Warning It appears that you may be blocking the ads, and we are fine with it (read more here). That said, it would really be awesome if you decided to whitelist our website or make a donation :) You can also send us Bitcoins (1DEkropiHPWBmfJxogFaXQscfzhmdpTti4)!

Outlaw Rogue DPS Guide (Legion 7.3)

Last updated on Sep 13, 2017 at 04:27 by Furty 302 comments

Table of Contents

General Information

Welcome to our Outlaw Rogue DPS guide for World of Warcraft Legion 7.3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know about playing a Outlaw Rogue in a raid environment and in Mythic+ dungeons.

About Our Author and Reviewer

This guide has been written by Furty, who has an illustrious history in the World of Warcraft raiding scene and race for World First. He has been a member of guilds such as Serenity, Midwinter, and many more, and is currently raiding in Future. He plays most classes at the highest level. You can follow him on Twitter and watch him play on Twitch.

This guide has been reviewed and approved by Perfecto, an Outlaw/Assassination Rogue who raids in Method.

1. Class Overview

Ahoy! Outlaw Rogue is a brand new specialization in Legion, though many of its mechanics are mirrors of its forefather, Combat Rogue. Just like Combat, Outlaw is a fantastic jack of all trades that can comfortably handle any situation or fight type. Between the three Rogue specializations, Outlaw is the most effective in situations involving heavy cleave or AoE.

2. Patch 7.3 Changes

  • None

3. Patch 7.2.5 Changes

  • New legendary items added.
  • All damage increased by 8%.
  • Adrenaline Rush Icon Adrenaline Rush Energy regeneration reduced from 100% to 60%, but duration increased from 15 seconds to 20 seconds.
  • Ambush Icon Ambush damage increased by 33%.
  • Combat Potency Icon Combat Potency proc rate increased to 30% (up from 20%) and Energy return reduced to 10 (down from 15).
  •  Icon Curse of the Dreadblades now works with Ambush Icon Ambush.
  •  Icon Fortune Strikes redesigned; now increases the proc rate of Combat Potency Icon Combat Potency by 2% per point.
  • Restless Blades Icon Restless Blades has returned; finishers reduce the cooldown of many abilities by 0.5 seconds per Combo Point spent.
  • Slice and Dice Icon Slice and Dice now increases attack speed by 125% (up from 100%).
  • Roll the Bones Icon Roll the Bones buff changes:
    • Broadsides Icon Broadsides now additionally increases the damage of your Combo Point generators by 20%.
    • Buried Treasure Icon Buried Treasure now increases Energy regeneration by 30% (up from 25%).
    • Shark Infested Waters Icon Shark Infested Waters reduced from 25% Critical Strike chance to 20%.
    • Grand Melee Icon Grand Melee now increases attack speed by 55% (up from 50%).
    • True Bearing Icon True Bearing cooldown reduction is now 1.0 second per Combo Point spent on finishers (down from 2.0 seconds).
    • Roll chance reworked; 79% chance for 1 buff, 20% for 2 buffs, and 1% per 5 buffs.

4. Strengths

  • Strong cleave and AoE
  • Very versatile
  • Good single target damage
  • Exceptional defensive utility
  • Exceptional mobility

5. Weaknesses

  • Variance in damage output
  • Resource/cooldown reliant

6. Viability in the Current Patch

Outlaw is currently an average specialization in the Tomb of Sargeras. Certain encounters, such as Mistress Sassz'ine and The Desolate Host, play right into the strengths of this specialization and allow for very competitive number output. That said, Outlaw never really competes with its sister specialization, Subtlety, making it more of a flavor choice than an actual competitor.

7. Contents

To make it easy to navigate the guide, we have split it into 10 pages:

8. ChangeLog

+ show all entries - show only 10 entries
  • 13 Sep. 2017 (Netherlight Crucible page): Updated Tier 2 priority after recent rebalancing based on new SimCraft results.
  • 12 Sep. 2017 (Netherlight Crucible page): Added Netherlight Crucible page for Outlaw Rogue.
  • 03 Sep. 2017 (artifact page): Updated Mantle/Greenskin's relic priority.
  • 29 Aug. 2017 (enchants page): Added a note about Healthstones in Patch 7.3.
  • 28 Aug. 2017 (talents page): No changes needed for Patch 7.3.
  • 28 Aug. 2017 (rotation page): No changes needed for Patch 7.3.
  • 28 Aug. 2017 (stats page): No changes needed for Patch 7.3.
  • 28 Aug. 2017 (enchants page): Added Lightforged Augment Rune and new 7.3 epic gems.
  • 28 Aug. 2017 (this page): Updated strengths/weaknesses, viability section, and removed 7.2 changes. Added 7.3 changes.
  • 29 Jun. 2017 (artifact page): Updated relic priority; added priority for BiS legendary combo.
  • 29 Jun. 2017 (gear page): Added Tier 20 section, updated trinket list, and updated BiS.
  • 20 Jun. 2017 (rotation page): Updated opener and APL.
  • 20 Jun. 2017 (easy mode page): Updated stat priority and rotation slightly.
  • 20 Jun. 2017 (stats page): Updated stat priority.
  • 20 Jun. 2017 (enchants page): Updated gems, enchants, and consumables, following stat priority changes.
  • 12 Jun. 2017 (gear page): Added Soul of the Shadowblade and The Curse of Restlessness to the Legendary items section.
  • 12 Jun. 2017 (stats page): Updated stat priority and removed stat weights temporarily.
  • 12 Jun. 2017 (rotation page): Updated openers (split into 2 sections). Updated Roll the Bones section.
  • 12 Jun. 2017 (artifact page): Updated relic priority for Patch 7.2.5.
  • 12 Jun. 2017 (talents page): Updated Tier 7 talent discussion for Patch 7.2.5.
  • 12 Jun. 2017 (spells page): Page reviewed and deemed updated for 7.2.5.
  • 12 Jun. 2017 (easy mode page): Page reviewed and deemed updated for 7.2.5.
  • 12 Jun. 2017 (this page): Added Patch 7.2.5 changes.
  • 12 Jun. 2017 (enchants page): Switched from Versatility consumables to Haste consumables.
  • 29 Mar. 2017 (enchants page): Added Lavish Suramar Feast.
  • 27 Mar. 2017 (stats page): No changes needed for Patch 7.2.
  • 27 Mar. 2017 (this page): Added Patch 7.2 changes.
  • 27 Mar. 2017 (gear page): No changes needed for Patch 7.2.
  • 27 Mar. 2017 (talents page): No changes needed for Patch 7.2.
  • 27 Mar. 2017 (rotation page): No changes needed for Patch 7.2.
  • 27 Mar. 2017 (artifact page): Added a path for the new 7.2 traits.
  • 13 Feb. 2017 (gear page): Updated BiS list, added 2P/4P evaluation, added Trinket List, removed SimCraft list, updated Legendary combinations.
  • 14 Jan. 2017 (gear page): Added new legendary items.
  • 09 Jan. 2017 (stats page): Checked and confirmed for 7.1.5.
  • 09 Jan. 2017 (enchants page): Checked and confirmed for 7.1.5.
  • 09 Jan. 2017 (easy mode page): Checked and confirmed for 7.1.5.
  • 09 Jan. 2017 (this page): Added Patch 7.1.5 changes list and updated strengths/weaknesses and viability sections.
  • 09 Jan. 2017 (spells page): Updated for Patch 7.1.5.
  • 09 Jan. 2017 (talents page): Updated for Patch 7.1.5.
  • 09 Jan. 2017 (rotation page): Checked and confirmed for 7.1.5.
  • 09 Jan. 2017 (artifact page): Checked and confirmed for Patch 7.1.5.
  • 22 Dec. 2016 (easy mode page): Added easy mode for Outlaw Rogues.
  • 30 Nov. 2016 (rotation page): Updated Opening Sequence to be more clear. Also updated APL to include more contingencies for different buff combos.
  • 30 Nov. 2016 (talents page): Updated to include mentions of talent swaps for specific legendary items.
  • 30 Nov. 2016 (enchants page): Added notes for Fishbrul Special and potion choice.
  • 30 Nov. 2016 (gear page): Updated legendary text and priorities for Greesnkins/Thraxis/Shivvaran.
  • 25 Oct. 2016 (this page): Following the tiny damage buffs to a few abilities in Patch 7.1, the guide remains unchanged.
  • 02 Oct. 2016 (artifact page): Relic section updated.
  • 02 Oct. 2016 (rotation page): Updated Roll the Bones section.
  • 02 Oct. 2016 (gear page): Updated Trinket section.
  • 02 Oct. 2016 (this page): Updated strengths and weaknesses section.
  • 02 Oct. 2016 (enchants page): Updated enchant priority.
  • 15 Sep. 2016 (rotation page): Updated opener.
  • 29 Aug. 2016 (gear page): Updated for Legion's launch.
  • 29 Aug. 2016 (talents page): Updated for Legion's launch.
  • 29 Aug. 2016 (spells page): Updated for Legion's launch.
  • 29 Aug. 2016 (rotation page): Updated for Legion's launch.
  • 29 Aug. 2016 (stats page): Updated for Legion's launch.
  • 29 Aug. 2016 (enchants page): Updated for Legion's launch.
  • 29 Aug. 2016 (artifact page): Added.
  • 29 Aug. 2016 (this page): Updated for Legion's launch.
  • 24 Jul. 2016 (stats page): Updated stat priority following SimC update (Versatility is now best).
  • 24 Jul. 2016 (enchants page): Updated recommendations, following shift in stat priority.
  • 24 Jul. 2016 (talents page): Improved prose for many of the talent explanations. No changes in recommendations.
  • 24 Jul. 2016 (rotation page): A few tweaks and improvements to the rotation and the explanations.
  • 19 Jul. 2016 (gear page): Removed trinket sims and added BiS recommendations.
  • 18 Jul. 2016 (this page): Updated for the Legion pre-patch.
  • 18 Jul. 2016 (enchants page): Updated for the Legion pre-patch.
  • 18 Jul. 2016 (spells page): Updated for the Legion pre-patch.
  • 18 Jul. 2016 (stats page): Updated for the Legion pre-patch.
  • 18 Jul. 2016 (talents page): Updated for the Legion pre-patch.
  • 18 Jul. 2016 (rotation page): Updated for the Legion pre-patch.
  • 18 Jul. 2016 (addons page): Updated for the Legion pre-patch.
  • 18 Jul. 2016 (gear page): Updated for the Legion pre-patch.
Force desktop version
Force mobile version