Necromancer Rathma Army of the Dead Build
The Bones of Rathma set sees a complete reimagining in Patch 2.7, one that transforms it into a Revive- and Army of the Dead-centric set that uses the power of his necromantic posse to reset an otherwise humongous cooldown, and turn it into a steady stream of nukes that envelop and control the battlefield. This guide will cover all of its available playstyles. The base one presented on this page is the Greater Rift Solo Pushing Variation, but this build also has a Nephalem Rift Farming Variation, a Greater Rift Speed Farming Variation and an alternate Greater Rift Solo Pushing Variation focusing on Physical damage.
The basic skill setup of the Rathma Army of the Dead Necromancer is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Grim Scythe Cursed Scythe Command Skeletons Frenzy 1 Bone Armor Dislocation 2 Army of the Dead Blighted Grasp 3 Blood Rush Potency 4 Revive Horrific Return|
The required gear setup for the Rathma Army of the Dead Necromancer is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on the required stat rolls on gear, itemization alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Head: Rathma's Skull Helm
- Shoulders: Rathma's Spikes
- Torso: Rathma's Ribcage Plate
- Wrists: Bonds of C'Lena
- Hands: Rathma's Macabre Vambraces
- Waist: Captain Crimson's Silk Girdle
- Legs: Captain Crimson's Thrust
- Feet: Rathma's Ossified Sabatons
- Amulet: Squirt's Necklace
- Ring #1: Krysbin's Sentence
- Ring #2: Convention of Elements
- Weapon: Jesseth Skullscythe
- Offhand: Jesseth Skullshield
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Gogok of Swiftness
- Legendary Gem 3: Zei's Stone of Vengeance
Soul Shards (Season 25 Specific)
- Helm: Sliver of Terror with Crit Chance/Attack Speed increase
- Weapon: Essence of Anguish with 50% Poison damage increase
Check details on the specific rolls of the Soul Shards required for this build in the Gear page of this guide. Read more about Season 25 in our dedicated Season 25 Compendium, and about Soul Shards specifically our Soul Shard Mechanics Guide.
- 08 Dec. 2021 (this page): Added Season 25 Soul Shard recommendations.
- 08 Dec. 2021 (skills page): No changes required for Season 25.
- 08 Dec. 2021 (gear page): Added Season 25 Soul Shard recommendations.
- 22 Jul. 2021 (gear page): Added S24 Ethereal recommendation.
- 22 Jul. 2021 (this page): Added S24 Ethereal recommendation.
- 22 Jul. 2021 (skills page): No changes required for Season 24.
- 29 Mar. 2021 (this page): Guide added.
- 29 Mar. 2021 (skills page): Guide added.
- 29 Mar. 2021 (gear page): Guide added.
- The Darkening of Tristram Returns January 3rd
- Diablo 4 Quarterly Update, December 2021: +Skill Ranks Affixes, Legendary Affix Transfers, Paragon Talents, Visual Effects
- World First Hardcore Greater Rift 150 Solo Clear in Season 25
- Season 25 Demon Hunter Hotfix Now Live
- Big Blizzard Store Holiday Sale: D2R, Character Services, Shadowlands, Pets, Mounts and More
- Which Class to Play in Season 25?
- Diablo 4 Quarterly Update Coming in Late December
- All Diablo 3 Season 25 Guides (Patch 2.7.2)