Monk Wave of Light Build with Sunwuko or Inna Set
Welcome to our build guide for Sunwuko Wave of Light Monk in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.7 and Season 19.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
Previously stuck in the group-only support DPS role, the Sunwuko set received a revision in Patch 2.4 to a viable soloing state. With this rework and the aid of several revised items, the Season 2 champion Wave of Light re-emerges in a new form. This ranged, sustained damage build is geared towards Greater Rift solo progression. We also have a competitive variant based on the Inna set and a speed farming variation, both accessible using the links just below.
The basic skill setup of the Sunwuko Wave of Light Monk is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Wave of Light Explosive Light Dashing Strike Blinding Speed 1 Epiphany Desert Shroud 2 Sweeping Wind Inner Storm 3 Mystic Ally Air Ally 4 Mantra of Salvation Agility|
The required gear setup for the Sunwuko Wave of Light Monk is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Tzo Krin's Gaze
- Shoulders: Sunwuko's Balance
- Gloves: Sunwuko's Paws
- Chest: Sunwuko's Soul
- Belt: Captain Crimson's Silk Girdle
- Pants: Sunwuko's Leggings
- Boots: Captain Crimson's Waders
- Bracers: Pinto's Pride
- Amulet: Sunwuko's Shines
- Ring 1: Unity
- Ring 2: Convention of Elements
- Weapon: Kyoshiro's Blade
- Offhand: Vengeful Wind
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Zei's Stone of Vengeance
- Legendary Gem 3: Bane of the Stricken
- Weapon Slot: Incense Torch of the Grand Temple
- Armor Slot: Cindercoat
- Jewelry Slot: Ring of Royal Grandeur
- 21 Nov. 2019 (skills page): Skill setup moved to a non-generator setup, Epiphany added back. Updated for Season 19.
- 21 Nov. 2019 (this page): Build moved to a non-generator setup, with skill and item changes to reflect that. Updated for Season 19.
- 21 Nov. 2019 (gear page): Added Cpt. Crimson set as part of the itemization, significant changes to jewelry. Updated for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (gear page): Reviewed for Season 18.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 18.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (skills page): Reviewed for Season 18.
- 16 May 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 16 May 2019 (gear page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 16 May 2019 (skills page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 05 Feb. 2019 (this page): Added the Inna Wave of Light variation.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 12 Nov. 2017 (skills page): Updated the passive skill recommendations.
- 12 Nov. 2017 (gear page): Revised gem recommendations to reflect the proper playstyle of the build.
- 28 Oct. 2017 (gear page): Changed rings, weapon #2, and waist for Patch 2.6.1.
- 28 Oct. 2017 (this page): Revised the guide to reflect its buffs in Patch 2.6.1.
- 28 Oct. 2017 (skills page): Replaced Epiphany with Crippling Wave for Patch 2.6.1.
- 30 Jun. 2017 (this page): Updated for Patch 2.6 and moved to new guide format.
- Diablo 4 GamesRadar Hands On - Death Kits, Difficulty and More
- Path of Diablo (2) Season 9 Brings a New Skill, Widescreen Support, Trade 2.0 and More
- Crusader Solo GR 150, 12 Mins with Great Commentary
- Season 20 PTR and Balance Blog Timing + All Diablo 3 Season Durations
- Diablo 4 Vs. 3 Vs. 2 Graphics and Art Style Comparisons
- Warcraft 3: Reforged and StarCraft 2 Join the ESL
- Quarterly Updates on Diablo IV in 2020
- Old Diablo 3 Forums Shutting Down Today
- Impale Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)
- Fever Clan recruiting for Season
- (Seasonal)StoneClan is recruiting casual D3 players for seasonal play
- Rend Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- LoN Corpse Lance Necromancer (Patch 2.6.5)
- LoN Singularity Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- Demon Hunter The Thrill Conquest
- Efficient Regular Rifts Guide