FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sottle

The Rate/Improve my deck thread.

@KingMeSelfless Hero is too small in a deck that has so many end-game minions. I would recommend you to play some 2-drops instead, such as Wild Pyromancer or even one copy of Equality, as you might find yourself falling behind on board in the early turns.
Emperor Cobra is too slow and fragile - it's a removal that takes extra turn to work, and does not even work past taunts. Keeper of Uldaman should be better. 

Interesting idea for a priest deck (note: I doubt this deck will be super competitive, but I think its still worth getting feed back on)

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/priest#241:1;280:2;315:2;409:2;415:1;431:2;547:1;600:1;671:1;14437:2;14441:1;14447:1;14454:1;14460:2;22276:1;22351:2;22398:2;27214:1;27238:1;42035:1;42039:2;

Now I have yet to test this deck out, I still need to craft a couple of the cards, but a friend and I were talking about the viability of dragon priest and we sort of brainstormed this.  The deck runs a pretty hefty burst set in emperor, maly, the two smites and mind blast, which gives up to 24 burst from hand, which is mainly their to help close out the game against control decks, while the smites provide additional early game against aggressive decks.  Most of the rest of the deck is built around a solid early game, to basically out board aggressive and mid range decks.  Some potential problems I see in the deck is a weakness in the three drop slot (zoobot seems fairly weak but the deck really needs a 4th 3 drop minion any suggestions are welcome), only one copy of entomb will make the N'zoth match ups fairly rough but I am hoping that there is enough burst to close it out, and lastly I feel like the deck lacks card draw, to consistently draw its combo against control.  For the last problem I am thinking about including a curator suite in the deck, but the best beast to include is the kodo, and the five drop slot is already pretty heavy, and there really aren't any other great picks for beasts, for murlocs I would add in a single copy of coldlight to increase the draw power of the deck against control.

I like the Malygos notion, but there is a huge roadblock ahead of you and his name is Anduin Wrynn. 

I will illustrate my words with this simple syllogism :

1)Malygos shenanigans require you to draw a bunch of cards.

2)Priest is notoriously bad at drawing cards.

3)Priest is notoriously bad at Malygos shenanigans. 

The only powerful card draw option Priest has is Northshire Cleric, that takes a lot of setup and suffers very much from collateral damage from Tunnel Trogg hate. Ever since we lost Velen's Chosen things were bad for her. And because of that, the perpetual problem of Dragon Priest cards being not good enough strikes even harder. It's hard to outboard your enemies because they get to play better toys. And you don't get to outgrind them either. And you can't draw into your wacky combo stuff.

If you really want to go Malygos route, your 3-drop is obviously Acolyte of Pain, not Zoobot. Barnes is mandatory. Get rid of the bad cards like Dragonkin Sorcerer and focus on actually getting to late game, with control stuff like Chillmaw and Excavated Evil. Especially Chillmaw. 

Regarding Evil vs. Holy Nova - Evil is The Sweeper Card you want to play, because way too often Nova is not enough, but I think for Dragon shells, Nova is slightly better. You actually have minions to heal, and the synergy with Northshire Cleric is so crucial. Also it hits face with Malygos (once in a lifetime).

With all that in mind, I won't promise your Dragon Priest suddenly becomes good, but that would be a stepping stone. 

• Like 1

Hey guys! So I started playing Hearthstone shortly after release, stopped, and returned just a few days in time to get the free old gods packs. Back in the day my favorite class was Druid and my favorite deck was fatigue/mulligan druid that I took to rank 8. I just loved the idea of a fun and creative deck. Returning to the game I fell in love with C'thun Druid but often felt oppressed by aggro early decks like Murloc Paladin and Trogger Shamans. In response I started play silly decks that were just fun but I can't seem to get past Rank 15. Could you guys help me out with how I could improve this deck?

The idea spawned from Medivh + Arch Thief combo. It just sounded SO fun to try out, but obviously I have to survive the early mid game to even come close to this combo even being played. So here's are my ideas to deal with these problematic match-ups:

1. Early game: I add low mana beast or "choose one" beast cards to gain board control or reactive minions to TRY force the opponent to respond to them instead of face.

2. Tons of damageto face: I run Healing Touch, Bite, and Moonglade portal (also juicy Medivh value) to try and stall for later turns. I also add in Reno to hopefully save my vulnerable body.

3. I try to rush into the mid-late game asap like all druids with innervate, wild growth, darnassus, mire keeper.

4. I find myself running our of cards quickly so I make sure to add Azure Drake, Wrath, Nourish, and recently Acolyte (not sure if worth quite yet).

Because I end up wanting to use beasts, I love having double azure drake, and I run Reno I tossed in Curator. 2 card draw and a taunt so it didn't seem terrible to me. Finally to buff my late game I toss in Prince Malchezar and Thaurissan. What do you guys think? Fun, creative, and worth playing or just straight up garbage haha also let me know if there are any additions or removals that I should consider. Thanks so much guys!

Deck: http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/druid#548:1;42024:1;22329:1;27230:1;22303:1;22307:1;33151:1;165:1;282:1;633:1;428:1;14457:1;258:1;27253:1;266:1;35208:1;33162:1;620:1;280:2;587:1;120:1;42031:1;464:1;14454:1;42040:1;27228:1;42022:1;42036:1;27254:1

My Collection: http://www.hearthpwn.com/members/Wakkafloppa/collection

3 hours ago, GGDisobey said:

Hey guys! So I started playing Hearthstone shortly after release, stopped, and returned just a few days in time to get the free old gods packs. Back in the day my favorite class was Druid and my favorite deck was fatigue/mulligan druid that I took to rank 8. I just loved the idea of a fun and creative deck. Returning to the game I fell in love with C'thun Druid but often felt oppressed by aggro early decks like Murloc Paladin and Trogger Shamans. In response I started play silly decks that were just fun but I can't seem to get past Rank 15. Could you guys help me out with how I could improve this deck?

The idea spawned from Medivh + Arch Thief combo. It just sounded SO fun to try out, but obviously I have to survive the early mid game to even come close to this combo even being played. So here's are my ideas to deal with these problematic match-ups:

1. Early game: I add low mana beast or "choose one" beast cards to gain board control or reactive minions to TRY force the opponent to respond to them instead of face.

2. Tons of damageto face: I run Healing Touch, Bite, and Moonglade portal (also juicy Medivh value) to try and stall for later turns. I also add in Reno to hopefully save my vulnerable body.

3. I try to rush into the mid-late game asap like all druids with innervate, wild growth, darnassus, mire keeper.

4. I find myself running our of cards quickly so I make sure to add Azure Drake, Wrath, Nourish, and recently Acolyte (not sure if worth quite yet).

Because I end up wanting to use beasts, I love having double azure drake, and I run Reno I tossed in Curator. 2 card draw and a taunt so it didn't seem terrible to me. Finally to buff my late game I toss in Prince Malchezar and Thaurissan. What do you guys think? Fun, creative, and worth playing or just straight up garbage haha also let me know if there are any additions or removals that I should consider. Thanks so much guys!

Deck: http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/druid#548:1;42024:1;22329:1;27230:1;22303:1;22307:1;33151:1;165:1;282:1;633:1;428:1;14457:1;258:1;27253:1;266:1;35208:1;33162:1;620:1;280:2;587:1;120:1;42031:1;464:1;14454:1;42040:1;27228:1;42022:1;42036:1;27254:1

My Collection: http://www.hearthpwn.com/members/Wakkafloppa/collection

Hey there! Some card swaps i would suggest just by looking at the deck, if i have time i will try it and add more swaps, or inform you about how the changes are performing :

• Healing Touch for Feral Rage : Provides the same heal, plus a clear option, synergy with Fandral Staghelm
  • Bite for Violet Teacher : Since you add Feral Rage, Bite isn't quite usefull, also the teacher synergises well with Power of the Wild.
  • 1x Azure Drake for 1x Stranglethorn Tiger : Card draw and spell damage are sweet but in a Reno Jackson deck, running 2 ofs can cause a lot of trouble when you desperately need Reno,
  • I think you definitely need a Mulch in a control deck, but im not entirely sure on what i would cut. Maybe Darnassus Aspirant?
  • I also don't like Prince Malchezaar. I think that druid does not have enough powerfull control tools, like warrior does for example, in order to have such stability on board, so that you don't care about drawing one legendary. Against aggro decks, most of the times when i play druid, i find myself praying for that swipe topdeck. Anyway, that's just me. I guess if you like you either add something like Cenarius or Ancient of War in its place, or if you feel that your late game cannot beat control decks, maybe add Elise Starseeker in its place.

Well, that's all for now, i will tell you how the testing went if i have some time.

PS ; Bloodmage Thalnos would be amazing in the deck, but i see that you don't have him. I suggest crafting Mulch tho, cause its much easier to craft an epic than a legendary. dust-wise.

Edited by CodeRazor

1 minute ago, CodeRazor said:

• I also don't like Prince Malchezaar. I think that druid does not have enough powerfull control tools, like warrior does for example, in order to have such stability on board, so that you don't care about drawing one legendary. Against aggro decks, most of the times when i play druid, i find myself praying for that swipe topdeck. Anyway, that's just me. I guess if you like you either add something like Cenarius or Ancient of War in its place, or if you feel that your late game cannot beat control decks, maybe add Elise Starseeker in its place.

I haven't tested Malch in any of my decks, but does he tell you which Legendaries are added? If not, you might be caught out on Reno, especially when you run 7 legendaries in the deck.

Just now, Blainie said:

I haven't tested Malch in any of my decks, but does he tell you which Legendaries are added? If not, you might be caught out on Reno, especially when you run 7 legendaries in the deck.

Correct me if i'm wrong, i think it doesn't add legendaries that already exist in the deck.

3 hours ago, CodeRazor said:

Correct me if i'm wrong, i think it doesn't add legendaries that already exist in the deck.

You are indeed correct. It looks like it only adds legendaries that aren't in the deck, as well as still obeying the normal deck building rules (can't add a Hunter legendary to a Mage deck).

9 hours ago, CodeRazor said:

Hey there! Some card swaps i would suggest just by looking at the deck, if i have time i will try it and add more swaps, or inform you about how the changes are performing :

• Healing Touch for Feral Rage : Provides the same heal, plus a clear option, synergy with Fandral Staghelm
  • Bite for Violet Teacher : Since you add Feral Rage, Bite isn't quite usefull, also the teacher synergises well with Power of the Wild.
  • 1x Azure Drake for 1x Stranglethorn Tiger : Card draw and spell damage are sweet but in a Reno Jackson deck, running 2 ofs can cause a lot of trouble when you desperately need Reno,
  • I think you definitely need a Mulch in a control deck, but im not entirely sure on what i would cut. Maybe Darnassus Aspirant?

Well, that's all for now, i will tell you how the testing went if i have some time.

PS ; Bloodmage Thalnos would be amazing in the deck, but i see that you don't have him. I suggest crafting Mulch tho, cause its much easier to craft an epic than a legendary. dust-wise.

Awesome thanks for your feedback!! I really appreciate it, you made points that I hadn't ever thought about.

Ok, so I've made a cheap tempo mage, which I tried a bit around lower ranks with reasonable success;

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/mage#4:2;30:1;56:1;177:2;263:2;274:2;280:2;489:2;522:2;569:2;589:2;595:1;12290:1;14445:2;35239:2;42025:1;42028:2;42036:1;

And this is my collection;

http://www.hearthpwn.com/members/FanOfValeera/collection

Any suggestions, or craft ideas? I have around 1000 dust but there are some decks that I want to try, so there are some epics I really wanna check, anything worth here?

I am so sorry, there is a flame leviathan which is actually a flamestrike :)

Edited by FanOfValeera
wrong card addition

11 minutes ago, FanOfValeera said:

Ok, so I've made a cheap tempo mage, which I tried a bit around lower ranks with reasonable success;

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/mage#4:2;30:1;56:1;177:2;263:2;274:2;280:2;489:2;522:2;569:2;589:2;595:1;12290:1;14445:2;35239:2;42025:1;42028:2;42036:1;

And this is my collection;

http://www.hearthpwn.com/members/FanOfValeera/collection

Any suggestions, or craft ideas? I have around 1000 dust but there are some decks that I want to try, so there are some epics I really wanna check, anything worth here?

I am so sorry, there is a flame leviathan which is actually a flamestrike :)

Fixed the Flame Leviathan/Flamestrike for you: link.
As for the deck itself, Arcane Explosion does basically nothing and should be swapped with a more impactful card, such as Firelands Portal
Polymorph doesn't grant you enough tempo and there aren't enough high-value targets in current meta. You might want to add Faceless Summoner simply for the stats.
Running double Mirror Entity in standard is not a good idea. You will often end up with a bad minion or even Doomsayer, which can be really bad for your gameplan. Second Firelands Portal and second Flamestrike are better cards to be run instead.

Hey everyone! :)

Just finished making my first deck ever and would love to hear some criticism (please be honest, promise not to cry... much :P)  and some improvement suggestions.

Deck is attached in screenshoot (Sea Giant card is missing since it was too long to fit).

The starting point for the deck was Sottle's basic priest deck from here

My collection (quite thin one though) can be seen here (well, presuming I didn't messed it up when installing that innkeeper thingy).

Any criticism, feedback and mostly suggestions would be highly appreciated and I want to thank you in advance for any answer (well, presuming there will be any - hahaha).

Cheers,

Alex

Hearthstone Screenshot 09-20-16 02.47.07.png

I've made a very cheap Aggro Beast Druid (760) dust with only free cards, common cards, and cards from the LoE adventure.

I've played this deck quite a bit in ranked (EU) over the last 2 days and it's gotten me to the highest rank I have ever been.

At rank 4 it went 7-1 and at rank 3 climbing started to stagnate and it went 17-12 before hitting rank 2, and I'm not sure if this is normal.

Is this a clear sign that my deck isn't legend viable? The fact that it took almost 30 games to get from rank 3 to rank 2 is worrying. I'm wondering if I made any really poor card choices anywhere in the deck. The card I feel is the weakest in the deck is Abusive Sergeant, I'm not sure if it is good enough for the deck.

Stas VS Druid : 3-1

VS Hunters : 5-0

VS Mages : 2-3

VS Paladins : None Played.

VS Priests : None Played

VS Rogues : 1-1

VS Shamans : 7-3

VS Warlocks : 2-1

VS Warriors : 4-4 (The matchup against control warriors is EXTREMELY bad but the matchup against Dragon Warriors is good)

HSCheapBeastAggroDecklist1.jpeg

Edited by Rubidium

2 hours ago, Rubidium said:

I've made a very cheap Aggro Beast Druid (760) dust with only free cards, common cards, and cards from the LoE adventure.

Same for this one too, it's on my to-check list after work :D

Filling in the community duty!

@Alexandra Your screenshot is not really comely and hard to read. I tell you one thing right off the bat - when constructing decks you should look to optimize your strategy as much as you can. That means maximum of 2-ofs and no tricky unreliable cards. Get a plan, stick to it, play 30 cards that follow it. 

You run Questing Adventurer but your ways to protect it are low on count. You play Sea Giant but your own minion curve is bad for that. Summoning Stone barely has a spell to go with it. You play buff matters cards like Djinni and Drakonid Sorcerer but your only good buffs are Power Word : Shield and Divine Spirit. Drakonid Crusher will hardly ever activate, and Amani Berserker is like "what the hell I'm doing here? It's not Arena!"

If you really want to play a Priest, and in this particular style, I would recommend you to switch to Wild Mode, because there is generally less pressure in it and Priest is actually a good class there. Velen's Chosen is the real deal. Inner Fire + Divine Spirit shenanigans are more functional in the Wild, and there is a #1 card to go to town with : Deathlord.

@Rubidium Dude, you're playing Starfire and expect 5-Leg run to be easy? A month ago I had played around 200 wins with a Zoo deck in a single season not getting above rank 4. And a month ago Zoo was actually a good deck.

Congratz on your success, and I like a couple of your choices, but we all can agree this is not the most optimized deck list for a Beast Druid. The fact you are floating around there not losing WR percentile is already formidable, and it's not like the thing was supposed to be easy anyways.

Edited by Paracel

On 17/09/2016 at 11:06 PM, positiv2 said:

Polymorph doesn't grant you enough tempo and there aren't enough high-value targets in current meta.

I disagree with you here. There are still more than enough decks running high-quality deathrattle minions across the board (Sylvanas Windrunner being the cliché example, but there are others) that including one copy of Polymorph in a Mage deck is warranted.

On top of that, it's worth it just for the hilarity of using it on a Resurrect Priest's first Injured Blademaster and watch him respawn Sheep after Sheep later in the game. 

56 minutes ago, Paracel said:

Filling in the community duty!

@Alexandra Your screenshot is not really comely and hard to read. I tell you one thing right off the bat - when constructing decks you should look to optimize your strategy as much as you can. That means maximum of 2-ofs and no tricky unreliable cards. Get a plan, stick to it, play 30 cards that follow it. 

You run Questing Adventurer but your ways to protect it are low on count. You play Sea Giant but your own minion curve is bad for that. Summoning Stone barely has a spell to go with it. You play buff matters cards like Djinni and Drakonid Sorcerer but your only good buffs are Power Word : Shield and Divine Spirit. Drakonid Crusher will hardly ever activate, and Amani Berserker is like "what the hell I'm doing here? It's not Arena!"

If you really want to play a Priest, and in this particular style, I would recommend you to switch to Wild Mode, because there is generally less pressure in it and Priest is actually a good class there. Velen's Chosen is the real deal. Inner Fire + Divine Spirit shenanigans are more functional in the Wild, and there is a #1 card to go to town with : Deathlord.

First of all BIG THANK YOU for your answer. And, well, as already said, I'm a total noob and the only decks I ever played were the basic decks suggested here on icy-veins, with some occasional small variations to it when I thought that a card I have is obviously better than the one in the suggested basic deck. That being said, I don't aim to get too good ranking (my "personal record" was reaching rank 17, so even rank 15 is just a dream for me at this time :P).

Also, as previously said, is not like I really created this deck, but more like made some heavy-ish modification to the basic priest deck that Sottle suggested here on Icy Veins, because I just like the class more than others. So I guess the "plan" as you call it, remains the one he had in his original deck, and I quote here from that "The general strategy of this deck is to use various high health minions to create a significant presence on the board. This deck favours high health over high attack due to the Priest Hero Power. Using your Hero Power you can create additional value out of your minions by healing them up after they take damage. The second factor to this deck's strategy is the heavy amount of card draw it plays. If your opponent lets a Northshire Cleric stay on board for even 1 or 2 turns the game can quickly get out of control with card draw. Combine this with other card draw cards such as Power Word: Shield and Gnomish Inventor and you will usually find yourself with more options available than your opponent."

- So the reason for Djinni and Drakonid Sorcerer was to try to maximize the possibilities of having (more) high health minions.

- The questing adventurer I usually never play on early rounds, because, as you said, I don't have much means to protect it; the plan is more like to drop it only once I have a djinni on board and in a round where I can also buff his health

- The Drakonid Crusher was pretty much used in lack of better cards (at least in my vision) - the buff is kinda awesome (if it gets to activate), but if not I still find it a card with decent stats considering the alternatives at that mana range that I have in my collection.

- The Sea Giant I used pretty much thinking at fights against those classes which use a lot of minions, and even with just two minions on board, I still don't have a better high stats card in my collection.

- The Amani Berseker (and Sunfudy Protector) I just used to replace the River Crocolisks from the original deck - same stats, but these two also have a little extra.

- And the summoning stone... dunno, really dunno, probably just because I liked it - lol

Could you please suggest some changes based on the cards I have?

Your first pickups, as I've mentioned, should be Velen's Chosen and Gilblin Stalker, and then Inner Fire. Run 2 Drakonid Crusher and never ever play less than 2 Northshire Cleric. This should already increase your chances as Slience is on the decline and "oops i win" can happen pretty easily. Then, a pair of Deathlord. Once you try the combo you'll never want to go back.

You can find space for Resurrect and Acolyte of Pain. Card draw is scarce, and a 2-mana spell makes a good filler even if you are not dedicated to it. You already run Injured Blademaster, so you're good, even slotting in Circle of Healing as a 1-of for possible synergies is not a bad idea. 

I said what you should get rid of, awkward stuff that is hard to use. I also dont like Emperor Thaurissan here but i guess it's fine.

4 hours ago, Paracel said:

@Rubidium Dude, you're playing Starfire and expect 5-Leg run to be easy? A month ago I had played around 200 wins with a Zoo deck in a single season not getting above rank 4. And a month ago Zoo was actually a good deck.

Congratz on your success, and I like a couple of your choices, but we all can agree this is not the most optimized deck list for a Beast Druid. The fact you are floating around there not losing WR percentile is already formidable, and it's not like the thing was supposed to be easy anyways.

I dunno dude. I've never done a 5-legend run before, but from rank 10 to rank 4 I only lost 1 game and I kinda expected it to get harder but not that much harder.

Yeah starfire is a card that isn't the highest quality card, but the package of dealing 5 damage face and drawing a card is kind of exactly what this deck wants for its high mana cost cards to just add that reach and search for more burn while doing so at the same time. There weren't too many attractive options for reach. Like if you compare it to Druid of the Claw, you pay 1 mana less to do 1 less face damage, and you get a 4/4 body instead of drawing a card. Because in most cases that 4/4 body doesnt stick around very long unless you innervated it out on turn 3 or something, it doesn't do more damage face than starfire on average as starfire might draw into more face damage like Swipe or Argent horserider.

6 hours ago, Paracel said:

Your first pickups, as I've mentioned, should be Velen's Chosen and Gilblin Stalker, and then Inner Fire. Run 2 Drakonid Crusher and never ever play less than 2 Northshire Cleric. This should already increase your chances as Slience is on the decline and "oops i win" can happen pretty easily. Then, a pair of Deathlord. Once you try the combo you'll never want to go back.

You can find space for Resurrect and Acolyte of Pain. Card draw is scarce, and a 2-mana spell makes a good filler even if you are not dedicated to it. You already run Injured Blademaster, so you're good, even slotting in Circle of Healing as a 1-of for possible synergies is not a bad idea. 

I said what you should get rid of, awkward stuff that is hard to use. I also dont like Emperor Thaurissan here but i guess it's fine.

First of all thank you again for continuing to replay me. :)

Indeed your first suggestions sound awesome, but problem is that I don't have neither Velen's Chosen, Inner Fire, Gilbin Stalker of Deathlord in my collection, so while sure awesome your first paragraph suggestions don't really fit me. :( Also a particular confusion I have is about the Drakonid Crusher, since in your first message you suggested me to remove it since it will almost never activate, while in the second one you told me to add a second one; I would like further clarifications to this if possible.

On the other hand, I do have Resurrect and since I don't run many cards with battlecries, I guess it would indeed be a nice addition; I also have the Acolyte of Pain and I can add it too (although I think I have enough cards drawing mechanics via clerics, but I'll trust that you know better). The question was what cards to replace and I ended up removing the Summoning Stone, the Amani Berseker and then the other two 2-mana cards (the Acidic Swamp ooze and the Sunfury Protector) because it would be really terrible if the Resurect would bring them back instead of any other more useful mob. Now the problem that I see is that I have almost no cards to play 'till round three and by that time my opponent should already have quite a bit of board advantage.

Anyway, the new deck, modified as per your instructions (or at least as I perceived them) is:

Later edit: made a few more changes based on a few more of your suggestions.

Hearthstone Screenshot 09-20-16 21.09.03.png

Edited by Alexandra

6 hours ago, Blainie said:

Will take a look at this one after work today!

Thank you a lot; I hardly wait your replay. :)

I also added a v1.1 of it, trying to take in consideration some suggestions from Mr. Paracel; maybe you'll can look at both when you'll have the time (they really are quite similar).

Once again thank you a lot in advance! :)

6 hours ago, Keizoku said:

I disagree with you here. There are still more than enough decks running high-quality deathrattle minions across the board (Sylvanas Windrunner being the cliché example, but there are others) that including one copy of Polymorph in a Mage deck is warranted.

On top of that, it's worth it just for the hilarity of using it on a Resurrect Priest's first Injured Blademaster and watch him respawn Sheep after Sheep later in the game. 

Amount of Sylvanas Windrunners on ladder has been on decline lately (and N'Zoth decks as whole). 

It might be fun to see Sheeps from Resurrect, but since (resurrect) priest isn't exactly popular and the outcome is random, it is not a competitive tech card.

3 hours ago, Rubidium said:

I dunno dude. I've never done a 5-legend run before, but from rank 10 to rank 4 I only lost 1 game and I kinda expected it to get harder but not that much harder.

Yeah starfire is a card that isn't the highest quality card, but the package of dealing 5 damage face and drawing a card is kind of exactly what this deck wants for its high mana cost cards to just add that reach and search for more burn while doing so at the same time. There weren't too many attractive options for reach. 

Just reflect on the fact you have to create a 25 games proficit playing in a field of top 2-3% of all Hearthstone players. As "unrated" as it is in public perception, it's still an achievement and a formidable task. They are just as good and as determined as you, and sometimes things go south and there is nothing you can do about it.

I did not want to imply that Starfire is a bad card. It's a good budget option and a potent tool, in fact, and you sorta reportes that it delviers. It's just not a common option based on power level alone, because a lot of its peers overshadow it in terms of efficiency.

Keep playing and don't give up. I wish you best of luck.

2 hours ago, Alexandra said:

Indeed your first suggestions sound awesome, but problem is that I don't have neither Velen's Chosen, Inner Fire, Gilbin Stalker of Deathlord in my collection, so while sure awesome your first paragraph suggestions don't really fit me.:(

Also a particular confusion I have is about the Drakonid Crusher, since in your first message you suggested me to remove it since it will almost never activate, while in the second one you told me to add a second one; I would like further clarifications to this if possible.

On the other hand, I do have Resurrect and since I don't run many cards with battlecries, I guess it would indeed be a nice addition; I also have the Acolyte of Pain and I can add it too (although I think I have enough cards drawing mechanics via clerics, but I'll trust that you know better). 

The question was what cards to replace and I ended up removing the Summoning Stone, the Amani Berseker and then the other two 2-mana cards (the Acidic Swamp ooze and the Sunfury Protector) because it would be really terrible if the Resurect would bring them back instead of any other more useful mob. Now the problem that I see is that I have almost no cards to play 'till round three and by that time my opponent should already have quite a bit of board advantage.

I saw that you don't have them, that's why I said you should craft them. You have the dust even, and then some spare junk in your collection. Never disenchanting and never crafting is a good way to bolster your collection in a collectionary aspect, but not in terms of playability. I wouldn't advise the cards if I didn't think they'd be good.

I messed up Drakonid Crusher with its wizard cousin, Dragonkin Sorcerer. My apologies. Sorcerer is just a more potent card in this shell and synergizes with buff spells in a good way.

Resurrect is good even when it's not great, that's why I suggested it as a good filler card. It only costs 2 mana, so technically, getting back a 2 mana minion is already a fair deal.

Regarding card swaps, I really like Acidic Swamp Ooze in any budget deck, because it's still a good body and it's disruption variates from "annoying" to "devastating". I wouldn't leave home without it as a Priest because Shaman is so strong. You should move Questing Adventurer out of the deck, because, as I've mentioned, if you don't have a super hardcore plan for it, like a Miracle Adventurer Rogue, it's hardly playable.

Based on your last list, changes I would make:

In : 2 Inner Fire, 2 Gilblin Stalker, 2 Velen's Chosen, 1 Dragonkin Sorcerer, 1 Acidic Swamp Ooze

Out: Sea Giant, Drakonid Crusher, Questing Adventurer, 1 Holy Smite(it's not that good) 2 Defender of Argus(hard to use properly) Mind Control and Ressurect. I painted them as a good cards, but the strategy we're trying to apply doesn't really love Resurrect, only incidentally.

Then, when you pick up Deathlords, all the package of second Resurrect, Blademaster and Circle of Healing can be cut. 3rd card should probably be a Shadow Word: Death, as it is incredibly efficient and you are geared towards controlled game.

@Keizoku@positiv2 In your argument, I would take a middle ground and say that Polymorph is a great card, because unconditional premier removal is always great, and Tempo Mage sometimes has issues with creatures bigger than they can chew. However, whether to actually include it in your 30 is up to your meta and judgement, because you can always get it off Cabalist's Tome and the other incidental card selection cards, much to the disappointment and agony of yours truly. You Mage folk play too much of deez good stuffs.