Monk Tempest Rush Build with Sunwuko
Welcome to our build guide for SWK Tempest Rush Monk in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.7 and Season 19.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
The third skill to be imbued by the Sunwuko set bonuses, Tempest Rush offers a fun and under-appreciated playstyle for Monks. This fluid combat playstyle that alternates periods of sustain damage with carefully calculated bursts is geared towards Greater Rift solo progression. We also have a speed farming variation, which you can access using the link below.
The basic skill setup of the Sunwuko Tempest Rush Monk is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Tempest Rush Flurry Sweeping Wind Inner Storm 1 Blinding Flash Faith in the Light 2 Epiphany Desert Shroud 3 Mantra of Salvation Agility 4 Cyclone Strike Soothing Breeze|
The required gear setup for the Sunwuko Tempest Rush Monk is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Sunwuko's Crown
- Shoulders: Sunwuko's Balance
- Gloves: Sunwuko's Paws
- Chest: Sunwuko's Soul
- Belt: Captain Crimson's Silk Girdle
- Pants: Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan
- Boots: Captain Crimson's Waders
- Bracers: Cesar's Memento
- Amulet: Sunwuko's Shines
- Ring 1: Convention of Elements
- Ring 2: Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac
- Weapon 1: Vengeful Wind
- Offhand: Won Khim Lau
- 21 Nov. 2019 (skills page): Skills revised to include Cyclone Strike and better reflect the Tempest Rush changes and additions. Updated for Season 19.
- 21 Nov. 2019 (this page): Significant itemization and skill changes to reflect the legendary item revisions in Patch 2.6.7. Guide updated for Season 19.
- 21 Nov. 2019 (gear page): Added Cpt. Crimson set as part of the setup, significant changes to overall itemization. Updated for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (gear page): Reviewed for Season 18.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 18.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (skills page): Reviewed for Season 18.
- 16 May 2019 (skills page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 16 May 2019 (gear page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 16 May 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 23 Mar. 2018 (this page): Added the guide.
- 23 Mar. 2018 (gear page): Added the guide.
- 23 Mar. 2018 (skills page): Added the guide.
- Diablo 4 GamesRadar Hands On - Death Kits, Difficulty and More
- Path of Diablo (2) Season 9 Brings a New Skill, Widescreen Support, Trade 2.0 and More
- Crusader Solo GR 150, 12 Mins with Great Commentary
- Season 20 PTR and Balance Blog Timing + All Diablo 3 Season Durations
- Diablo 4 Vs. 3 Vs. 2 Graphics and Art Style Comparisons
- Warcraft 3: Reforged and StarCraft 2 Join the ESL
- Quarterly Updates on Diablo IV in 2020
- Old Diablo 3 Forums Shutting Down Today
- Impale Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)
- Fever Clan recruiting for Season
- (Seasonal)StoneClan is recruiting casual D3 players for seasonal play
- Rend Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- LoN Corpse Lance Necromancer (Patch 2.6.5)
- LoN Singularity Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- Demon Hunter The Thrill Conquest
- Efficient Regular Rifts Guide