Barbarian Hammer of the Ancients GR Build With Legacy of Dreams
Welcome to our build guide for HotA GR LoD Barbarian in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.8 and Season 20.
With a slew of mighty Hammer of the Ancients and the Fire element at his side, the Barbarian can utilize the adaptable Legacy of Dreams bonuses for a powerful Hammer of the Ancients build that drops clunky set mechanics for a simpler, to-the-point playstyle.
The basic skill setup of the LoD HotA Barbarian is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, and build customization.
|Furious Charge Merciless Assault Hammer of the Ancients Smash 1 Call of the Ancients Together as One 2 Battle Rage Bloodshed 3 Ignore Pain Ignorance is Bliss 4 Wrath of the Berserker Insanity|
The required gear setup for the LoD HotA Barbarian is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Leoric's Crown
- Shoulders: Fury of the Ancients
- Gloves: Magefist
- Chest: Cindercoat
- Belt: Pride of Cassius
- Pants: Swamp Land Waders
- Boots: Illusory Boots
- Bracers: Mortick's Brace
- Amulet: The Flavor of Time
- Ring 1: Convention of Elements (or The Wailing Host in early progression)
- Ring 2: Band of Might (or Litany of the Undaunted in early progression)
- Weapon 1: Remorseless
- Weapon 2: Echoing Fury
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Bane of the Stricken
- Legendary Gem 3: Legacy of Dreams
- Weapon Slot: The Gavel of Judgment
- Armor Slot: Bracers of the First Men
- Jewelry Slot: Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac
- 12 Mar. 2020 (gear page): No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 12 Mar. 2020 (skills page): No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 12 Mar. 2020 (this page): No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 19 Nov. 2019 (skills page): Guide revised and updated for Season 19.
- 19 Nov. 2019 (this page): Guide revised and updated for Season 19.
- 19 Nov. 2019 (gear page): Guide revised and updated for Season 19.
- 22 Aug. 2019 (gear page): Revised skill and item recommendations for Season 18.
- 22 Aug. 2019 (this page): Revised skill and item recommendations for Season 18.
- 22 Aug. 2019 (skills page): Revised skill recommendations for Season 18.
- 13 May 2019 (gear page): Guide added.
- 13 May 2019 (skills page): Guide added.
- 13 May 2019 (this page): Guide added.
- Season 21 PTR Coming Next Week
- Season 21 PTR Delayed
- Deadset's Thoughts on Season 21 Buff, New Sets and Items, Skill Changes and More
- Could Diablo 4 Be Closer than Expected?
- Patch 2.6.9 PTR Patch Notes
- New Old-school, Original Blizzard North Diablo 3 Screenshots
- Lockdown Thoughts: Diablo 3 Classic?
- Fastest Greater Rift 150: 3 min 49 sec in Season 20 (4 Player)