Professions Stats and Gear Guide for Dragonflight
On this page, you will learn about the new Profession stats, which show up on Profession gear, and how they influence the various Dragonflight professions.
Why Crafting Stats in Dragonflight?
Each crafting recipe in Dragonflight has a Recipe Difficulty, which influences how difficult it is to craft this recipe at its highest quality potential. As you can see in the image below, the Expected Quality bar starts out low, from your baseline profession skill, and gives you an idea of the quality outcome of crafting the item under the current conditions.
The potential quality of the crafting item can be improved with profession gear (which have profession stats on them), specialization bonuses, the quality of the materials used to craft, and other special items such as Illustrious Insight. This page will focus on profession stats and gear.
Stats for Crafting Professions
There are four new stats for crafting professions, which can show up on your crafting gear (which can be crafted; see the profession gear section below):
- Multicraft provides a baseline (increasable by talents) chance to craft 1 to 2.5 times more items than the usual items a craft produces. A Multicraft proc on a craft that produces 2 items will grant between 1 and 5 extra items, for example;
- Resourcefulness provides a chance to use fewer tradeable crafting reagents when crafting, and can proc between a single reagent saved or all reagents saved, with a lower chance for higher saved amounts;
- Inspiration provides a baseline (increasable by talents) chance to craft a recipe with bonus skill (33% of Recipe Difficulty for crafts with 3 levels of quality, 16.7% for crafts with 5 levels of quality) added on. Some gear, optional reagents or talent nodes can increase the skill contributed, such as Black Dragon Touched Hammer;
- Crafting Speed increases your craft speed, allowing you to finish your crafts faster.
These stats, when activated, will show up on your Crafting Results panel, as displayed below:
Although some crafted items benefit from all 4 stats, most only benefit from some of them, which means you should avoid the unused stats when focusing on crafting those items. As a rule of thumb:
- Crafted gear does not use Multicraft;
- Gear without Quality does not use Inspiration;
- Resourcefulness and Crafting Speed can be used for almost all crafts available, but there are multiple exceptions, such as Reclaim Concoctions from Alchemy, which do not use Resourcefulness.
As an example of Resourcefulness's variability, here is a bad proc, followed by a good proc on the same item:
Even the Legendary materials needed for Nasz'uro, the Unbound Legacy can proc Resourcefulness, which can occasionally lead to incredible gold gains!
You can use Alchemy-crafted Aerated Phial of Quick Hands to temporarily increase your Crafting Speed.
Also, remember to enchant your crafting tool with your choice of Enchant Tool - Draconic Inspiration and Enchant Tool - Draconic Resourcefulness.
Stats for Gathering Professions
There are three new stats for gathering professions, which can show up on your gathering gear:
- Perception increases your chance to find rare reagents when gathering;
- Deftness increases your gathering speed;
- Finesse provides a chance to get more of whatever you are gathering. Thus, if you are fishing for Magma Thresher, procs will grant you more of them on each reel.
The amount of stats you have and their effects are displayed in your Gathering Journal, as displayed below:
Most activities you do as a gatherer can benefit from all three stats, but you should fine-tune the amount you aim for each depending on your goals, especially Perception and Finesse, which serve opposite goals in either giving you more rare materials not related to what you are gathering or more of the basic material you are gathering.
You can use Blacksmithing-crafted Primal Razorstone and Alchemy-crafted Steaming Phial of Finesse to temporarily increase your Finesse or Alchemy-crafted Crystalline Phial of Perception to temporarily increase your Perception.
Also, remember to enchant your gathering tool with your choice of Enchant Tool - Draconic Finesse and Enchant Tool - Draconic Perception.
The table below lists all of the profession gear in the game, with their source.
While most gear is divided between cheap, bind on equip green gear and expensive, bind on pickup blue gear, there are a few epic items as well, such as Black Dragon Touched Hammer and Dragoncloth Tailoring Vestments.
|Alchemist's Sturdy Mixing Rod||Alchemy||Inscription|
|Alchemist's Brilliant Mixing Rod||Alchemy||Inscription|
|Expert Alchemist's Hat||Alchemy||Leatherworking|
|Wildercloth Alchemist's Robe||Alchemy||Tailoring|
|Master's Wildercloth Alchemist's Robe||Alchemy||Tailoring|
|Draconium Blacksmith's Hammer||Blacksmithing||Blacksmithing|
|Khaz'gorite Blacksmith's Hammer||Blacksmithing||Blacksmithing|
|Black Dragon Touched Hammer||Blacksmithing||Blacksmithing|
|Draconium Blacksmith's Toolbox||Blacksmithing||Blacksmithing|
|Khaz'gorite Blacksmith's Toolbox||Blacksmithing||Blacksmithing|
|Chef's Smooth Rolling Pin||Cooking||Inscription|
|Chef's Splendid Rolling Pin||Cooking||Inscription|
|Wildercloth Chef's Hat||Cooking||Tailoring|
|Master's Wildercloth Chef's Hat||Cooking||Tailoring|
|Runed Serevite Rod||Enchanting||Enchanting|
|Runed Draconium Rod||Enchanting||Enchanting|
|Runed Khaz'gorite Rod||Enchanting||Enchanting|
|Wildercloth Enchanter's Hat||Enchanting||Tailoring|
|Master's Wildercloth Enchanter's Hat||Enchanting||Tailoring|
|Draconium Encased Samophlange||Engineering||Engineering|
|Khaz'gorite Encased Samophlange||Engineering||Engineering|
|Draconium Brainwave Amplifier||Engineering||Engineering|
|Khaz'gorite Brainwave Amplifier||Engineering||Engineering|
|Wildercloth Gardening Hat||Herbalism||Tailoring|
|Master's Wildercloth Gardening Hat||Herbalism||Tailoring|
|Lavish Floral Pack||Herbalism||Leatherworking|
|Scribe's Fastened Quill||Inscription||Inscription|
|Scribe's Resplendent Quill||Inscription||Inscription|
|Left-Handed Magnifying Glass||Inscription||Jewelcrafting|
|Magnificent Margin Magnifier||Inscription||Jewelcrafting|
|Lapidary's Draconium Clamps||Jewelcrafting||Engineering|
|Lapidary's Khaz'gorite Clamps||Jewelcrafting||Engineering|
|Sundered Onyx Loupe||Jewelcrafting||Jewelcrafting|
|Draconium Leatherworker's Knife||Leatherworking||Blacksmithing|
|Khaz'gorite Leatherworker's Knife||Leatherworking||Blacksmithing|
|Draconium Leatherworker's Toolset||Leatherworking||Blacksmithing|
|Khaz'gorite Leatherworker's Toolset||Leatherworking||Blacksmithing|
|Draconium Delver's Helmet||Mining||Engineering|
|Khaz'gorite Delver's Helmet||Mining||Engineering|
|Bottomless Stonecrust Ore Satchel||Mining||Engineering|
|Bottomless Mireslush Ore Satchel||Mining||Engineering|
|Draconium Skinning Knife||Skinning||Blacksmithing|
|Khaz'gorite Skinning Knife||Skinning||Blacksmithing|
|Expert Skinner's Cap||Skinning||Leatherworking|
|Spring-Loaded Draconium Fabric Cutters||Tailoring||Engineering|
|Spring-Loaded Khaz'gorite Fabric Cutters||Tailoring||Engineering|
|Wildercloth Tailor's Coat||Tailoring||Tailoring|
|Dragoncloth Tailoring Vestments||Tailoring||Tailoring|
|Draconium Needle Set||Tailoring||Blacksmithing|
|Khaz'gorite Needle Set||Tailoring||Blacksmithing|
- 04 Sep. 2022: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7.
- 13 Jun. 2023: Big revamp to add missing information and more detailed explanations.
- 27 Nov. 2022: Page added.
- Warrior Players Unhappy with the Lack of Choice in Odyn Questline
- World First Season of Discovery Blackfathom Deeps Raid Clear
- Season of Discovery Initial Tuning
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, December 1st
- Huge 10.2 Class Tuning: December 5th
- Void.gg's Hosting a $10K Solo Shuffle Tournament: Dec 2-3
- Sky-Captain's Masquerade Attire Set
- Living Flame (EU) Lone Wolf (EU) and Crusader Strike (US) Reams Temporarily Locked to New Players