode, I felt really quite dumb today when I noticed Mihoteo's post about being able to see if a legendary was already cubed directly from your inventory, as I have been cubing stuff I've already cubed for YEARS now. I can't say I'm sure when this feature was introduced, as some claim it's been there since the cube itself (I highly doubt that), but it's extremely handy in any case.
      It's as simple as can be: basically there's a diamond-like icon next to the legendary ability text and if it's filled in (very visible difference) you have it and if it's empty you do not:

You do not have the item in the cube in the above picture.

You do have the item in the cube in the above picture. (Source)

So, I'm going to try real hard to not think of the literal HOURS of my life I've wasted trying to cube already cubed items and you can (and please do) laugh at me in the comments and say how you've known this since 2015.
    • By Starym
      Here's a quick one for those of you leveling Monks in Season 24, we see a crazy fast way to get to level 70!
      First off we have Wudjio explaining the The Crudest Boots leveling strategy. Basically you need the new and improved boots (which you can gamble for with the Weekly Challenge rift shards at low levels, with a very high chance for it as there's only 2 legendaries possible at level 1), you need to get to level 22 for Mystic Ally (and 27 for the Water Ally to be optimal)... and that's it! The rest of the leveling guide tips then work in addition to it, but the basics are just boots and go - you can pretty much solo Torment 6 with just the boots and basic gear!
      And here's a full leveling run with them as well:
      Now if you'll excuse me, it's time for me to level a monk.