Wizard Mammoth Hydra Build With LoD
Welcome to our build guide for LoD Mammoth Hydra Wizard in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for Patch 2.7.1 and Season 24.
The ancient item-driven counterpart to the Typhon's Veil playstyle, this fiery reconstruction of the Hydra build takes advantage of the Legacy of Dreams versatility and a slew of synergystic legendaries to create a tough and adaptable summoner spec. This steadily paced, sustain damage build is meant for Greater Rift solo progression.
The basic skill setup of the LoD Hydra Wizard is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Spectral Blade Barrier Blades Black Hole Spellsteal 1 Teleport Safe Passage 2 Blizzard Unrelenting Storm 3 Hydra Mammoth Hydra 4 Storm Armor Shocking Aspect|
The required gear setup for the LoD Hydra Wizard is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: The Magistrate
- Shoulders: Pauldrons of the Skeleton King
- Chest: Aquila Cuirass
- Bracers: Ashnagarr's Blood Bracer
- Gloves: Tasker and Theo
- Belt: The Shame of Delsere
- Pants: Blackthorne's Jousting Mail
- Boots: Ice Climbers
- Amulet: Squirt's Necklace
- Ring 1: Unity
- Ring 2: Convention of Elements
- Weapon (S24): Wizardspike
- Offhand: Winter Flurry
- Weapon (Off-Season): Serpent's Sparker
- 22 Jul. 2021 (this page): Added S24 Ethereal recommendation.
- 22 Jul. 2021 (skills page): No changes required for Season 24.
- 22 Jul. 2021 (gear page): Added S24 Ethereal recommendation.
- 02 Apr. 2021 (this page): Revised skill and item recommendations, added follower advice.
- 02 Apr. 2021 (gear page): Revised item recommendations, added follower advice.
- 02 Apr. 2021 (skills page): Revised skill and passive recommendations.
- 20 Nov. 2020 (gear page): Revision of item recommendations, alongside advice for Season 22 changes.
- 20 Nov. 2020 (this page): Revision of item, skill and passive recommendations, alongside advice for Season 22 changes.
- 20 Nov. 2020 (skills page): Revision of skill and passive recommendations according to Season 22 changes.
- 01 Jul. 2020 (gear page): No changes required for Season 21.
- 01 Jul. 2020 (this page): No changes required for Season 21.
- 01 Jul. 2020 (skills page): No changes required for Season 21.
- 11 Mar. 2020 (this page): Guide added.
- 11 Mar. 2020 (gear page): Guide added.
- 11 Mar. 2020 (skills page): Guide added.
- Activision Blizzard Has Fired 20 Employees Over Harassment Claims and More
- Blizzard Working on an Unannounced Open-World RPG Shooter
- Wyatt Cheng on Lessons Learned During Diablo 3 Development
- Diablo 4's New Game Director is Joe Shelly
- Diablo 4 Quarterly Update: October 2021
- Global Battle.net Maintenance: October 6th
- Activision Blizzard Reaches Agreement with the EEOC
- In Celebration Of Diablo 2: Resurrected, We're Discounting Our Premium Subscription