Necromancer Poison Scythe Build With LoD
Welcome to our build guide for LoD Poison Scythe Necromancer in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.10 and Season 22.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
Emerging from a combination of the Season 21 changes to the build-defining Haunted Visions amulet, the adaptability of the Legacy of Dreams bonus, and the plethora of Poison-themed skills at the Necromancer's disposal, this Necromancer build offers a simple-yet-deadly playstyle that reaps enemies without a thought for cooldowns. This build functions both for a solo progression and group play as the Trash Killer in the group.
The basic skill setup of the LoD Poison Scythe Necromancer is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Grim Scythe Cursed Scythe Skeletal Mage Contamination 1 Simulacrum Blood and Bone 2 Bone Spear Blighted Marrow 3 Siphon Blood Power Shift 4 Bone Armor Dislocation|
Season 22 Modification
Due to the 4th Kanai's Cube slot in Season 22 and the ability to include an extra damage multiplier in the form of Reilena's Shadowhook, you will focus on expanding your Essence reserve alongside the usual recommendations for this build. Skill-wise, this means changing the base recommendation for the passive Eternal Torment for Overwhelming Essence.
The required gear setup for the LoD Poison Scythe Necromancer is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Andariel's Visage
- Shoulders: Razeth's Volition
- Gloves: Stone Gauntlets
- Chest: Aquila Cuirass
- Belt: Dayntee's Binding
- Pants: Depth Diggers
- Boots: Ice Climbers
- Bracers: Nemesis Bracers
- Amulet: The Flavor of Time
- Ring 1: Krysbin's Sentence
- Ring 2: Convention of Elements
- Weapon: Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang
- Offhand: Leger's Disdain
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Stricken
- Legendary Gem 2: Simplicity's Strength
- Legendary Gem 3: Legacy of Dreams
- Weapon Slot: Nayr's Black Death
- Armor Slot: Illusory Boots
- Jewelry Slot: Haunted Visions
- 4th Slot (Season 22): Reilena's Shadowhook
- 19 Nov. 2020 (gear page): Added S22 Cube recommendation.
- 19 Nov. 2020 (trash killer page): Added S22 Cube recommendation.
- 19 Nov. 2020 (skills page): Passives changed to accommodate S22-specific changes.
- 19 Nov. 2020 (this page): Added S22 Cube recommendation.
- 02 Jul. 2020 (gear page): Overhauled the guide into a Poison Scythe version.
- 02 Jul. 2020 (skills page): Overhauled the guide into a Poison Scythe version.
- 02 Jul. 2020 (this page): Overhauled the guide into a Poison Scythe version.
- 02 Jul. 2020 (trash killer page): Guide added.
- 10 Mar. 2020 (skills page): Guide added.
- 10 Mar. 2020 (this page): Guide added.
- 10 Mar. 2020 (gear page): Guide added.
- The New Battle.net Is Almost Here, Going Live in NA
- The Darkening of Tristram Returns January 3
- All Diablo 2 and Lord of Destruction Cinematics in 8K and 60 FPS
- Diablo Immortal Alpha Gameplay and a Detailed Review/Look at the Systems
- Merry Christmas from the Icy Veins Team!
- Blizzard Sending Out New Surveys About "Classic" Version of The Burning Crusade
- Activision Blizzard's Stock Reached All-Time Highs
- Diablo Immortal's Monetization Model Revealed