Wizard Frost Hydra Build With Typhon
Welcome to our build guide for Typhon Frost Hydra Wizard in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.10 and Season 22.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
Leaning into the summoner Wizard fantasy, the Typhon Hydra build relies on a combination of channelled amplification and pet empowerment to fuel a simple, yet very flashy and capable playstyle with The Typhon's Veil set. This steadily paced, sustain damage build is meant for Greater Rift solo progression.
The basic skill setup of the Typhon Hydra Wizard is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Spectral Blade Barrier Blades Arcane Torrent Flame Ward 1 Teleport Safe Passage 2 Blizzard Unrelenting Storm 3 Hydra Frost Hydra 4 Storm Armor Shocking Aspect|
The required gear setup for the Typhon Hydra Wizard is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Typhon's Frons
- Shoulders: Typhon's Tibia
- Chest: Typhon's Thorax
- Bracers: Ashnagarr's Blood Bracer
- Gloves: Tasker and Theo
- Belt: The Shame of Delsere
- Pants: Typhon's Abdomen
- Boots: Typhon's Tarsus
- Amulet: Squirt's Necklace
- Ring 1: Halo of Karini
- Ring 2: Convention of Elements
- Weapon: Serpent's Sparker
- Offhand: Winter Flurry
- Weapon Slot: Fragment of Destiny
- Armor Slot: The Magistrate
- Jewelry Slot: Ring of Royal Grandeur
- 4th Slot (Season 22): Deathwish
- 20 Nov. 2020 (this page): Revision of item, skill and passive recommendations, alongside advice for Season 22 changes.
- 20 Nov. 2020 (skills page): Revision of item, skill and passive recommendations, alongside advice for Season 22 changes.
- 20 Nov. 2020 (gear page): Revision of item, skill and passive recommendations, alongside advice for Season 22 changes.
- 01 Jul. 2020 (gear page): No changes required for Season 21.
- 01 Jul. 2020 (this page): No changes required for Season 21.
- 01 Jul. 2020 (skills page): No changes required for Season 21.
- 10 Mar. 2020 (this page): Guide added.
- 10 Mar. 2020 (skills page): Guide added.
- 10 Mar. 2020 (gear page): Guide added.
- A Call to Strike on Blizzard France Employees on Shadowlands Launch Day
- Which Class to Play in Diablo 3 Season 22? Solo, Group, and Speedfarm Rankings
- All Diablo 3 Season 22 Guides (Patch 2.6.10)
- Diablo 3 Season 22 Start Time
- Diablo 3 Cinematics Upscaled to 8K, 48 FPS
- Patch 2.6.10 Is Live
- Blizzard Selling Face Masks on Gear Store
- Official Preview of Season 22 in Diablo 3
- Masquerade Bone Spear Necromancer
- Mundunugu Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor
- Witch Doctor Jade Set Dungeon
- Wizard Frozen Orb Build With LoD
- PoJ Tempest Rush Monk
- Frenzy HotNS Barbarian
- Demon Hunter Embodiment of the Marauder Set Dungeon
- Monk Raiment of a Thousand Storms Set Dungeon