Acolyte of Pain — Neutral Card
Table of Contents
Acolyte of Pain is a neutral minion. This card can be obtained from expert packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
As the name suggests, You want your Acolyte of Pain to be hurt as often as possible, so that you can use it to draw extra cards. This will mean having the means to either damage the card as often as possible, or to buff it up so that it can take multiple big hits. You will usually wait until you can damage the Acolyte on the turn you play it rather than putting it straight onto the board, although if your opponent plays a small minion, it can sometimes be correct to challenge that minion with your Acolyte of Pain.
Acolyte of Pain is often a good card in Constructed play, and it finds its home in Control decks which are able to damage it easily. Mage decks can ping the Acolyte, while Warrior can effectively use the multitude of cards that deal 1 damage to the board; Ravaging Ghoul are two of the most common examples of this. Despite the ability to draw cards, Acolyte of Pain is usually too slow to be included in more aggressive decks, as the card drawing process can take quite a bit of time.and
Acolyte of Pain is not a good card in Arena, as it is difficult to draw more than one card from it. In Mage, where you can ping the card with your Hero Power, the Acolyte can be considered more strongly. Also, if the rest of the cards on offer are bad, the Acolyte of Pain will often be the best of a bad bunch, as it will be able to cycle and draw a different card.
- Global Battle.net Rolling Out Today
- No BlizzCon Planned for 2021
- IGN Report on Blizzard Departures and the Company's Future, With Insider Info
- From the Vault: The Overwatch Anniversary 2021 Collection Live on the Blizzard Store
- Enthusiast Gaming Acquires Icy Veins
- Activision Blizzard Q1 2021 Earnings Call
- New Leadership for Overwatch After Jeff Kaplan Leaves Blizzard
- David Kim Leaves Blizzard (WoW Principal Designer and Former Diablo 4 Lead Systems Designer)
- Clown Druid Deck - Forged in the Barrens
- Battlegrounds Hero Tier List
- Hmm.. world first?
- Illidan Stormrage Challenge
- Illidan Stormrage challenge impossible in new season
- Houndmaster Monster Hunter
- Hearthstone Gold Guide
- Classic Midrange Combo Druid Deck