Wizard Firebird Flame Blades Build
The Firebird set playstyle revolves around incinerating your enemies, ensuring their fiery demise with a combination of burning spells that feed into a singular, buffed up flame. This guide will cover all of its available playstyles. The base one presented on this page is the Greater Rift Solo Pushing Variation, but this build also has a Neph alem Rift Farming Variation, and a Great er Rift Speed Farming Variation.
The basic skill setup of the Firebird Flame Blades Wizard is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Spectral Blade Flame Blades Disintegrate Chaos Nexus 1 Explosive Blast Chain Reaction 2 Frost Nova Bone Chill 3 Teleport Safe Passage 4 Black Hole Spellsteal|
The required gear setup for the Firebird Flame Blades Wizard is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on the required stat rolls on gear, itemization alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Head: Firebird's Plume
- Shoulders: Firebird's Pinions
- Torso: Firebird's Breast
- Wrists: Ashnagarr's Blood Bracer
- Hands: Firebird's Talons
- Waist: The Shame of Delsere
- Legs: Firebird's Down
- Feet: Firebird's Tarsi
- Amulet: Squirt's Necklace
- Ring #1: Focus
- Ring #2: Restraint
- Weapon: Fragment of Destiny
- Off-hand: Orb of Infinite Depth
Angelic Crucible Sanctification
Season 27 comes with the theme of Angelic Crucibles — consumable items that empower Legendary items with perfected Ancient-level stats, as well as infuse them with one of three unique, powerful, class-specific abilities at random. For this build, we recommend swapping Spectral Blade Flame Blades from the main version of this build for Magic Missile Conflagrate, and then aim for the Magic Missile Sanctification — which adds the following power to your build:
- Magic Missile Sanctification: Magic Missile fires 10 missiles and gains the effect of the Seeker rune.
Use Angelic Crucibles on an item that crosses over most (if not all) variants of a build, and is also an item that is relatively harder to perfect than other slots (since sanctifying an item maximizes its stats). In the case of this build, good candidates for Sanctification are your weapon ( Unstable Scepter) and your off-hand ( Triumvirate).
You can read more on Angelic Crucibles and the sanctification process in our dedicated Angelic Crucible Mechanics guide.
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Gogok of Swiftness
- Legendary Gem 3: Bane of the Stricken
How to Get This Build Going?
In this section, we will briefly go over how to kickstart this build into reality; which items you should aim for with priority when farming and gambling, and what is their relative priority for the functioning of this spec. Note that these suggestions are exclusively aimed at getting you up and running into endgame farming, and might not reflect the gear you need to wear for high-end Greater Rift solo or group pushing. This section also assumes a fresh Season's start, which usually is the point where most players work on assembling their first build with a particular set.
If the Firebird set is part of the Haedrig's Gift for the Season, your simplest and most straightforward path to assembling the build is to complete the Seasonal Journey chapters up to Chapter IV. The Seasonal Journey chapters will gradually give you a complete class-specific set, giving 2-3 pieces for Chapters II, III and IV.
From the pre-game menu, choose and do this week's Challenge Rift. When successfully completed, this weekly event will grant you 5,1 million Gold, 475 Blood Shards, 370 Reusable Parts, 350 Arcane Dust, 125 Veiled Crystals, 35 Death's Breaths, and 15 of each Bounty cache material: Khanduran Rune, Caldeum Nightshade, Arreat War Tapestry, Corrupted Angel Flesh, and Westmarch Holy Water. This will allow you some early Seasonal leeway to extract and reforge items in Kanai's Cube, speeding up the assembly of this build with the items recommended below.
Having some materials at your disposal, either from farming or the Challenge Rift, is particularly important when you get duplicate pieces of your desired set. When you do, you can use Kanai's Cube Skill of Nilfur recipe (10x Forgotten Souls, 10x Death's Breaths, 1x Set item) to convert into another item from the same set. You should never salvage duplicate pieces of a desired set before you have it assembled.
In order to assemble a Firebird's Flame Blades Wizard, you should:
- Gather the full 6-piece Firebird's Finery set using the advice above, or by spending Blood Shards at Kadala. In order of gamble chance, you should spend for: Shoulders, Boots, Pants, Gloves, Off-hand, Chest, and Helm. A trick you can also use is to gamble for duplicate pieces with an easier gamble chance (i.e., Shoulders) and convert them into another piece from the same set using the Skill of Nilfur recipe in Kanai's Cube.
- Gamble Off-hands or upgrade rare (Hope of Cain recipe in Kanai's Cube) Wizard Sources for Orb of Infinite Depth. This will be a massive damage reduction boost to the build, while simultaneously adding to DPS.
- Gamble or upgrade rare Belts for The Shame of Delsere; attack speed is a major source of damage in the build, while resource stability will help you maintain skill spam and possible buffs like Aquila Cuirass.
- Gamble or upgrade rare Bracers for Ashnagarr's Blood Bracer, a solid protective piece for the build. Gambling/upgrading rares in the Bracer slot can also net you other valuable pieces like Nemesis Bracers or Ranslor's Folly.
- Craft level 70 Wands at the Blacksmith and use the "upgrade rare" recipe to obtain Fragment of Destiny, one of the biggest damage pieces in the Flame Blades build. Gambling is also possible, but undesirable due to the high Blood Shard costs of weapons.
- Do Act I bounties to attain the act-specific Ring of Royal Grandeur from Bounty caches. This will be helpful either in completing the basic set bonus, or mixing other helpful sets in (Cpt. Crimson, Aughild...) as described in the Gear page. Bounties will net you the craftable set recipes to begin with, so you will be killing two birds with one stone. Bounties will also net you Avarice Band (Act III), another farming-oriented staple for most builds and classes, this one included.
- While largely undesirable due to high costs, gambling or upgrading rare Jewelry is also possible; Convention of Elements, Focus and Restraint, and Squirt's Necklace will all bring massive damage bumps to the build, with other standout pieces that can also substitute or be temporarily helpful in the face of Unity, or Oculus Ring and The Flavor of Time for your Follower.
- 26 Aug. 2022 (this page): Added Season 27 Angelic Crucible recommendations.
- 26 Aug. 2022 (skills page): Skills and passives reviewed for Season 27.
- 26 Aug. 2022 (gear page): Added Season 27 Angelic Crucible recommendations.
- 14 Apr. 2022 (this page): Guide reviewed for Season 26.
- 14 Apr. 2022 (gear page): Guide reviewed for Season 26.
- 14 Apr. 2022 (skills page): Guide reviewed for Season 26.
- 06 Dec. 2021 (gear page): Added Season 25 Soul Shard recommendations.
- 06 Dec. 2021 (this page): Added build assembly advice and Season 25 Soul Shard recommendations.
- 06 Dec. 2021 (skills page): Removed reference to pet procs for Firebird for Season 25.
- 22 Jul. 2021 (gear page): Added S24 Ethereal recommendation.
- 22 Jul. 2021 (this page): Added S24 Ethereal recommendation.
- 22 Jul. 2021 (skills page): No changes required for Season 24.
- 24 Mar. 2021 (this page): Guide added.
- 23 Mar. 2021 (gear page): Guide added.
- 23 Mar. 2021 (skills page): Guide added.
- Diablo 4 Beta Client Now Available for Download
- The Forgotten Nightmares Diablo Immortal Update
- Diablo 4 Closed End Game Beta Draws Near
- Activision Blizzard Games Coming to Game Pass After Microsoft Acquisition
- Diablo Immortal Content Update: Season 4 Battle Pass, New Raid Bosses and Events
- Best Guides for Diablo 3 Season 27
- Diablo 3 Patch 2.7.4 Now Live
- Will Diablo 4 Pre-Orders & Release Date Be Announced at The Game Awards on December 8th?