Acolyte of Pain — Neutral Card
Table of Contents
Acolyte of Pain is a neutral minion. This card can be obtained from expert packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
As the name suggests, You want your Acolyte of Pain to be hurt as often as possible, so that you can use it to draw extra cards. This will mean having the means to either damage the card as often as possible, or to buff it up so that it can take multiple big hits. You will usually wait until you can damage the Acolyte on the turn you play it rather than putting it straight onto the board, although if your opponent plays a small minion, it can sometimes be correct to challenge that minion with your Acolyte of Pain.
Acolyte of Pain is often a good card in Constructed play, and it finds its home in Control decks which are able to damage it easily. Mage decks can ping the Acolyte, while Warrior can effectively use the multitude of cards that deal 1 damage to the board; Ravaging Ghoul are two of the most common examples of this. Despite the ability to draw cards, Acolyte of Pain is usually too slow to be included in more aggressive decks, as the card drawing process can take quite a bit of time.and
Acolyte of Pain is not a good card in Arena, as it is difficult to draw more than one card from it. In Mage, where you can ping the card with your Hero Power, the Acolyte can be considered more strongly. Also, if the rest of the cards on offer are bad, the Acolyte of Pain will often be the best of a bad bunch, as it will be able to cycle and draw a different card.
- Big Blizzard Store Holiday Sale: D2R, Character Services, Shadowlands, Pets, Mounts and More
- Icy Veins Black Friday Giveaway Ends Today!
- Icy Veins Black Friday Giveaway!
- Activision Blizzard Announces Formation of a Workplace Responsibility Committee
- The Reason Behind Jen Oneal's Departure, Bobby Kotick's Knowledge of Previous Sexual Misconduct Allegations: A Wall Street Journal Report
- Better Working Conditions for ABK Contract Workers
- A Message from Blizzard Co-Lead Jen Oneal
- Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 Delayed: Activision Blizzard Q3 2021 Financial Earnings Call
- Mozaki OTK Mage
- Battlegrounds Hero Tier List
- Battlegrounds Card Tier List
- Classic Miracle Rogue Deck
- Basic Hunter Deck
- Libram Paladin Deck
- Drek'Thar Druid Deck
- Charge OTK Warrior Deck