Crusader Roland's Sweep Attack Build
Welcome to our build guide for Roland's Sweep Attack Crusader in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.7 and Season 19.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
The Roland's Legacy set unlocks the potential of two signature Crusader abilities — Sweep Attack and Shield Bash — both by boosting their damage and adding cooldown reduction utility to their use. The guide below will focus on the Sweep Attack build option; this control-heavy, sustain damage build is designed with Greater Rift solo progression in mind, but we also have a speed farming variant, which can be accessed using the link below.
Roland's Shield Bash Crusader
For the Shield Bash variant of the build, please refer to the link below.
The basic skill setup of the Roland's Sweep Attack Crusader is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Sweep Attack Blazing Sweep Condemn Vacuum 1 Steed Charge Endurance 2 Iron Skin Flash 3 Laws of Valor Unstoppable Force 4 Akarat's Champion Prophet|
The required gear setup for the Rolands Sweep Attack Crusader is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Roland's Visage
- Shoulders: Roland's Mantle
- Gloves: Roland's Grasp
- Chest: Roland's Bearing
- Belt: Captain Crimson's Silk Girdle
- Pants: Captain Crimson's Thrust
- Boots: Roland's Stride
- Bracers: Strongarm Bracers
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Convention of Elements
- Weapon: Golden Flense
- Offhand: Denial
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Bane of the Stricken
- Legendary Gem 3: Gogok of Swiftness
Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a High Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If high leaderboard position without strict adherence to the meta is attractive to you, consider using this build.
This build is oriented mostly at solo Rifting (Greater and Normal). Due to its mediocre mobility on long distances, it is not recommended for Bounties. It is also not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 19 Nov. 2019 (skills page): Guide revised and updated for Season 19.
- 19 Nov. 2019 (this page): Guide revised and updated for Season 19.
- 19 Nov. 2019 (gear page): Guide revised and updated for Season 19.
- 22 Aug. 2019 (gear page): Item recommendations have been revised for Season 18.
- 22 Aug. 2019 (this page): Item recommendations have been revised for Season 18.
- 22 Aug. 2019 (skills page): Reviewed for Season 18.
- 15 May 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 15 May 2019 (gear page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 15 May 2019 (skills page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 31 Oct. 2017 (gear page): Changed recommended items for Bracers, Belt, and Ring #1, following the shift of the build towards Fire.
- 31 Oct. 2017 (this page): Revised the guide to reflect its 2.6.1 shift into Fire.
- 31 Oct. 2017 (skills page): Blazing Sweep is now the recommended rune for Sweep Attack.
- 02 Jul. 2017 (this page): Updated for 2.6 and moved to new guide format.
- Tyrael's Sacrifice Cinematic Upscaled to 8K
- BlizzCon Winning Cosplays Interview
- Whisper Bug Fixed, Party Bug Update
- Diablo 4 System Design, Part 2
- Lilith's Summoner Is Rathma Confirmed
- Blues on Addons and Bots, 10,000+ Paragon, Brawl Leveling and Angel Squishiness
- Diablo 4 Will Be "Like the First Chapter of a Book", Diablo May Not Even Show Up
- Party Joining Bug Fixed
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Seismic Slam Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Monk Leveling and Fresh 70
- PoJ Tempest Rush Monk
- Rend Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- New to this game
- LoN Frenzy/Thorns Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Barbarian Wrath of the Wastes Set Dungeon