Acolyte of Pain — Neutral Card
Table of Contents
Acolyte of Pain is a neutral minion. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
As the name suggests, You want your Acolyte of Pain to be hurt as often as possible, so that you can use it to draw extra cards. This will mean having the means to either damage the card as often as possible, or to buff it up so that it can take multiple big hits. You will usually wait until you can damage the Acolyte on the turn you play it rather than putting it straight onto the board, although if your opponent plays a small minion, it can sometimes be correct to challenge that minion with your Acolyte of Pain.
Acolyte of Pain is often a good card in Constructed play, and it finds its home in Control decks which are able to damage it easily. Mage decks can ping the Acolyte, while Warrior can effectively use the multitude of cards that deal 1 damage to the board; Ravaging Ghoul are two of the most common examples of this. Despite the ability to draw cards, Acolyte of Pain is usually too slow to be included in more aggressive decks, as the card drawing process can take quite a bit of time.and
Acolyte of Pain is not a good card in Arena, as it is difficult to draw more than one card from it. In Mage, where you can ping the card with your Hero Power, the Acolyte can be considered more strongly. Also, if the rest of the cards on offer are bad, the Acolyte of Pain will often be the best of a bad bunch, as it will be able to cycle and draw a different card.
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs
- Warcraft Arclight Rumble Minimum Specs, Possible 2022 Release, and No PC Port
- Warcraft Arclight Rumble Gameplay Videos
- Activision Blizzard Halts New Sales in Russia
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2021 Financial Results
- Blizzard Lead Mike Ybarra Teases Potential Announcements
- Blizzard Working on a New Survival Game for PC and Console
- Announcements We Can Expect this Week? (Speculation Post)
- Naga Wig Priest Deck
- Boat Rogue Deck Guide
- Hearthstone Mercenaries
- Naga Ramp Druid Deck
- Battlegrounds Hero Tier List
- Mech Paladin Deck
- Shellfish Mill Priest Deck