FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sottle

The Rate/Improve my deck thread.

8 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

@Marshall092You have given up on syncing it through hearthpwn? Also, your first cards to craft for the deck should be Eviscerates followed by SI:7 Agents and by an Azure Drake.

@positiv2 lol my bad. I went on hearthpwn and didn't see a collection tab. Just checked and it's under the username. Doing that now instead. And I'll get on crafting eviscerates asap

Edited by Marshall092

@Marshall092Thanks, but could you post picture of your deck again, with all the changes made (which result in less than 30 cards in deck), since I am losing track of the changes made and how many spots still need to be filled, if that isn't a problem for you.

Curatorrogue.jpeg

Hi there. This is another cheap Tempo Rogue deck. I've looked at the Tempo Rogue currently seen in the Rogue decklist and gave it my own Karazhan spin on it. I haven't played Tempo Rogue on the ranked ladder much, but I've played about 160 Casual games with Tempo Rogue(106 - 57 though that doesn't mean much since it's casual.) over the last month trying to improve my deck.

Cards that are definitely staying in the deck:

Backstab - Such a good card, no way I'm dropping this.

Cold Blood - 4 damage for 1 mana is too good to pass up. I've won so many games by using this on a divine shield minion early on, and just pushing face, and the opponent often doesn't have an answer to it.

Argent Squire - Just a solid 1-drop with good synergy with cold blood and abusive sergeant that's so sticky.

Eviscerate - 2 mana for 4 damage when comboed that can be used both as removal and reach, it's too good to pass up.

SI:7 Agent - I'd say this card is overstated by 1 stat point (health/attack) from a borderline playable card which makes it an excellent card that defeinitely makes the cut.

Dark Iron Skulker - It's just simply such a powerful effect that can completely swing the tables against aggro/midrange decks when played.

Very likely to be staying:

Abusive Sergeant - At the moment it looks like it's going to stay because it's basically like Disciple of C'thun for 1 mana if you use it to trade, and given the number of 1/1 tokens in the deck it has good synergy with and will often trade up. But if Swashburglar gets cut then Abusive Sergeant may also get cut as well.

Swashburglar - A 1/1 Body that replaces itself when cast. Sometimes you get trash like Totemic Might but most of the time you get a usable card even though it may not be ideal like Knight of the Wild. This is a token that can be used to trade up with Cold Blood, as well as work with Abusive Sergeant and acts as a combo enabler. I like the card.

Argent Commander - Good card, not many other choices for 6 mana, the main other choice that seems most reasonable for me seems to be the Sunwalker or the Black Knight if we see many Curator decks, but the number of taunts in the meta don't seem high enough to warrant Black Knight and Sunwalker doesn't give me enough ability to push face and close out the game as Argent Commander though it would be very helpful against aggressive decks.

Likely to be Staying:

Undercity Valiant - If this were to be replaced, the most likely option would be Defias Ringleader, which I played with a lot but ultimately ended up going with Undercity Valiant. Unfortunately, unless coined out, the Defias Ringleader seemed to come in too late and just in time for classes to get their AoE like excavated evil or swipe to kill the 1 drop, or pinged off with mage hero power/ravaging ghoul which really diminished its power. The coin would often also be good with SI:7 Agent which meant that coining this out would make SI:7 Agent much more awkward to play. The fact that this two drop is so flexible, being both an acceptable combo enabler and still getting good value when comboed to often save me trading a 1/1 in makes me think this is staying.

Defender of Argus - It gives a valuable source of taunt which is very limited in this deck and is often an excellent minion if I can get it off on two minions, especially if one has divine shield. However, this can be awkward to play when I don't manage to get a board to stick as is the case sometimes.

Azure Drake - This shares the same mana slot as the Dark Iron Skulker though that is made less of an issue due to me often wanting to hold on to the Dark Iron Skulker instead of playing it on turn 5. This gives me some lategame staying power against slower decks, though it is often fairly poor against faster decks. If the Curator gets cut this may become a one of, and depending on how strong the Ethereal Peddler will be when it comes out (if I choose to add Undercity Hucksters it may be viable?) the 5 mana slot will only get more competitive.

Possibly Staying:

Sap - Sometimes this card just ends up being a dead card in my hand, which is a big issue. Other times it is the most amazing life saver where I can create a massive tempo swing with it by sapping a flamewreathed faceless or Savannah Highmane with it. It's also difficult to decide whether to keep in this in my opening hand against Druids/Priests/Shamans to counter their Flamewreathed faceless/innervated large drops or resurrected blademasters, though I almost always throw it against other classes.

Silithid Swarmer - I played around with this a lot and was switching it around with other combinations of three drops like Unearthed Raptor and Harvest golem and I found it a real struggle picking between the two. Ultimately Silithid Swarmer fits in better with the Curator and given the popularity of Hunter and Druid on ladder, this also offers me a card that can potentially make use of beast synergy cards I get from them via Swashburglar. If Curator gets swapped out, then this might see some movement but if not it's certainly good enough.

The Curator - Sprint was a card that I experimented with earlier and it gave good staying power but it often just simply could not be played in faster matchups because I could not afford to have a dead turn. This 4/6 Taunt that draws 2 cards is very good when it goes off and circumvented the issue of having a dead turn if I ever opted to have any card draw, also giving me the turn 8 play of Azure Drake plus Silithid Swarmer. The problem with it is sometimes I draw both my spiders or dragons before playing the Curator in which case it only draws me one card, and if I were to add any more beasts/dragons to make this more consistent the overall card quality of the deck would decline.

Really questionable:

Argent Horserider - It has synergy with cold blood but it's just not very strong, and I would really have to ask whether this is better than Shadow Strike or Deadly Fork. At the moment Argent Horserider seems just marginally better.

Tomb Pillager - How good this is comes down to how well can I use the coin. The replacement for this would be either Dark Iron Dwarf or a second Defender of Argus. Sometimes I just happen to be running out of cards when I play this, and I don't get to use the coin that the Tomb pillager gives me which means that the Tomb Pillager might as well have been a lost tallstrider, which is not.

Cards that I am considering/have considered.

Buccaneer - It's a good 1 drop but the problem is that it's an awkward combo enabler because I want to dagger up the same turn I play this.

Defias Ringleader - as mentioned earlier when I spoke about Undercity Valiant. Undercity Valiant just seems stronger than Defias Ringleader as it is a consistently good card, and Defias Ringleader often makes the hand awkward and often invites a board clear.

Undercity Huckster - I played around with this card a lot and without unearthed raptors it definitely is just simply not strong enough. It is a weak turn 2 play, it is a weak combo enabler for SI:7 agent as the 5 slot is fairly competitive, and it is a weak lategame topdeck as I have to wait for it to die before I get to use the card.

Loot Hoarder - Similar reasons for the Undercity Huckster for me not to want to play it.

Dark Iron Dwarf - Serious consideration for replacement for Tomb Pillager.

Barnes - When I was running both Loot Hoarder and undercity huckster and harvest golems, it made sense to run this. But in the current form of the deck there just aren't enough synergy minions to make it good.

Nefarian - Could be pulled by Curator and give incredible lategame staying power. I would love to try this with some other dragon instead such as Onyxia but I do not have such legendaries.

North Sea Kraken - Budget Swap for Ragnaros, Firelord. Not sure if I need one, but this gives more lategame staying power and can act as a finisher.

Deadly Fork -  I tried this for a time and it seemed quite strong initially, but the awful statline is a really big deal that I don't think is worth the 3 mana weapon. It can be good if I curve lower though and am more aggressive and likely to run out of cards sooner.

Harvest Golem - I ran this when I was using unearthed raptors as it was just a nice sticky minion that I could copy the deathrattle of.

Shadow Strike - There comes a point where I think I have too much removal and I think adding this might be too much. It might replace sap, but given that it cant remove highmanes and flamewreathed faceless in the same way sap does it feels weaker.

Deadly Poison - Just too much removal at some point. I also don't want to not be able to hit face with my weapon just because I want to save a deadly poison charge which makes this potentially awkward. It would be a stronger consideration if I was running Assassin's blade.

Pit Snake - It dies to every board clear, druid hero power, swipes, ravaging ghouls, huge toad deathrattle. If I'm paying 1 mana and a card for a 1 drop I want it to do something at least before it just dies. Of course, it has the potential to be a huge pain for the opponent because they cant play their big drop, but they usually can just remove it.

Bilefin TIdehunter - Now I get to draw a murloc with Curator. I don't think it's relevant though most of the time even when I do draw it, and if I don't draw it through the curator it's certainly not a card I would be happy with.

Spellbreaker - It deals with a lot of annoying things such as Taunt minions and Imp Gang boss, Frothing Berserker. But Sap usually covers those grounds anyway, so usually this is unneccesary. 

Gnomish Inventor - It's just meh. If you play this on turn 4, it can get you into a lot of trouble for being bad on tempo in such a critical turn.

Fan of Knives - I ran single copy before I got blackrock. Now I already have an exceptional board clear from the Dark Iron Skulker, and Fan of Knives just can't be played in the same turn as Dark Iron Skulker usually, and it can't be played before the Skulker as it will make all the enemy minions damaged.

Curatorrogue.jpeg

Edited by Rubidium

Hey There,

ive played Hearthstone from time to time for a long time now, although i didnt have the best of luck when in comes to good cards in packs (only 1 legendary drop yet, and that being "The Beast"). Made a Warlock Deck with which i was able to reach Rank 13 2 times. Any improvement tips? I have all cards from Blackrock Mountain and Night in Karazhan. All from League of Explorers  except the last wing. Hardly any TGT cards. The Deck seems to be working out quite fine most of the times, but i dont think this is the best i can do. Completely open to any suggestions and even completely different setups possible with my cards. 355 dust right now.

My Collection

My Deck

Thanks for your help :)

yCaine

Warlock_Deck.png

Edited by yCaine
Addet amount of dust

5 hours ago, yCaine said:

Hey There,

ive played Hearthstone from time to time for a long time now, although i didnt have the best of luck when in comes to good cards in packs (only 1 legendary drop yet, and that being "The Beast"). Made a Warlock Deck with which i was able to reach Rank 13 2 times. Any improvement tips? I have all cards from Blackrock Mountain and Night in Karazhan. All from League of Explorers  except the last wing. Hardly any TGT cards. The Deck seems to be working out quite fine most of the times, but i dont think this is the best i can do. Completely open to any suggestions and even completely different setups possible with my cards. 355 dust right now.

My Collection

My Deck

Thanks for your help :)

yCaine

Warlock_Deck.png

Your deck as it is right now has a zoo-ish core. So why not change it to zoo since its in the top 5 decks in the meta? :)

Let's start!

So if i count correctly (haven't slept at all today :( ) you need 520 dust to make these changes. Looking at your collection, i can recommend that you can safely disenchant Mindgames and Steamwheedle Sniper. The first one won't be used in a competitive deck ever, and the second one can be used in a control hunter deck only, for which hunters don't have the right tools to build. (at least yet). You can also disenchant The Beast, which is not that good of a legendary.

The thing about this deck is that it is versatile and changes depending on the meta. For example this build does better against midrange/control decks. If you are facing pure aggro decks on ladder you might consider changing 1x Soulfire and 1xReckless Rocketeer for 2x Doomguard (you need to craft the 2nd one), who is used more as a trading tool, instead of slaming face.

One more thing you will notice, it that after playing a lot of games you will see what cards fit your playstyle or the meta, and you will make changes accordingly. For example, you might not find a lot of use for 1x Mortal Coil, and decide you need an extra charge minion so you bring back 1x Argent Horserider.

Another example is what i tried. I swithed 1x Forbidden Ritual for 1x Kara Khazam! . Many people said it was a bad idea, cause Forbidden ritual is a more versatile card, but my theory was correct, the Kara Khazam card is not as vulnerable to Whirlwind effects or cards like Swipe as Forbidden Ritual is.

Last but not least, you have to read sottle's guides in order to learn how to play the new version of the deck.

https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/aggro-warlock-zoo-standard-deck

https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/warlock-zoo-standard-deck

@Rubidium Check out Sottle's Tempo Rogue guide here : https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/tempo-rogue-standard-deck it will help you figure out some changes

Edited by CodeRazor
  • Like 1

I have all C'Thun Cultists and Minions, except for Twin Emperor Vek'lor (Replaced with Ancient of War).
I have most strong rares and commons that are staples to some decks, such as argent commander/sunwalker/azure drake etc.
I have 1 Wing in BRM and 2 in LOE. (Replaced Raven idols with other Utility Cards, 1x Defender of Argus, 1x Starfire).

Strange Card Choices:

Wild Pyromancer:
Wild Pyro is in my Opinion one of the most underrated cards in Druid. Your minions always have alot of health, so the 1 damage ping does not matter much to them. However, this deck does run quite a substantial early game, which makes wild pyro's AOE a good tool to facilitate good Trading. This deck also runs numerous Cheap spells, which can be played on curve, as well as to activate wild Pyro.

Defender of Argus and Starfire
This deck features numerous 4 attack minions, which are key to countering any priest deck out there. However, most decks tend to run 1 of: Emperor Thaurissan, Sylvanas Windrunner, or Cairne Bloodhoof.
Defender of Argus is included due to strong synergy with C'Thun's chosen, as well as its ability to turn Klaxxi Amber Weaver into an Ancient of War. It also facilitates effcient trading by Buffing weaker minions such as Disciple of C'thun. Overall, Defender of Argus is one of those never before seen cards that has clutched losing games, and secured winning ones consistently.
Starfire is a Less Situational Card than Defender of Argus. Argus is good when you have a Board. Starfire just serves the same purpose, except for being better when you have lost your board to a midrange deck that plays sturdy 5 health minions on turn 6.

How else may I improve this deck, other than replacing the Ancient of War with a Twin Emperor Vek'lor?
And what cards should I cut for 2 raven Idols? Maybe 1x Starfire, and 1x Living Roots, to reduce the chances of my 1/1s being burnt by Pyro?

Reuse Image.png

6 hours ago, CodeRazor said:

@Rubidium Check out Sottle's Tempo Rogue guide here : https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/tempo-rogue-standard-deck it will help you figure out some changes

I've looked at the Tempo Rogue guide and I've used it as a starting point, but I disagreed with a lot of the choices that he made there after playing Tempo Rogue (Not the exact decklist, but constantly switching cards around) for 160 Casual games over the past month. As I played the list I experimented and considered heavily the potential of Undercity Huckster, Loot Hoarder, Defias Ringleaders, Undercity Valiant, Buccaneer, Abusive Sergeant, Sap, Unearthed Raptor, Fan of Knives, Tomb Pillager, Barnes and Dark Iron Skulker fit into the deck and after playing these games the list I'm currently running seems to be what is working best for me.

I took it for a spin for the first time in ranked mode (At rank 5) and had a run of 7 wins 3 losses which for this late in the season at rank 5 I consider to be somewhere between mediocre and good.

Hello all!

I have been playing since a couple days after Karazhan release and am totally addicted. In the past few weeks I've been playing I really love the play style of mage, so that is what I built on. Here is the deck I feel I have been doing best with.

x2 Arcane Blast

x2 Arcane Missiles

x2 Mana Wyrm

x1 Mirror Image

x2 Cult Sorcerer

x2 Frostbolt

x2 Sorcerer's Apprentice

x2 Arcane Intellect

x2 Flamewaker

x2 Fireball

x1 Polymorph

x2 Azure Drake

x1 Ethereal Conjurer

x1 Emperor Thaurisan

x2 Faceless Summoner

x1 Archmage Antonidas

x2 Flamestrike

x1 Arcane Giant

I am rank 13 as of today, and I am considering removing Archmage for Firelands Portal or a Pyroblast. Everytime I play Archmage it just dies before I can use it.

I have all the Solo Adventures (Karazhan, LoE, BrM) , and as far as getting dust to craft things goes, I can just buy some packs next time I get paid, so please let me know what you think. I am still new and am learning how the meta works still. Great game and I have a lot of fun. Any advice is welcome please.

@yCaine I am going to have to agree with CodeRazor's advice. Zoo is a very cheap but very effective deck to ladder with once you've mastered it. You can look up Sottle's guides for guidelines and I'll also post my Zoo that I used this month to Ladder with. 

@CodeRazor Good job on the advice and I just wanted to highlight the part where you mentioned using Kara Khazam instead of Forbidden Ritual. That's thinking outside of the box. I love that card even though I haven't really used it yet and thank you for giving me hope. lol

Hearthstone Screenshot Zoo.png

I like it how nobody bats an eye about Kara Khazam but new Force of Nature is still considered unplayable.

@Rubidium Well, the reason i linked Sottle's guide and said nothing else, is because when i tried to play a tempo rogue deck, i was getting my butt kicked on ladder :D. For some reason the only rogue deck i can play is miracle... So, given than, i didn't really have something usefull to say, so i thought it was a better idea to refer to Sottle's guide in case you hadn't seen it.

@KingMe Haha thanks! Well, the card has been working for me most of the times. Surely its not as versatile as Forbidden Ritual is, but since everyone on ladder stacks up Whirlwind effects to counter zoo, i thought i would give it a shot. 

@yCaine With the right piloting, zoo can definitely reach Legend. Most of the times its the first deck a new player gets Legend with, because of how cheap it is to build. Also it will help you learn how to make efficient trades, which is one of the most basic mechanics Hearthstone has.

Glad you are enjoying your new deck :)

Edited by CodeRazor

@ynhlYou can swap in Cabal Shadow Priests in place of Flash Heals. Flash Heals are played in standard almost entirely because there aren't enough good anti-aggro cards, such as Deathlord or Sludge Belcher. You can also swaps one Shadow Word: Pain in place of Museum Curator if you face more aggro than control.

On 8/28/2016 at 8:59 PM, CodeRazor said:

@Rubidium Well, the reason i linked Sottle's guide and said nothing else, is because when i tried to play a tempo rogue deck, i was getting my butt kicked on ladder :D. For some reason the only rogue deck i can play is miracle... So, given than, i didn't really have something usefull to say, so i thought it was a better idea to refer to Sottle's guide in case you hadn't seen it.

To be honest if you were running the list posted by Sottle I wouldn't be surprised you would get your butt kicked on ladder. Double Loot Hoarder and Undercity Hucksters and only two one drops are inviting trouble. The deck is so reliant on actually getting that argent squire on turn 1, and only 2 one drops is far from enough, as more are very useful against the very common aggro meta both as combo enablers and making sure you have a turn 1 play at least 75% of the time.

If you are going up against a fast deck and you play that deck and your turns look like this:

Turn 1 pass

Turn 2 Loot Hoarder / Dagger / Undercity Huckster

Against a Zoolock that played a 1 drop into double 1 drop, an aggro Shaman that coined a totem golem into a one drop or a turn 2 3/3 Charge minion from dragon warrior, you don't stand a chance, especially given that the deck doesn't include Dark Iron Skulker.

If you do manage to find backstab it does become a lot more manageable but even then, if you can't play it together with a Combo it likely isn't enough given the lack of any other form of early game play you can make with that deck.

On 27/8/2016 at 3:36 PM, RadiancePvP said:

I have all C'Thun Cultists and Minions, except for Twin Emperor Vek'lor (Replaced with Ancient of War).
I have most strong rares and commons that are staples to some decks, such as argent commander/sunwalker/azure drake etc.
I have 1 Wing in BRM and 2 in LOE. (Replaced Raven idols with other Utility Cards, 1x Defender of Argus, 1x Starfire).

Strange Card Choices:

Wild Pyromancer:
Wild Pyro is in my Opinion one of the most underrated cards in Druid. Your minions always have alot of health, so the 1 damage ping does not matter much to them. However, this deck does run quite a substantial early game, which makes wild pyro's AOE a good tool to facilitate good Trading. This deck also runs numerous Cheap spells, which can be played on curve, as well as to activate wild Pyro.

Defender of Argus and Starfire
This deck features numerous 4 attack minions, which are key to countering any priest deck out there. However, most decks tend to run 1 of: Emperor Thaurissan, Sylvanas Windrunner, or Cairne Bloodhoof.
Defender of Argus is included due to strong synergy with C'Thun's chosen, as well as its ability to turn Klaxxi Amber Weaver into an Ancient of War. It also facilitates effcient trading by Buffing weaker minions such as Disciple of C'thun. Overall, Defender of Argus is one of those never before seen cards that has clutched losing games, and secured winning ones consistently.
Starfire is a Less Situational Card than Defender of Argus. Argus is good when you have a Board. Starfire just serves the same purpose, except for being better when you have lost your board to a midrange deck that plays sturdy 5 health minions on turn 6.

How else may I improve this deck, other than replacing the Ancient of War with a Twin Emperor Vek'lor?
And what cards should I cut for 2 raven Idols? Maybe 1x Starfire, and 1x Living Roots, to reduce the chances of my 1/1s being burnt by Pyro?

Reuse Image.png

Regarding Wild Pyromancer, i haven't really tried it in this deck, but it doesn't seem bad, can also help against decks like zoo.

Generally, while playing this deck on ladder i noticed 2 major problems :

• You can easily run out of cards, and go into topdeck wars, especially vs decks like aggro shaman where most of the times you will loose the topdeck wars.
  • You cannot efficiently deal with a huge minion, like YseraRagnaros the FirelordTirion Fordring etc.

So in order to address those problems i added the following :

• 1x Nourish : Can help you ramp quickly against aggro decks, or help you refill your hand vs control decks.
  • 1x Mulch, in order to deal with a threat like the ones above. Almost all the druid decks run at least 1 copy now.

In your list, i would definitely cut Starfire for Nourish, and Defender of Argus for Mulch.

Note that Naturalize IS NOT a viable budget option, you don't want your opponent to get usefull cards. (if the card is in his deck, it is usefull, instead Mulch gives them a random minion which most of the time is okay-ish, but not that good.)

As for the Raven Idol, i wouldn't add it in the deck, unless you also add Fandral Staghelm, which i don't think is really needed in this speficic Druid build, which is more minion based.

Other than these, your list is completely fine. Another change i made was cutting Sylvanas Windrunner for Ragnaros the Firelord, since i play a little bit aggressively, but that is just a preference thing.

Edit : This is the list i played, had a solid win rate with it : G71IkJ8.png

Fandral in this build mostly acts like a removal-baiter, didn't really have a nice replacement for it that's why it is still there.

@Rubidium I definitely see your point. i remember watching Reynad's stream in which he was experimenting with different tempo rogue lists, and he included cards like Swashburglar, Bladed Cultist, and a lot of other 1drops and 2drops, in order to make his curve more consistent.

Edited by CodeRazor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rubidium said:

To be honest if you were running the list posted by Sottle I wouldn't be surprised you would get your butt kicked on ladder. Double Loot Hoarder and Undercity Hucksters and only two one drops are inviting trouble. The deck is so reliant on actually getting that argent squire on turn 1, and only 2 one drops is far from enough, as more are very useful against the very common aggro meta both as combo enablers and making sure you have a turn 1 play at least 75% of the time.

If you are going up against a fast deck and you play that deck and your turns look like this:

Turn 1 pass

Turn 2 Loot Hoarder / Dagger / Undercity Huckster

Against a Zoolock that played a 1 drop into double 1 drop, an aggro Shaman that coined a totem golem into a one drop or a turn 2 3/3 Charge minion from dragon warrior, you don't stand a chance, especially given that the deck doesn't include Dark Iron Skulker.

If you do manage to find backstab it does become a lot more manageable but even then, if you can't play it together with a Combo it likely isn't enough given the lack of any other form of early game play you can make with that deck.

I am actually running the list at 55%+ winrate, so I say the deck is quite good. Sottle used it to get to legend with rather high winrate as well. 

You can combo Backstab with Defias Ringleader for incredibly strong turn 2. You can also coin out Defias Ringleader on turn 1 and that allows you to deal with almost anything that your opponent drops. You can simply use your hero power on 2 as well. It's not like you are going to lose the game if you do so.

The deck includes high quality minions to gain tempo and Fan of Knives to clear the board, which you actually don't need to use that often.

Hey there, 

I theorycrafted a lot in Wild Format playing my version that is based on the old raptor decks. Tried to make the decklist with optimal Curves so you are able to play on curve + most likely get a good hand in almost all games.

Just transfered my list(s) from wild to standard with some changes... So far iam running 70-80% Winrate. 

I struggle the most against druid (beast). I just dont know how i could tech against it furthermore... 

Here are my lists... One list with curator (Rank 15-10) and one without (22-15) 

Interstesting is my 100% Winrate against Hunter tho :D

Raptor standard test 1.1.pngRaptor standard.png stats.png

On 27.08.2016 at 10:49 PM, WeedleWizard said:

Hello all!

I have been playing since a couple days after Karazhan release and am totally addicted. In the past few weeks I've been playing I really love the play style of mage, so that is what I built on. Here is the deck I feel I have been doing best with.

x2 Arcane Blast

x2 Arcane Missiles

x2 Mana Wyrm

x1 Mirror Image

x2 Cult Sorcerer

x2 Frostbolt

x2 Sorcerer's Apprentice

x2 Arcane Intellect

x2 Flamewaker

x2 Fireball

x1 Polymorph

x2 Azure Drake

x1 Ethereal Conjurer

x1 Emperor Thaurisan

x2 Faceless Summoner

x1 Archmage Antonidas

x2 Flamestrike

x1 Arcane Giant

I am rank 13 as of today, and I am considering removing Archmage for Firelands Portal or a Pyroblast. Everytime I play Archmage it just dies before I can use it.

I have all the Solo Adventures (Karazhan, LoE, BrM) , and as far as getting dust to craft things goes, I can just buy some packs next time I get paid, so please let me know what you think. I am still new and am learning how the meta works still. Great game and I have a lot of fun. Any advice is welcome please.

This is actually standard tempo mage, and it can be considered as viable. Archmage could be really powerful depending on how you use it, it has lots and lots of cheap spells that can be converted to 6 damages consistently, I think you should keep it. Other than that, two flamestrikes are too much I think, maybe add a spellslinger. That's pretty much it. Deck looks good.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2016 at 2:49 PM, WeedleWizard said:

Hello all!

x2 Arcane Blast

x2 Arcane Missiles

x2 Mana Wyrm

x1 Mirror Image

x2 Cult Sorcerer

x2 Frostbolt

x2 Sorcerer's Apprentice

x2 Arcane Intellect

x2 Flamewaker

x2 Fireball

x1 Polymorph

x2 Azure Drake

x1 Ethereal Conjurer

x1 Emperor Thaurisan

x2 Faceless Summoner

x1 Archmage Antonidas

x2 Flamestrike

x1 Arcane Giant

Archmage Antonidas is a very powerful legendary. The key to using him though is to hold him till either the later turns when you can play a spell or two after summoning him or to try and set up big combos using Emperor Thaurissan. I personally run him in my Tempo Mage and he has won me more games than I can count.  If you want to add in Firelands Portal or Pyroblast I would suggest removing either a copy of Faceless Summoner or Flamestrike

Edited by KingMe

@HighfishThat's really nice! It might be better to list the card with english names, rather than in german, as some players might not be able to recognise all the cards by their art. 
If a deck has 70%+ winrate, it's both hard to tell what cards are the weakest, and to find the courage to change the deck. If it's not broken, don't fix it.

Ok I haven't seriously played Paladin in a very long time. I've dabbled with different ideas and the norms of the Meta but nothing felt comfortable. This one feels right so far though I haven't taken it to ladder yet. Everything I have faced with it so far it has done very well against. Some games I've held the pressure from the beginning and the others I've pulled the epic comeback. So I'm not sure if I'm asking advise or not, or if I'm just looking for inputs. I was shooting for more Midrange but wanted good late game so I went with the N'Zoth package. So yeah, enough ramble, what do you guys think? 

Note: Don't hate the Emperor Cobra. That card has been an MVP more than once and is great when pulled late and can hide behind The Curator. #TheComebacksAreReal lol 

N'Zoth Zookeeper.png