Monk Uliana Seven-Sided Strike Build With Exploding Palm
Welcome to our build guide for Uliana Seven-Sided Strike Monk in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.7 and Season 19.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
Uliana's Stratagem set puts one of the coolest looking Monk skills — Seven-Sided Strike — in the Greater Rifting spotlight, along with the helpful push of the class trademark, Exploding Palm. This high burst, AoE centric playstyle is available in both Greater Rift solo progression (the present guide) and speed farming (see link just below) variations.
The basic skill setup of the Uliana Seven-Sided Strike Monk is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Way of the Hundred Fists Assimilation Exploding Palm Impending Doom 1 Epiphany Desert Shroud 2 Dashing Strike Blinding Speed 3 Seven-Sided Strike Sustained Attack 4 Cyclone Strike Implosion|
The required gear setup for the Uliana Seven-Sided Strike Monk is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Uliana's Spirit
- Shoulders: Uliana's Strength
- Gloves: Uliana's Fury
- Chest: Uliana's Heart
- Belt: Captain Crimson's Silk Girdle
- Pants: Captain Crimson's Thrust
- Boots: Uliana's Destiny
- Bracers: Gungdo Gear
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Convention of Elements
- Weapon: The Fist of Az'Turrasq
- Offhand: Lion's Claw
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Gogok of Swiftness
- Legendary Gem 3: Bane of the Stricken
- Weapon Slot: The Flow of Eternity
- Armor Slot: Binding of the Lost
- Jewelry Slot: Ring of Royal Grandeur
Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a High Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If high leaderboard position without strict adherence to the meta is attractive to you, consider using this build.
This build is oriented mostly at solo Rifting (Greater and Normal). Due to its mediocre mobility on long distances, it is not recommended for Bounties. It is also not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 21 Nov. 2019 (gear page): Updated to include Cpt. Crimson; imrpoved tables and explanations across the board.
- 21 Nov. 2019 (this page): Revised the guide to include Cpt. Crimson's set. Updated for Season 19.
- 21 Nov. 2019 (skills page): Reviewed and approved for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (gear page): Reviewed for Season 18.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (skills page): Reviewed for Season 18.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 18.
- 16 May 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 16 May 2019 (skills page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 16 May 2019 (gear page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 28 Oct. 2017 (this page): Minor revisions to the guide to reflect the 2.6.1 buffs.
- 28 Oct. 2017 (gear page): Replaced Lefebvre's Soliloquy with Spirit Guards as the cubed armor piece.
- 30 Jun. 2017 (this page): Updated for Patch 2.6 and moved to new guide format.
- Era Reset Coming With Pre-Season 20 Patch 2.6.8
- Diablo Animated Series to Be Rendered in Anime Style
- Update on Diablo 4 February Blog - Possible Video Coming?
- Patch 2.6.8 PTR Season 20 Update Notes, Season 19 Ending March 1st
- New Patch 2.6.8 PTR Build Coming Soon
- Blizzard President J. Allen Brack on Warcraft III Reforged Launch
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2019 Earnings Call: Diablo Immortal Testing in Mid-2020, WoW Sub Growth
- New Head of the Diablo Franchise Is Rod Ferguson of Gears of War
- Mundunugu's Regalia Set
- Avarice Conquest
- The Typhon's Veil Set
- Fever Clan recruiting for Season
- RoV Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)
- Staff of Herding / Whimsyshire
- LoN Singularity Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- GRID is Recruiting All player For All Seasons