Garrison: Salvage Yard Guide (WoD 6.2)
Table of Contents
- 1. Description
- +2. Unlocking the Salvage Yard
- 3. Initial Quest
- 4. Salvage Crates
- 5. Changelog
The Salvage Yard is a Small Garrison building that allows you to get additional items from your missions, in the form of Crates of Salvage, at Level 1 and 2, and Big Crates of Salvage, at Level 3. This building is particularly useful if you want to increase the item level of your followers faster, in order to unlock higher item level missions. Do not expect to get epic item level 680 gear from the Big Crates of Salvage, though. All we ever got was low item level BoE items.
||Allows Salvage to be occasionally recovered from missions.|
||Increases your chance at recovering Salvage from missions. In addition, you may now discover follower items in Salvage.|
||Greatly increases your chance at recovering Salvage from missions. In addition, you may now discover player items in Salvage.|
Unlocking the Salvage Yard
In this section, we are going to tell you how to unlock the Salvage Yard, Level 1, 2, and 3.
Unlocking the Salvage Yard, Level 1
Garrison Blueprint: Salvage Yard, Level 1 is a reward from the Flame On quest in Spires of Arak.
Unlocking the Salvage Yard, Level 2
Garrison Blueprint: Salvage Yard, Level 2 is sold by the blueprint vendor at your Garrison once you reach level 96 or once you complete your Talador Outpost. You can buy it with 750 . You can also buy it from the blueprint vendor in Ashran without restrictions with an Outpost Building Assembly Notes, which can only be obtained twice, once when questing in Gorgrond and once when questing in the Spires of Arak. so the purpose of this Below, you will find the Alliance and Horde vendors.
Unlocking the Salvage Yard, Level 3
Garrison Blueprint: Salvage Yard, Level 3 is a reward from completing the Salvaging Pays Off achievement, which requires you to open 100 pieces of Salvage from missions. This achievement is account-wide.
Once you complete the achievement, the blueprint is not directly handed over to you. You still need to buy it from Sparz Boltwist (Alliance) or Rezlak (Horde) for 1,000 .
Upon completing your Salvage Yard, Level 1, you will be given Salvaging the Situation (Alliance) or Salvaging the Situation (Horde) by the NPC at the building. This quest rewards you with 3x Bags of Salvaged Goods, which you can only open at the Salvage Yard (like the Salvage Crates).
Bags of Salvaged Goods contain mostly trash items that you can sell to vendors, although they sometimes contain profession reagents (such as Sumptuous Fur).
When you complete a mission at your Garrison (whether it succeeded or failed), you have a chance to see a Crate of Salvage (or a Big Crate of Salvage) appear in your inventory. Level 100 missions are guaranteed to give you a crate.
Crates of Salvage mostly contain junk items to sell for Gold, but can sometimes also contain profession reagents. At Level 2, they also contain upgrades for your followers:
- Braced Armor Enhancement;
- Fortified Armor Enhancement;
- Heavily Reinforced Armor Enhancement;
- Balanced Weapon Enhancement;
- Striking Weapon Enhancement;
- Power Overrun Weapon Enhancement.
Big Crates of Salvage can contain follower upgrades and BoE gear (often of very low item level).
- 24 Feb. 2015: Patch 6.1 update: Crates no longer contain follower tokens, only upgrades.
- 07 Dec. 2014: Level 100 missions now always reward a salvage crate.
- 14 Nov. 2014: Clarified requirements for Level 2.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Detailed Zone Exploration of New Night Elf Capital City of Bel'ameth in Patch 10.2.5
- Weekly Catalyst Charges in Patch 10.2.5
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 29th
- Method World 3rd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and 9/9 Amirdrassil
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2
- Preservation Evoker PvE
- Windwalker Monk PvE
- Outlaw Rogue PvE
- Beast Mastery Hunter PvE
- Arcane Mage PvE