Witch Doctor Jade Harvester Build With Soul Harvest
Dedicated to the hex-casting rather than summoning Witch Doctor fantasy, Raiment of the Jade Harvester is one of the signature playstyles of the class. This bursty, melee range spellcaster playstyle is available in both solo progression (the present guide) and speed farming (see link above) variations.
The basic skill setup of the Jade Harvester Witch Doctor is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Haunt Poisoned Spirit Locust Swarm Cloud of Insects 1 Soul Harvest Languish 2 Spirit Walk Jaunt 3 Piranhas Piranhado 4 Horrify Frightening Aspect|
- Helm: Jade Harvester's Wisdom
- Shoulders: Jade Harvester's Joy
- Gloves: Jade Harvester's Mercy
- Chest: Jade Harvester's Peace
- Belt: Captain Crimson's Silk Girdle
- Pants: Captain Crimson's Thrust
- Boots: Jade Harvester's Swiftness
- Bracers: Lakumba's Ornament
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Ring of Emptiness
- Weapon: Sacred Harvester
- Offhand: Vile Hive
Angelic Crucible Sanctification
Season 27 comes with the theme of Angelic Crucibles — consumable items that empower Legendary items with perfected Ancient-level stats, as well as infuse them with one of three unique, powerful, class-specific abilities at random. For this build, we recommend aiming for the Haunt Sanctification, which adds the following power to your build:
- Haunt Sanctification: Enemies affected by Locust Swarm are also Haunted. When you cast Piranhas, all Haunted enemies within 60 yards are pulled into the pool. A lesser enemy stunned by Bogadile is instantly killed. Elites and Bosses stunned by Bogadile take massive damage.
Use Angelic Crucibles on an item that crosses over most (if not all) variants of a build, and is also an item that is relatively harder to perfect than other slots (since sanctifying an item maximizes its stats). In the case of this build, good candidates for Sanctification are the Sacred Harvester, Shukrani's Triumph, and Ring of Emptiness.
You can read more on Angelic Crucibles and the sanctification process in our dedicated Angelic Crucible Mechanics guide.
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Gogok of Swiftness
- Legendary Gem 3: Bane of the Stricken
How to get this build going?
In this section, we will briefly go over how to kickstart this build into reality; which items you should aim for with priority when farming and gambling, and what is their relative priority for the functioning of this spec. Note that these suggestions are exclusively aimed at getting you up and running into endgame farming, and might not reflect the gear you need to wear for high-end Greater Rift solo or group pushing. This section also assumes a fresh Season's start, which usually is the point where most players work on assembling their first build with a particular set.
If the Jade Harvester set is part of the Haedrig's Gift for the Season, your simplest and most straightforward path to assembling the build is to complete the Seasonal Journey chapters up to Chapter IV. The Seasonal Journey chapters will gradually give you a complete class-specific set, giving 2-3 pieces for Chapters II, III and IV.
From the pre-game menu, choose and do this week's Challenge Rift. When successfully completed, this weekly event will grant you 5,1 million Gold, 475 Blood Shards, 370 Reusable Parts, 350 Arcane Dust, 125 Veiled Crystals, 35 Death's Breaths, and 15 of each Bounty cache material: Khanduran Rune, Caldeum Nightshade, Arreat War Tapestry, Corrupted Angel Flesh, and Westmarch Holy Water. This will allow you some early Seasonal leeway to extract and reforge items in Kanai's Cube, speeding up the assembly of this build with the items recommended below.
Having some materials at your disposal, either from farming or the Challenge Rift, is particularly important when you get duplicate pieces of your desired set. When you do, you can use Kanai's Cube Skill of Nilfur recipe (10x Forgotten Souls, 10x Death's Breaths, 1x Set item) to convert into another item from the same set. You should never salvage duplicate pieces of a desired set before you have it assembled.
In order to assemble a Jade Harvester Witch Doctor, you should do the following.
- Gather the full 6-piece Jade Harvester set using the advice above, or by spending Blood Shards at Kadala. In order of gamble chance, you should spend for: Shoulders, Boots, Pants, Gloves, Chest, and Helm. A trick you can also use is to gamble for duplicate pieces with an easier gamble chance (i.e., Shoulders) and convert them into another piece from the same set using the Skill of Nilfur recipe in Kanai's Cube.
- Gamble or upgrade rare (Hope of Cain recipe in Kanai's Cube) Bracers for Lakumba's Ornament, a massive source of damage reduction and a staple for almost all Witch Doctors and types of gameplay. Gambling/upgrading rares in the Bracer slot can also net you other valuable pieces like Nemesis Bracers or Warzechian Armguards.
- Gamble helmets or upgrade rare Witch Doctor Voodoo Masks for Quetzalcoatl. This is a build-defining legendary item that practically doubles your damage output by halving the duration, but not the damage dealt, of your DoTs.
- Gamble or upgrade rare Witch Doctor Mojos for Shukrani's Triumph and/or Vile Hive. Both off-hands will bring some form of damage multiplication; Shukrani's Triumph increases mobility and multiplies your damage, while Vile Hive adds survivability and boosts your Locust Swarm DoT.
- Craft lvl 70 Ceremonial Knives at the Blacksmith and use the "upgrade rare" recipe to obtain Sacred Harvester, a cornerstone legendary weapon for most Witch Doctor builds (this one included), with a vital interaction with Lakumba's Ornament. Gambling is also possible, but undesirable due to the high Blood Shard costs of weapons.
- Do Act I bounties to attain the act-specific Ring of Royal Grandeur from Bounty caches. This will be helpful either in completing the basic set bonus, or mixing other helpful sets in (Cpt. Crimson) as described in the Gear page. Bounties will net you the craftable set recipes to begin with, so you will be killing two birds with one stone. Bounties will also net you Avarice Band (Act III), another farming-oriented staple for most builds and classes, this one included.
- While largely undesirable due to high costs, gambling or upgrading rare Jewelry is also possible; Ring of Emptiness, Convention of Elements, and Squirt's Necklace will all bring massive damage bumps to the build, with other standout pieces that can also substitute or be temporarily helpful in the face of Unity, or Oculus Ring and The Flavor of Time for your Follower.
- 26 Aug. 2022 (skills page): Skills and passives reviewed for Season 27.
- 26 Aug. 2022 (gear page): Added Season 27 Angelic Crucible recommendations.
- 26 Aug. 2022 (this page): Added Season 27 Angelic Crucible recommendations.
- 14 Apr. 2022 (skills page): Guide reviewed for Season 26.
- 14 Apr. 2022 (gear page): Guide reviewed for Season 26.
- 14 Apr. 2022 (this page): Guide reviewed for Season 26.
- 06 Dec. 2021 (this page): Added build assembly advice.
- 06 Dec. 2021 (gear page): Enriched the guide and added Season 25 Soul Shard recommendations.
- 06 Dec. 2021 (skills page): Revised skill and passive recommendations.
- 23 Nov. 2021 (this page): Enriched the guide and added Season 25 Soul Shard recommendations.
- 22 Jul. 2021 (skills page): No changes required for Season 24.
- 22 Jul. 2021 (this page): Added S24 Ethereal recommendation.
- 22 Jul. 2021 (gear page): Added S24 Ethereal recommendation.
- 01 Apr. 2021 (this page): Added follower recommendation.
- 01 Apr. 2021 (gear page): Added follower recommendation.
- 01 Apr. 2021 (skills page): No changes required for Season 23.
- 19 Nov. 2020 (gear page): Added Cube recommendations for Season 22.
- 19 Nov. 2020 (skills page): No changes required for Season 22.
- 19 Nov. 2020 (this page): Added Cube recommendations for Season 22.
- 01 Jul. 2020 (skills page): No changes required for Season 21.
- 01 Jul. 2020 (this page): No changes required for Season 21.
- 01 Jul. 2020 (gear page): No changes required for Season 21.
- 12 Mar. 2020 (skills page): No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 12 Mar. 2020 (gear page): No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 12 Mar. 2020 (this page): No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 22 Nov. 2019 (skills page): Reviewed for Season 19.
- 22 Nov. 2019 (gear page): Reviewed for Season 19.
- 22 Nov. 2019 (this page): Reviewed for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (this page): Item recommendations have been revised for Season 18.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (skills page): Skills have been reviewed and approved for Season 18.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (gear page): Item recommendations have been revised for Season 18.
- 17 May 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 17 May 2019 (skills page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 17 May 2019 (gear page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 27 Oct. 2017 (this page): No changes necessary for Patch 2.6.1.
- 29 Jun. 2017 (this page): Updated for 2.6 and moved to new format.
- The Forgotten Nightmares Diablo Immortal Update
- Diablo 4 Closed End Game Beta Draws Near
- Activision Blizzard Games Coming to Game Pass After Microsoft Acquisition
- Diablo Immortal Content Update: Season 4 Battle Pass, New Raid Bosses and Events
- Best Guides for Diablo 3 Season 27
- Diablo 3 Patch 2.7.4 Now Live
- Will Diablo 4 Pre-Orders & Release Date Be Announced at The Game Awards on December 8th?
- Diablo 4 Quarterly Update: August 2022