FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sottle

The Rate/Improve my deck thread.

@ArkaelDruid has both control and beast options viable. Hunter only has beast synergy, and should not be played as control as of now. For druid, you can either start with the deck CodeRazor posted for beast synergy, for control you should choose between yogg, C'thun and "classic" ramp. When you decide, let me know which one, and I will help you create a budget variant.
For hunter, you can start with hybrid hunter. It's easy to learn and it's quite powerful. If you do not have Call of the Wild, you can use Savannah Highmane instead.

Need some help with a priest C'thun deck (not sure how effective in first place)
Cards and dust are fairly limited

10wjsz4.png

I especially like how Convert synergises with Entomb or Shadow Word: Death as it provides big minion removal and adds their best card into my hand & deck (in Entomb's case)

Brann Bronzebeard & Twin Emperor Vek'lor is also a synergy I like to play out in the game.

Recent tweaks:

Tried removing Shadow Word: Pain but struggled being overrun in the early turns. 

Elise Starseeker is purely there for decent stats and provides something for other player to think about.
Emperor Thaurissan also requires removal from the board but not sure overall how well it does, whether it adds value to the deck.
Another card I am not sure about the value to the deck is Hooded Acolyte but 3/6 stats for 4 mana seems good, I removed 1 anyway. Also removed Doomcaller, as found that if playing C'Thun once didn't win me the game, I was unlikely to last to a point of playing it twice. 

Got to rank 15 with the variation deck couple of seasons ago, but struggling now.

1 hour ago, positiv2 said:

@ArkaelDruid has both control and beast options viable. Hunter only has beast synergy, and should not be played as control as of now. For druid, you can either start with the deck CodeRazor posted for beast synergy, for control you should choose between yogg, C'thun and "classic" ramp. When you decide, let me know which one, and I will help you create a budget variant.
For hunter, you can start with hybrid hunter. It's easy to learn and it's quite powerful. If you do not have Call of the Wild, you can use Savannah Highmane instead.

Why do you say that Hunter shouldn't be used as a Control deck atm?  Isn't the deck CodeRazor posted pretty much used to control the board?  I use a similar one and it curves pretty well and it is entertaining to play to boot.  On a side note, King Krush was my first legendary as well but I kept him and he finds a spot in the aforementioned deck.

Edited by Mursilis

@MursilisThe deck CodeRazor posted is a budget midrange/hybrid hunter. You shouldn't trade too much and when getting into the late-game, you should start playing more aggressively, unlike decks like Control Warrior, Ramp Druid or Aviana Druid. Those decks also have higher amount of reactive cards and will do more reactive plays than the hunter deck.
So, to answer your first question: current meta offers no standard-viable control hunter decks. 
To answer your second question: yes, you control the board, but only to some extent, as you generally don't trade equally powerful minions (though there is huge amount of exceptions), and you stop doing so in the late-game.
Call of the Wild simply outvalues King Krush as a late-game card, and King Krush should not be included to make room for Call of the Wild without making your curve too high.

• Like 1

@Neo111Convert is basically 2 mana get a card you could have added in this deck for 0 mana. So, you pay 2 mana for a situational card to get less situational card in your hand. Include Cabal Shadow Priest. She can steal a minion from the currently most popular decks on ladder.
Elise Starseeker has negative synergy with C'Thun when you haven't played him yet,as the Golden Monkey is simply unplayable. Additionally, she puts another card (or 2 cards) in your deck which can "block" C'ThunTwin Emperor Vek'lor or other important card. Mindgames (not the card) are not important until about rank 5. You can include second Shadow Word: Pain to get rid of early Darkshire Councilman or Frothing Berserker.
You can swap Doomsayers and Loot Hoarders depending on your winrate against aggro decks.
Not sure if I would include Emperor Thaurissan, as you don't have that many big drops. Second Hooded Acolyte should help you more.

6 hours ago, positiv2 said:

I really like the "classic" Druid ramp you linked.  Would be fun to work toward that if you could help me with a budget version that I can start with to practice and learn the playstyle that would be awesome.  Thanks again for all the help!

Edited by Arkael

@ArkaelWhich cards, aside from basic cards, do you already have for the deck? If it's lower than 15, we could use Low budget C'thun druid and take out all C'thun related cards.

3 hours ago, positiv2 said:

@Neo111Convert is basically 2 mana get a card you could have added in this deck for 0 mana. So, you pay 2 mana for a situational card to get less situational card in your hand. Include Cabal Shadow Priest. She can steal a minion from the currently most popular decks on ladder.
Elise Starseeker has negative synergy with C'Thun when you haven't played him yet,as the Golden Monkey is simply unplayable. Additionally, she puts another card (or 2 cards) in your deck which can "block" C'ThunTwin Emperor Vek'lor or other important card. Mindgames (not the card) are not important until about rank 5. You can include second Shadow Word: Pain to get rid of early Darkshire Councilman or Frothing Berserker.
You can swap Doomsayers and Loot Hoarders depending on your winrate against aggro decks.
Not sure if I would include Emperor Thaurissan, as you don't have that many big drops. Second Hooded Acolyte should help you more.

I enjoy Convert because it lets me acquire at times ridiculous cards that I don't have in my deck and can't afford to craft, but I see your point. 
I don't have Cabal Shadow Priest so what would be a good alternative?
I have one Doomsayer, although I find that he is taken out far too easily
I see your point re: Emperor Thaurissan and Elise Starseeker

I will take out those 3 cards and see how it goes, although can still see being dominated by aggro decks

@ArkaelWhich cards, aside from basic cards, do you already have for the deck? If it's lower than 15, we could use Low budget C'thun druid and take out all C'thun related cards.

I don't think I have any.  Other than the first deck I posted in my original post I am using the "basic" decks on this website for daily quests, haven't had much luck with packs (only opened 3 I think that I got from arena) and have spent my dust on the rares/epics in my Paladin deck. Only been playing for a couple days.  So if I am just using the basic druid deck, what cards should I be going for first/how do you get them besides opening packs/what cards do I replace with what?

should i add flamestrike? 

i dont have archmage -_-

a few patron players are still exist -good vs zoo and secret pally- 

Screenshot_3.png

21 hours ago, ynhl said:

should i add flamestrike? 

i dont have archmage -_-

a few patron players are still exist -good vs zoo and secret pally- 

Screenshot_3.png

You can add Flamestrike in place of Arcane Intellect if you think it will help you more than draw. You can also run Cabalist's Tome in place of Water Elemental.

A nice take on Cloaked Huntress, but I think this cards deserves slightly more commitment. Of course, having a mana advantage in the world of tempo decks is huge, but both Freezing Trap and Explosive Trap are situational at best. It's not really easy to get value from them all the time. In the old meta with Mad Scientist it didn't matter that much because card was just a clear 2-for-1 and you didn't even have to draw a Secret in advance. 

Value Traps like Bear Trap or Snake Trap, or the new Cat Trick can do better in tandem with Cloaked Huntress. They provide actual, somewhat reliable board presence and that's where you want to put your mana advantage usually. The blowout potential is huge, and it's a t3 play even! Even on their own, those Secrets aren't really bad and Spider Tank is, well, a Spider Tank. They don't really print those anymore.

Synergy with Lock and Load is a great thing also. I think Cloaked Huntress can and some Midgame steam to Yogg Hunter and finally bring it back to radar as a viable metagame option. You can grind with Lock and Load + Secrets blowouts really well and Praise the Yogg is a good plan C.

And my last reminder - Kindly Grandmother is an actual trap card. You really want your 1-and-2 drops to contest the early board against cards like Flame Imp, Tunnel Trogg and Alexstraza's Champion, and a 2 mana 1/1 is, frankly speaking, is really slow for that job. River Crocolisks and Bloodfen Raptors aren't great either but they get it done most of the time.

Hey there,

what are your thoughs on my Wild Djinni-Combo Priest Deck? :)

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/591833-rank-6-djinni-combo-priest-july-16

I made a few tweaks over the time i played it but iam open for new suggestions or ideas to make it even better!

In July Season i peaked rank 6 with multiple winstreaks until new Season began and reset my rank...

My card pool shouldnt be the problem as i have enough dust to compense missing cards. 

Edited by Highfish
Image wasnt working and for some reason my Post is marked hidden

Thanks for your feedback. I have a limited collection, so Yogg N Load isn't an option for me, but your point on the trap selection is valid. I don't have the dust for Snake Trap, but I did craft a couple of Bear Traps. I'm using both bears and a freezing now, and I like how it's working.

I tried another Huntress deck that played many more secrets on a hybrid shell, but I found it wildly inconsistent and too dependent on drawing Huntress. Maybe I just didn't understand how to play it. Midrange I know well, so I'll stick with it for now. Thanks again.

@HighfishWhat do you think are the weaknesses of the deck? What type of deck your worst matchup (control, aggro...)?
One thing is sure no matter what: Nat Pagle isn't reliable and therefore is a bad draw engine.

2 hours ago, positiv2 said:

@HighfishWhat do you think are the weaknesses of the deck? What type of deck your worst matchup (control, aggro...)?
One thing is sure no matter what: Nat Pagle isn't reliable and therefore is a bad draw engine.

Well, the weaknesses of the Deck are that faceless shambler has the risk of beeing a dead card in worst case Szenaries where your board gets cleared by heavy disables or if you end up drawing too much spells... leaves you with a 1/1 for 4 mana.

Matchups are all winable but it struggles against secret pala 

Sylvanas windrunner and loatheb can cost you needed Tempo and let you struggle 

The decision to take nat pagle came up because I needed a 2 mana drop with high life that I can Play on curve to follow up with velens choosen or in high Tempo based matchups to get a quick 4/4 with inner fire, the card draw that nat pagle provides is truly Not reliable but its possible to make it survive more turns. In the end I choosed nat because I couldnt find any 2 drop Fitting better... What would you suggest to pur in place? 

@HighfishAcolyte of Pain and Wild Pyromancer can go in place of Nat Pagle and Faceless Shambler as this combo can draw more cards than Nat Pagle and Wild Pyromancer is better as a 2-drop and can deal with aggro beter than just soaking 4 damage. As for Faceless Shambler, you want to OTK and playing it is either last resort do deal with opponent's lethal or to deal with potential removal, where one copy of it can be sufficient, and as you said, it can be a dead card.
You should also include Emperor Thaurissan as he is extremely valuablein cmbo decks, such as yours. Power Word: Tentacles are probably too slow and seem like the weak chain link. If it's not so, include him in any card you feel is weak in the deck.
You can include one Entomb in place of Holy Nova, Lightbomb, or Shadow Word: Death, depending on your matchups, to deal with deathrattle minions and minions with 4 attack.

@HighfishAcolyte of Pain and Wild Pyromancer can go in place of Nat Pagle and Faceless Shambler as this combo can draw more cards than Nat Pagle and Wild Pyromancer is better as a 2-drop and can deal with aggro beter than just soaking 4 damage. As for Faceless Shambler, you want to OTK and playing it is either last resort do deal with opponent's lethal or to deal with potential removal, where one copy of it can be sufficient, and as you said, it can be a dead card.
You should also include Emperor Thaurissan as he is extremely valuablein cmbo decks, such as yours. Power Word: Tentacles are probably too slow and seem like the weak chain link. If it's not so, include him in any card you feel is weak in the deck.
You can include one Entomb in place of Holy Nova, Lightbomb, or Shadow Word: Death, depending on your matchups, to deal with deathrattle minions and minions with 4 attack.

@positiv2 ty for your reply, 

I just changed some of the cards in an similar way you suggested me a few games ago. As you said the pyromancer fits decent in the Spot of nat pagle and synergies very good with acolyte of pain.

Im same opinion that one copy of Faceless shambler seem to be more reliable. In my experience while Playing with the Deck the faceless shambler was mainly some Kind of survibility card, to protect you from face damage or your other minions from beeing destroyed. Of course or was used to Set up lethal or pressure the enemy too. Therefore I tryed to cut one copy or it for a more reliable 4 drop that provides some Kind of survibility. 

I know "Power word: tentacles" is considered as (too) slow.

I experienced that you need many early drops to make this card work well As you can go for velens chosen turn 3, faceless shambler turn 4 and Power word: tentacles On turn 5 in best case... It curves very good and you are able to keep up with enemy minions health to overwhelm the enemy :) 

Example:

turn 3 = Zombie (on board) + velens choosen --> 4/7,

turn 4 faceless,

turn 5: Power word ---> 6/13

(6 damage range is enough for almost all enemy 5 drops) 

Tentacle gives me the Steam to keep things rolling and prevent that low mana minion loose relevance by time

I would really love to take entomb in this deck, it is a powerful card

BUT: there is a glitch/bug or whatever that result in shuffle djinni from board into your deck as it copies the spell you cast on the enemy minion! That makes the card sadly unplayable in the deck... 

My changes: 

-1 Nat pagle / +1 wild pyromancer

-1 faceless shambler / +1 priest of the feast

-1 northshire cleric / +1 arcane anomaly

-1 confuse / +1 acolyte of pain 

15 hours ago, Highfish said:

BUT: there is a glitch/bug or whatever that result in shuffle djinni from board into your deck as it copies the spell you cast on the enemy minion! That makes the card sadly unplayable in the deck... 

My bad, I thought that they fixed it already as it was acknowledged in the first week of Djinni of Zephyrs' release. So, maybe second Shadow Word: Death or one Shadow Word: Pain in case Arcane Anomaly won't work that well.

As for the other changes, Northshire Cleric is a very strong card draw engine and should be kept in two copies.

Y1VXZre.png

Here's a Worgen OTK Warrior deck I've modified for my rank, yet it doesn't want to work as intended.
A bit of explanation:
                                   2x Ravaging Ghoul -> 2x Whirlwind ,
                                   3 mana 1 aoe dmg -> 1 mana 1 aoe dmg + it's a spell, so Wild Pyromancer synergy for more board clear.  Didn't see much use of the 3/3 body, it's either removed the following turn with a weak removal/minion or ignored completely because my face is about to get beaten inside out.

1x Cruel Taskmaster -> 1x Eater of Secrets , here's why. Many of the times I have to fish out my full deck because that full combo Charge/Rampage is somewhere at the bottom and I won't have enough damage without it. Don't have to be a genius to understand it's an OTK versus you nowadays, so many mages/hunters just throw in an Ice Block/Vaporize/Freezing Trap/Snipe even and wait for me to concede.

The problem is that after 6 games with this version of the deck I had to concede early on a lot because all of a sudden my 'draw card' cards started vanishing. Some of the combo pieces + some removals in hand, Loot Hoarder/Acolyte of Pain/Battle Rage are not in after mulligans and not in the first 10, even 15 cards constantly. What did I break?

What I've tried before - throwing in a second Rampage, adding two Bloodhoof Brave, more Cruel Taskmaster etc... didn't end up so well too.

Any advice? Should I revert to the standart netdeck OTK? Maybe some other cards that might help, from your experience?

Thanks in advance!

You are really underestimating Ravanging Ghoul, especially in this deck. It clears, it fights on its own, it has synergy with Commanding Shout and Battle Rage - whose are, by the way, deck's engines - and is generally awesome. Whirlwind synergizes with Pyromancer but that's it - in terms of value, Ghoul is way better.

I can understand Eater of Secrets as a concession to artificial popularity of Hunters. Taskmaster is a tech slot anyways.

I can understand your struggle with OTK Warrior as I'm yet to win a game after 15 tries. This is not an easy deck and it's metagame position is mediocre at best. Be patient and good luck.

@ParacelActually, if you have the combo of Wild Pyromancer+Commanding Shout, Whirlwind is better as it is a 2-dmg AoE, while Ravaging Ghoul is only 1-dmg, so I'd say that Whirlwind has better synergy with Commanding Shout than Ravaging Ghoul. It is also cheaper and therefore easier to combo with other cards. Ravaging Ghoul is better only because of his body, but as you say, that body is really important.