Demon Hunter Unhallowed Essence Grenades Build
Welcome to our build guide for Unhallowed Essence Grenades Demon Hunter in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.7 and Season 19.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
One of the multiple builds affected by the 2.4.3 Hellcat Waistguard rework, the Unhallowed Essence generator build emerges as a fully competitive spec with a focus on Grenade. This mid range, explosive build is meant for Greater Rift solo progression, but we do have a speed farming variation that you can access using the link below.
The basic skill setup of the Unhallowed Essence Grenades Demon Hunter is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Grenade Cluster Grenades Fan of Knives Bladed Armor 1 Vengeance Dark Heart 2 Vault Tumble 3 Companion Boar Companion 4 Preparation Invigoration|
The required gear setup for the Unhallowed Essence Grenades Demon Hunter is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Accursed Visage
- Shoulders: Unsanctified Shoulders
- Gloves: Fiendish Grips
- Chest: Cage of the Hellborn
- Belt: Hellcat Waistguard
- Pants: Depth Diggers
- Boots: Hell Walkers
- Bracers: Wraps of Clarity
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Convention of Elements
- Weapon: Fortress Ballista
- Offhand: Dawn
- Legendary Gem 1: Simplicity's Strength
- Legendary Gem 2: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 3: Bane of the Stricken
- 21 Nov. 2019 (gear page): Expanded the stat priorities, paragon points, and gems sections. Added a potion section.
- 21 Nov. 2019 (this page): Reviewed for Season 19. Overhauled speedrunning variation.
- 21 Nov. 2019 (skills page): Reviewed for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (skills page): Reviewed for Season 18.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (this page): Item recommendations were revised for Season 18.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (gear page): Echoing Fury replaces Buriza-Do Kyanon in Kanai's Cube.
- 16 May 2019 (skills page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 16 May 2019 (gear page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 16 May 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 30 Oct. 2017 (this page): Moved build from Top tier to High tier, following Patch 2.6.1.
- 01 Jul. 2017 (this page): Updated guide for 2.6 and moved it to the new format.
- Why Diablo 2 Still Holds Up After 20 Years - Book Excerpt
- Tyrael's Sacrifice Cinematic Upscaled to 8K
- BlizzCon Winning Cosplays Interview
- Whisper Bug Fixed, Party Bug Update
- Diablo 4 System Design, Part 2
- Lilith's Summoner Is Rathma Confirmed
- Blues on Addons and Bots, 10,000+ Paragon, Brawl Leveling and Angel Squishiness
- Diablo 4 Will Be "Like the First Chapter of a Book", Diablo May Not Even Show Up
- no set build
- Sentry Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Generator Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- GRID is Recruiting All player For All Seasons
- LoN HotA Barbarian (Patch 2.6.5)
- Crusader Invoker Set Dungeon
- Tempest Rush Monk (Patch 2.6.4)