Monk Inna Mystic Ally Build
The Inna's Mantra set has been thoroughly reworked in Season 24, reimagining the generic damage bonuses of its former state into an entirely Mystic Ally-centric playstyle that empowers the Monk with the combined power of all Ally runes, while simultaneously allowing them to summon a horde of Allies at their side via attacks. This results in a formidable summoner playstyle that can be reliably used in two elemental variations (Physical and Cold), and that can be taken through all forms of content. For the sake of brevity, this guide will present the Greater Rift solo pushing version and the speed farming version of the build, whilst adding notes on the various alterations you can make to tailor the build to your specific gameplay needs.
The basic skill setup of the Inna Mystic Ally Monk is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Way of the Hundred Fists Assimilation Cyclone Strike Implosion 1 Mystic Ally Fire Ally 2 Dashing Strike Blinding Speed 3 Inner Sanctuary Temple of Protection 4 Serenity Ascension|
The required gear setup for the Inna Mystic Ally Monk is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Inna's Radiance
- Shoulders: Lefebvre's Soliloquy
- Gloves: Inna's Hold
- Chest: Inna's Vast Expanse
- Belt: Inna's Favor
- Pants: Inna's Temperance
- Boots: The Crudest Boots
- Bracers: Spirit Guards
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Convention of Elements
- Weapon 1: Shenlong's Fist of Legend
- Weapon 2: Shenlong's Relentless Assault
Angelic Crucible Sanctification
Season 27 comes with the theme of Angelic Crucibles — consumable items that empower Legendary items with perfected Ancient-level stats, as well as infuse them with one of three unique, powerful, class-specific abilities at random. For this build, we recommend aiming for the Way of the Hundred Fists Sanctification, which adds the following power to your build:
- Way of the Hundred Fists Sanctification: All Way of the Hundred Fists combo punches use the second stage combo punch. Consecutive hits from Way of the Hundred Fists increases its damage by 2%. Max 350 stacks.
Use Angelic Crucibles on an item that crosses over most (if not all) variants of a build, and is also an item that is relatively harder to perfect than other slots (since sanctifying an item maximizes its stats). In the case of this build, a good candidate for Sanctification are The Crudest Boots, since they are present in all variants of the build, or a jewelry piece such as the Convention of Elements.
You can read more on Angelic Crucibles and the sanctification process in our dedicated Angelic Crucible Mechanics guide.
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Bane of the Stricken
- Legendary Gem 3: Enforcer
- Weapon Slot: Flying Dragon
- Armor Slot: Bindings of the Lesser Gods
- Jewelry Slot: Ring of Royal Grandeur
Follower and Potion
We recommend the Enchantress for both GR solo progression and in speed GR and T16 farming. Check our Follower guide for advice on their skills and gearing. For your legendary potion, we recommend Bottomless Potion of the Unfettered.
How to Get This Build Going?
In this section, we will briefly go over how to kickstart this build into reality; which items you should aim for with priority when farming and gambling, and what is their relative priority for the functioning of this spec. Note that these suggestions are exclusively aimed at getting you up and running into endgame farming, and might not reflect the gear you need to wear for high-end Greater Rift solo or group pushing. This section also assumes a fresh Season's start, which usually is the point where most players work on assembling their first build with a particular set.
If the Inna set is part of the Haedrig's Gift for the Season, your simplest and most straightforward path to assembling the build is to complete the Seasonal Journey chapters up to Chapter IV. The Seasonal Journey chapters will gradually give you a complete class-specific set, giving 2-3 pieces for Chapters II, III and IV.
From the pre-game menu, choose and do this week's Challenge Rift. When successfully completed, this weekly event will grant you 5,1 million Gold, 475 Blood Shards, 370 Reusable Parts, 350 Arcane Dust, 125 Veiled Crystals, 35 Death's Breaths, and 15 of each Bounty cache material: Khanduran Rune, Caldeum Nightshade, Arreat War Tapestry, Corrupted Angel Flesh, and Westmarch Holy Water. This will allow you some early Seasonal leeway to extract and reforge items in Kanai's Cube, speeding up the assembly of this build with the items recommended below.
Having some materials at your disposal, either from farming or the Challenge Rift, is particularly important when you get duplicate pieces of your desired set. When you do, you can use Kanai's Cube Skill of Nilfur recipe (10x Forgotten Souls, 10x Death's Breaths, 1x Set item) to convert into another item from the same set. You should never salvage duplicate pieces of a desired set before you have it assembled.
In order to assemble an Inna Mystic Ally Monk, you should do the following.
- Gather the full 6-piece Inna set using the advice above, or by spending Blood Shards at Kadala. In order of gamble chance, you should spend for: Pants, Boots, Gloves, Chest, Belt, and Helm. Do not gamble for the Daibo, since Weapon gamble costs are prohibitively expensive. A trick you can also use is to gamble for duplicate pieces with an easier gamble chance (i.e., Pants) and convert them into another piece from the same set using the Skill of Nilfur recipe in Kanai's Cube.
- Gamble Boots for The Crudest Boots, which also might have been your lucky find from the level 1 gambling. These boots double the number of Mystic Ally clones that are summoned by the skill, triples their damage dealt, and prolongs their active form attack — especially useful for Water Ally. This is your legendary item target No1.
- Gamble Bracers for Bindings of the Lesser Gods; this item further enhances the damage dealt by your Mystic Ally summmons, and forms a very satisfying synergy with the monstrous pull of Cyclone Strike. Bracers gambling can also net you Nemesis Bracers, which are a cornerstone farming item.
- Upgrade rare One-handed Swords to get In-geom; doing this on a level 1 Demon Hunter alt will improve your chances due to their lowest loot pool of legendary swords.
- Upgrade rare One-handed Maces to get Echoing Fury; doing this on a level 1 Witch Doctor alt will improve your chances due to their lowest loot pool of legendary maces.
- Upgrade rare Two-handed Axes to get Messerschmidt's Reaver; along with In-geom, these two legendary powers will practically nullify your Mystic Ally cooldown and mmake you an unstoppable force in farming sessions.
- Gambling Belts can net you Goldwrap — a cornerstone standard rift farming item that makes you nearly invulnerable as you pick up gold.
- Do Act I bounties to attain the act-specific Ring of Royal Grandeur from Bounty caches. This will be helpful either in completing the basic set bonus, or mixing other helpful sets in (Aughilds) as described in the Inna Mystic Ally Gear page. Bounties will net you the craftable set recipes to begin with, so you will be killing two birds with one stone. Bounties will also net you Avarice Band (Act III), another farming-oriented staple for most builds and classes, this one included.
- While largely undesirable due to high costs, gambling or upgrading rare Jewelry is also possible; the Bastions of Will set ( Focus and Restraint), the Endless Walk set ( The Traveler's Pledge and The Compass Rose), and Convention of Elements , Unity and will all bring massive damage bumps to the build, with other standout pieces that can also substitute or be temporarily helpful in the face of Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac, Stone of Jordan, Squirt's Necklace, or Oculus Ring and The Flavor of Time for your Follower.
- 26 Aug. 2022 (gear page): Added Season 27 Angelic Crucible recommendations.
- 26 Aug. 2022 (skills page): Recommendation reversed to Fire Ally for Season 27.
- 26 Aug. 2022 (this page): Added Season 27 Angelic Crucible recommendations.
- 14 Apr. 2022 (skills page): Guide revised to Earth Ally for Season 26.
- 14 Apr. 2022 (this page): Guide revised to Earth Ally for Season 26.
- 14 Apr. 2022 (gear page): Guide revised to Physical damage for Season 26.
- 08 Dec. 2021 (this page): Guide revised and added Season 25 Soul Shard recommendations.
- 08 Dec. 2021 (gear page): Guide revised and added Season 25 Soul Shard recommendations.
- 08 Dec. 2021 (skills page): Guide revised for Season 25.
- 21 Jul. 2021 (skills page): Guide thoroughly reworked for the Inna set revamp.
- 21 Jul. 2021 (gear page): Guide thoroughly reworked for the Inna set revamp; added S24 Ethereal weapon recommendation.
- 21 Jul. 2021 (this page): Guide thoroughly reworked for the Inna set revamp; added S24 Ethereal weapon recommendation.
- 01 Apr. 2021 (gear page): Added follower recommendation.
- 01 Apr. 2021 (this page): Added follower recommendation.
- 01 Apr. 2021 (skills page): No changes required for Season 23.
- 16 Nov. 2020 (skills page): No changes required for Season 22.
- 16 Nov. 2020 (this page): Added S22 Cube recommendation.
- 16 Nov. 2020 (gear page): Added S22 Cube recommendation.
- 01 Jul. 2020 (skills page): No changes required for Season 21.
- 01 Jul. 2020 (gear page): No changes required for Season 21.
- 01 Jul. 2020 (this page): No changes required for Season 21.
- 12 Mar. 2020 (gear page): No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 12 Mar. 2020 (this page): No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 12 Mar. 2020 (skills page): No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 21 Nov. 2019 (skills page): Reviewed for Season 19.
- 21 Nov. 2019 (gear page): Reviewed for Season 19.
- 21 Nov. 2019 (this page): Reviewed for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 18.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (gear page): Reviewed for Season 18.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (skills page): Reviewed for Season 18.
- 16 May 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 16 May 2019 (skills page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 16 May 2019 (gear page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 28 Oct. 2017 (this page): No changes necessary for Patch 2.6.1.
- 30 Jun. 2017 (this page): Updated for Patch 2.6 and moved to new guide format.
- Diablo Immortal Rising Damnation Content Update
- The Darkening of Tristram Returns January 3rd
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- Recap of the First Diablo IV Developer Update Livestream
- Diablo 3 Holiday Gift Drops: Pets and Cosmetics
- Diablo IV Limited Collector's Box Now Available for Pre-Purchase
- Diablo IV Developer Update Livestream: December 15th
- Diablo Immortal: New Expansion Coming December 14