The Rate/Improve my deck thread.

1 hour ago, FanOfValeera said:

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to create a Reno Mage;

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/658203-renocontrol

And this is my collection;

http://www.hearthpwn.com/members/FanOfValeera/collection

What replacements should I make here?

Looks alright. Who do you have problems playing against?

11 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

Looks alright. Who do you have problems playing against?

Only played in casual actually. Several secret midrange hunters (1-3), totem shamans (1-1), N'zoth paladins (2-1), and some other decks, I couldn't really understand their archetypes.

In general, I am at nearly 50% though, which is not great really.

Edited by FanOfValeera

1 hour ago, FanOfValeera said:

Only played in casual actually. Several secret midrange hunters (1-3), totem shamans (1-1), N'zoth paladins (2-1), and some other decks, I couldn't really understand their archetypes.

Could you post some replays, to see the deck's weaknesses and strenghts without having to craft Forbidden Flame :P

2 hours ago, FanOfValeera said:

Teching in an Acidic Swamp Ooze might help. All three classes use weapons to pressure you.

• Like 1

On 27/10/2016 at 9:51 AM, positiv2 said:

To have a strong Malygos deck, you need to run very cheap spells. That's why Arcane Missiles might be a good idea, maybe in place of Cult Sorcerer. Not sure about the rest, but I will try the deck and see.

From what I've seen when playing against Malygos decks, players often play Barnes on turn 4, which is a misplay. Most of the minions you have can be combed with something. especially Malygos himself, which means you should play it on later turns.

Okay, I refined the deck a little further. Gave Barnes the boot (Nothing personel, but that was one Doomsayer too many!) along with one of the Doomsayers and replaced them with the card drawing Coldlight Oracle. Not certain it is optimal since it offers my opponent cards as well, but it helps digging through the deck at speed to hit the necessary combo pieces.

Still open to any suggestions. I read you about extra cheap spells, but I need something to lure painful things away from my face while I build up the necessary cards. And (for some weird reason) spell damage minions tend to be priority targets.

Scaly Behind v2.png

Edited by Keizoku

Hey folks!

I've been playing hearthstone for quite a while but my only goal used to be to get coins for arena. Figured I should give ranked a try and made a priest control deck. It has been a slow climb forcing my way through C'thun and dragon decks but I finally got to rank 10. I'm kind of stuck and really afraid to play because I've never been this high in the ranks before (never went above rank 20 >.>)

Any suggestions to make my deck better?

My deck

Collection

Thanks in advance!

13 hours ago, RnRoger said:

Hey folks!

I've been playing hearthstone for quite a while but my only goal used to be to get coins for arena. Figured I should give ranked a try and made a priest control deck. It has been a slow climb forcing my way through C'thun and dragon decks but I finally got to rank 10. I'm kind of stuck and really afraid to play because I've never been this high in the ranks before (never went above rank 20 >.>)

Any suggestions to make my deck better?

My deck

Collection

Thanks in advance!

Well, two Mind Controls are slow, even for a control deck. You may think they have really good synergy with Medivh, the Guardian, but don't forget, many 10 drops in the game are used because of their battlecries (such as C'ThunYogg-Saron, Hope's End, and N'Zoth, the Corruptor), so it is not as consistent as you'd think. Also, I did not understand the point of 2 Mind Visions, while even one is not really added to most decks. You should definitely add both copies of Velen's Chosen, probably instead of them.

Also, card draw is the main problem of control priest, and Northshire Clerics can really help you in combination with Velen's Chosen, but for that, you should really add that one copy Wild Pyromancer and Circle of Healing so it can draw huge amount of cards at once. You can add them maybe instead of two Troggs.

Also, you have 2 copies of Zombie Chow, which is a great 1-drop for a priest deck. You may replace 2 Arcane Anomaly with them.

Add Deathlords, card is good, one for Annoy-o-Tron maybe and one for Mana Addict (not sure about this one though)

Barnes does not have good targets and it is a suspicious addition to a priest deck I think. Add the second Sludge Belcher.

These suggestions are intact only if you're asking about a classic control priest for wild, and since you did not include any specific information, I'll accept it as that.

On 10/24/2016 at 10:51 PM, positiv2 said:

@TheEvisceratorWhat about Sylvanas Windrunner? Do you have her?

You shouldn't run 4 secrets. 2 are okay, one of each. This also means you shouldn't be running Kirin Tor Mages. Barnes does not have enough good minions to be worth running. Mirror Images are too small to make difference, and mage has enough ways to activate Archmage AntonidasFlamewaker and Mana Wyrm. If you want draw, don't use Loot Hoarder - use Arcane Intellect instead. Loatheb has little use in the deck as you don't have a board that needs protection. Sylvanas Windrunner is simply too slow for a tempo mage deck. Polymorph is too slow and will be useless in an aggro matchup - Polymorph: Boar on the other hand is a versatile card and can be used in both aggro and control matchups. Consider running Flamecannons over Sludge Belchers as you should be the one putting pressure on the opponent.
Now you have 9 empty spots in the deck: second Frostbolt and 2x Fireball are too good to be left out. You should include 2x Sorcerer's Apprentices and 2x Arcane Missiles to improve combos with Flamewakerand Archmage AntonidasAzure Drakes are very useful and should be run in two copies.

nope i dont,in fact the only non adventure legends i have are leeroy vancleef and thalnos...cries.speaking of which i made a ramp druid deck,how is it?

2innervate

2roots

2idol

1doomsayer

2wild growth

2wrath

1feral rage

1 mulch

2mire keeper

2swipe

2drake

2nourish

1emperor

2moonglade portal

2bog creeper

1medivh

1rafaam

2arcane giants

Im on a 4 game losing streak at rank 14,just wanna get help before i lose more lol

3 hours ago, FanOfValeera said:

Well, two Mind Controls are slow, even for a control deck. You may think they have really good synergy with Medivh, the Guardian, but don't forget, many 10 drops in the game are used because of their battlecries (such as C'ThunYogg-Saron, Hope's End, and N'Zoth, the Corruptor), so it is not as consistent as you'd think. Also, I did not understand the point of 2 Mind Visions, while even one is not really added to most decks. You should definitely add both copies of Velen's Chosen, probably instead of them.

Also, card draw is the main problem of control priest, and Northshire Clerics can really help you in combination with Velen's Chosen, but for that, you should really add that one copy Wild Pyromancer and Circle of Healing so it can draw huge amount of cards at once. You can add them maybe instead of two Troggs.

Also, you have 2 copies of Zombie Chow, which is a great 1-drop for a priest deck. You may replace 2 Arcane Anomaly with them.

Add Deathlords, card is good, one for Annoy-o-Tron maybe and one for Mana Addict (not sure about this one though)

Barnes does not have good targets and it is a suspicious addition to a priest deck I think. Add the second Sludge Belcher.

These suggestions are intact only if you're asking about a classic control priest for wild, and since you did not include any specific information, I'll accept it as that.

I know that the 10 drops it gives aren't that amazing (except the 12/12 Deathwing, Dragonlord), but the combined effect with stealing an enemy minion provides me with some end game punch which I don't have in minions. I don't really have drawing problems so relying on a 2 card combo seems a bit risky.

Also rather wouldn't add Deathlord because knowing my rng my enemies will get the best possible drop every time.

Barnes provides me with early defense which I often need, and is also pretty great when it draws a Sludge Belcher or Infested Tauren

I'll try out some of these changes though and see which ones work.

I didn't really have any plans with this deck constructed just to play yogg... until I actually ranked a lot.

1 hour ago, RnRoger said:

Also, can I get some opinions about yogg? He has saved me several times, but also failed me often. Is there a good alternative?

Yogg is still the potential game changer he once was, you just have to be more prepared to lose him now, with the "dying stops the battlecry" thing.

I still run him in the majority of the decks that I once did. As for alternatives, there is nothing in the game that has more of a potential impact on the game. If you want something consistent, I would cut the cards suggested by Fan, add deathrattles and go for N'zoth.

@KeizokuColdlight Oracle is a no-go in current shaman meta. Novice Engineers are a better choice for card draw.

@TheEvisceratorMedivh, the GuardianArch-Thief Rafaam and Arcane Giants are not exactly great picks in old-school ramp druid. Medivh, the Guardian blocks your hero power. Arch-Thief Rafaam is way too slow, even for ramp druid. You don't run rnough spells to make Arcane Giant high-value cards. Considering you have low dust amount, go for Darnassus Aspirants, Ancient of Wars or Sen'jin Shieldmasta (or a combination).

5 hours ago, Blainie said:

Thalnos? Or Battlecry > DR?

More like that I don't have Bloodmage Thalnos yet (and he's only second on the craft list behind Ragnaros the Firelord), so I was experimenting with what cards I have. Sottle, Trump & co seemed to think the drawback of Coldlight Oracle was worth it in this deck, so I went with that at first.

In the end though, it's not that great of a deck. Either you draw (enough of) the combo, Emperor Thaurissan and Malygos in time and you win; or you lose. Play with it for an hour, you've seen everything it can offer.

Oh well, at least it was worth it just for that one memorable victory against my nemesis C'Thun Control Warrior where I nuked the (censored) for over fifty damage one turn in my most memorable Palpatine-like "UNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNLIMITID POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" moment in Hearthstone so far!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Blainie said:

Thalnos? Or Battlecry > DR?

I thought about Bloodmage Thalnos, but then I remembered that Keizoku might not have him. If you do (or for @Keizoku, once you get him), include him over the Novice Engineer, as the deck's main win condition is Malygos combo, which is very expensive mana-wise, and drawing with Novice Engineer rather than with Bloodmage Thalnos will not help you as often as the +1 spell damage. Good catch!

2 hours ago, Keizoku said:

More like that I don't have Bloodmage Thalnos yet (and he's only second on the craft list behind Ragnaros the Firelord), so I was experimenting with what cards I have. Sottle, Trump & co seemed to think the drawback of Coldlight Oracle was worth it in this deck, so I went with that at first.

The Malygos plays the long game and giving your opponent the option to draw for free will do more harm than good. Now, when you play the aggro freeze deck, you want to draw huge amounts of cards in order to burn your opponent down before they can utilize their cards drawn by Coldlight Oracle.
Basically, you should not play Coldlight Oracle in control/midrange decks, but you could play it in an aggro deck that does not care about minions (due to Coldlight Oracle's bad stats).

2 hours ago, Keizoku said:

In the end though, it's not that great of a deck. Either you draw (enough of) the combo, Emperor Thaurissan and Malygos in time and you win; or you lose. Play with it for an hour, you've seen everything it can offer.

Do you have the dragon core cards, such as Twilight Guardian or Blackwing Corruptor? You could go the same way as malylock by adding proactive plays.

Hello all, first time posting, long time follower of a lot of the guides here on this site. 

I used to play HS quite frequently when it first came out and I had been keeping up to date by one of my RL friends but I decided to come back and ask for everyone's help. 

Deck Image: I will be putting my Druid deck image on here

Available cards: Don’t have a lot of what people would call staples, I can save up gold for packs and dust to craft whatever is needed.

Amount of adventure wings: I have no adventure wings at all, I know this may be a problem and I am working on rectifying that.

Current rank on ladder: 20, I need help J

Mah Druid.png

10 hours ago, OzPsych0 said:

Mah Druid.png

You're missing the best card in Druid - Innervate.

I don't like a lot of Mire Keeper when your curve is low. This guy tends to be pretty bad if you never get to utilize his Wild Growth mode hard. You also have a ton of 4-drops already.

I also don't like Addled Grizzly at all. It makes some justice that all good beast 3-drops are from adventures atm, but the case still stands. You can run some cheap beasts here for Mark of Ysharaj, like Bloodfen Raptor that's surprisingly no different from Huge Toad.

Starfall is very mediocre and playing 2 Starfire would serve you much better.

I would increase Drake and Teacher count to 2 both, these are very strong midrange threats that also synergize with Innervate.

Ironbark is pretty meh. I get it that you want a top-end but the rest of your deck can overpower midgame pretty hard so you don't really need it. You also already have a Taunt in Druid of the Claw. Nourish is OK for a refill.

Beast Druid really thrives on adventure cards, specifically One Night in Karazhan allstarts - The Curator and Menagerie Warden. I suggest you generally move towards picking up this adventure, as it is full of playables. Older expansions contribute to Beast Druid as well, but rotation is only 4 months away.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Paracel said:

You're missing the best card in Druid - Innervate.

I don't like a lot of Mire Keeper when your curve is low. This guy tends to be pretty bad if you never get to utilize his Wild Growth mode hard. You also have a ton of 4-drops already.

I also don't like Addled Grizzly at all. It makes some justice that all good beast 3-drops are from adventures atm, but the case still stands. You can run some cheap beasts here for Mark of Ysharaj, like Bloodfen Raptor that's surprisingly no different from Huge Toad.

Starfall is very mediocre and playing 2 Starfire would serve you much better.

I would increase Drake and Teacher count to 2 both, these are very strong midrange threats that also synergize with Innervate.

Ironbark is pretty meh. I get it that you want a top-end but the rest of your deck can overpower midgame pretty hard so you don't really need it. You also already have a Taunt in Druid of the Claw. Nourish is OK for a refill.

Beast Druid really thrives on adventure cards, specifically One Night in Karazhan allstarts - The Curator and Menagerie Warden. I suggest you generally move towards picking up this adventure, as it is full of playables. Older expansions contribute to Beast Druid as well, but rotation is only 4 months away.

Thanks a lot for the feedback Paracel!

Yeah I have been unsure about Addled Grizzly myself, also thanks heaps for recommending Starfire, I had a whole lot of trouble trying to decide between the two. Well, looks like I know what I am saving up for, thanks again Paracel ^_^

The current deck I am trying out, jade druid deck.  Input is welcome.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/druid#120:2;280:2;282:1;503:1;548:2;587:1;602:1;620:2;633:2;22383:1;27230:2;35208:1;35210:2;42049:2;49703:2;49706:1;49708:2;49714:2;49718:1;

Some cards I am considering, a second wild growth, baron geddon, maybe a single copy of auctioneer for shenanigans and living roots.  The obvious cut for geddon is rag, but I am undecided on which one to include.  Other then that, mulch, the druid and one of the copies of feral rage are the flex slots I feel.  I really like the rage as an answer to totem golem and mulch is just generally useful I find, and I like the extra 5 drop for the 3>5 mana ramp since I have 2 copies of the jade blossoms, so that slot feels a little more valuable then normal.

Can anyone help me do a Shaman deck? I just unlocked Morgl and really wanna play shaman, i only have 50 dust but am capable of getting some packs. So anyone wanna do one for me with 2000-3000 dust which would include thalnos?

3 hours ago, vatu said:

Can anyone help me do a Shaman deck? I just unlocked Morgl and really wanna play shaman, i only have 50 dust but am capable of getting some packs. So anyone wanna do one for me with 2000-3000 dust which would include thalnos?

Hey, what cards are you missing from this deck? Midrange shaman is currently the most oppressive deck and you should try to get to it as close as possible.

25 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

Hey, what cards are you missing from this deck? Midrange shaman is currently the most oppressive deck and you should try to get to it as close as possible.

Well since you need LoE / Kara adventures to get great cards for a decent midrange shaman deck, I'm missing both stories. Midrange shaman would only cost me 1500-3000 dust, since i have thalnos and maybe 5-10 other cards from it

29 minutes ago, vatu said:

Well since you need LoE / Kara adventures to get great cards for a decent midrange shaman deck, I'm missing both stories. Midrange shaman would only cost me 1500-3000 dust, since i have thalnos and maybe 5-10 other cards from it

You can include second Fire Elemental, 2x Argent Squire, 2x Flamewreathed Faceless and Sylvanas Windrunner or Acidic Swamp Ooze in place of the adventure cards.