Barbarian Rend Build with Wrath of the Wastes
Welcome to our build guide for Rend Wastes Barbarian in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.7 and Season 19.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
This mobile, DoT-based Barbarian build utilizes the Wrath of the Wastes set for its Rend-empowering aspects, and adds a slew of synergistic legendary items into a single, adaptable and very lethal package. The build is designed with Greater Rift solo progression in mind. For more information about how this build performs on the ladder, please refer to our Solo push rankings.
This build also comes with its own speed farming variation, which features a build similar to the present one, but with alterations to fit a speedfarming playstyle.
The basic skill setup of the Wastes Rend Barbarian is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Ancient Spear Rage Flip Whirlwind Wind Shear 1 Rend Bloodbath 2 Ground Stomp Wrenching Smash 3 Battle Rage Swords to Ploughshares 4 Wrath of the Berserker Insanity|
The required gear setup for the Wastes Rend Barbarian for GR solo pushing is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Helm of the Wastes
- Shoulders: Pauldrons of the Wastes
- Gloves: Gauntlet of the Wastes
- Chest: Cuirass of the Wastes
- Belt: Lamentation
- Pants: Tasset of the Wastes
- Boots: Sabaton of the Wastes
- Bracers: Mortick's Brace
- Amulet: The Flavor of Time
- Ring 1: Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac
- Ring 2: Convention of Elements
- Weapon 1: The Slanderer
- Weapon 2: Little Rogue
- 10 Dec. 2019 (gear page): Submitted a clarification to ring rolls to account for ORotZ.
- 19 Nov. 2019 (gear page): Guide revised and updated for Season 19.
- 19 Nov. 2019 (this page): Guide revised and updated for Season 19.
- 19 Nov. 2019 (skills page): Guide revised and updated for Season 19.
- 22 Aug. 2019 (gear page): Item revisions are introduced for Season 18.
- 22 Aug. 2019 (this page): Skill and item revisions are introduced for Season 18.
- 22 Aug. 2019 (skills page): Skill revisions are introduced for Season 18.
- 13 May 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 13 May 2019 (skills page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 13 May 2019 (gear page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 16 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 31 Oct. 2017 (gear page): Changed jewelry for Patch 2.6.1. Band of Might and Convention of Elements replace Focus and Restraint.
- 31 Oct. 2017 (this page): Updated jewelry recommendations to reflect 2.6.1 changes.
- 31 Oct. 2017 (skills page): Wording updates to reflect the change in jewelry in the build.
- 26 Jun. 2017 (this page): Guide updated for 2.6 and moved to new format.
- Solo GR 150 Exploit - Probable Bans Incoming
- Why Diablo 2 Still Holds Up After 20 Years - Book Excerpt
- Tyrael's Sacrifice Cinematic Upscaled to 8K
- BlizzCon Winning Cosplays Interview
- Whisper Bug Fixed, Party Bug Update
- Diablo 4 System Design, Part 2
- Lilith's Summoner Is Rathma Confirmed
- Blues on Addons and Bots, 10,000+ Paragon, Brawl Leveling and Angel Squishiness
- Fever Clan recruiting for Season
- Barbarian The Thrill Conquest
- no set build
- Sentry Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Generator Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- GRID is Recruiting All player For All Seasons
- LoN HotA Barbarian (Patch 2.6.5)