Protection Paladin Tank Simulations — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, you will find a number of useful simulation results for your Protection Paladins in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5.
1. Simulations for Tanks?
Simulation programs such as SimulationCraft (and its web-based front end Raid Bots) are incredibly useful programs for World of Warcraft players. They can suggest to you what talents to use, what gear you have is best for you, or what stats you should prioritize. With the addition of Titanforging on gear, "simming" has become more and more widespread throughout the WoW community.
Does this work for tanks? The answer is yes and no. You can simulate DPS gains for most tanks currently to a reasonable degree. This will have similar rules to simming damage-dealing specs. The difference for tanks is that you cannot simulate for survivability. There are several factors and metrics for tanking and different situations will weigh things differently. So the short version of this answer is, you can simulate for DPS gains, however ignore the survival side of simulations as there are too many factors that come into play to get an accurate depiction of what constitutes a survivability upgrade from simulations.
2. Combat Logs
Combat Logs are a recording of all actions in a dungeon or raid, which are then formatted in an easy to read way. Websites such as Warcraft Logs serve as a directory where you can upload your own logs, or examine those of other players. You can use logs of yourself, or others of your class and specialization, to help improve your play.
WoW Analyzer is an exceptionally powerful and easy to use tool for analyzing a combat log. Even if you are inexperienced with combat logs, WoW Analyzer will quickly provide a wide variety of suggestions to improve your play, including stat weights.
To get the best results, we recommend using combat logs, the discord communities and programs like WoW Analyzer together to make the best choices for talents and gear.
- 15 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Patch 8.1.5 Hotfixes: May 24th
- WoW Classic "Not a Bug List" Update: May 24th
- Warsong Gulch & Honor System Testing on Classic Beta
- Blizzard's Looking for Essences Feedback
- How to Play World of Warcraft With a Controller
- N'zoth Whispers on Live Servers
- Conflict and Strife Essence Power Clarification
- Second Classic Stress Test Coming on May 29th
- Looking for quirky off spec DPS possibilities.
- Best Classic WoW Rotation and Class Guides for 1.12?
- Azshara potholes are out of control
- Shadow Priest PvP 8.1.5
- Destruction Warlock 8.1.5
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Mistweaver Monk 8.1.5
- Paladin Leveling Guide