Garrison: Mage Tower / Spirit Lodge Guide (WoD 6.2)
Table of Contents
- 1. Description
- +2. Unlocking the Mage Tower / Spirit Lodge
- 3. Ogre Waygates
- 4. Work Orders
- 5. Changelog
The Mage Tower (Alliance) / Spirit Lodge (Horde) is a Large Garrison building that enables you to easily teleport to Draenor Zones from you Garrison.
Players that visit your Garrison are also able to use your Mage Tower / Spirit Lodge portals.
||Allows the collection of Ogre Waystones on Draenor. These waystones can be used to power an Ogre Waygate of your choice on Draenor. Also occasionaly triggers Runes of Power during combat.|
||Unlocks access to a second Ogre Waygate for a total of 2.|
||Unlocks access to a third Ogre Waygate for a total of 3.|
The Runes of Power that can appear during combat grant a 100% critical strike chance when you stand in them. They last for about 10 seconds.
Unlocking the Mage Tower / Spirit Lodge
In this section, we are going to tell you how to unlock the Mage Tower / Spirit Lodge, Level 1, 2, and 3.
Unlocking the Mage Tower / Spirit Lodge, Level 1
The Mage Tower / Spirit Lodge, Level 1 is available as soon as you build you build your Town Hall, Level 2.
Unlocking the Mage Tower / Spirit Lodge, Level 2
Garrison Blueprint: Mage Tower, Level 2 / Garrison Blueprint: Spirit Lodge, Level 2 is sold by the blueprint vendor at your Garrison once you reach level 100 or once you complete your Nagrand Outpost. You can buy it with 1,500 . You can also buy it from the blueprint vendor in Ashran without restrictions with a Comprehensive Outpost Construction Guide, which can only be obtained twice, once when questing in Talador and once when questing in Nagrand. so the purpose of this Below, you will find the Alliance and Horde vendors.
Unlocking the Mage Tower / Spirit Lodge, Level 3
Garrison Blueprint: Mage Tower, Level 3 / Garrison Blueprint: Spirit Lodge, Level 3 is a reward from completing the Finding Your Waystones achievement, which requires you to loot 500 Ogre Waystones. This achievement is account-wide.
When you first visit your Mage Tower or Spirit Lodge, you will be given Ogre Waygates, which requires you to collect 25x Ogre Waystones to activate an Ogre Waygate. Ogre Waystones drop from Ogre mobs in Draenor. There is one Ogre Waygate per Draenor Zone and you can open only one portal when your Mage Tower or Spirit Lodge is at Level 1. At Level 2, you can open 2 portals. At Level 3, you can open 3 portals.
Activating a Waygate is done by simply clicking the orb you will find at the location of the Waygate. You can travel through a portal from your Garrison to the Waygate and from the Waygate to your Garrison (in which case, you will teleport to your Town Hall, not your Mage Tower / Spirit Lodge).
Portals remain active until you decide to deactivate them, by traveling to the portal's location and spending 10x Ogre Waystones. If all your portals are active, then you need to first deactivate one before being able to open a portal to a new location.
Below, you will find the locations and screenshots of all of the Ogre Waygates in Draenor.
|Shadowmoon Valley (50.5 / 35.7)||Frostfire Ridge (59.5 / 47.5)|
|Gorgrond (58.0 / 34.4)||Talador (55.1 / 46.1)|
|Spires of Arak (54.6 / 51.7)||Nagrand (32.1 / 46.2)|
|Tanaan Jungle (53.5 / 58.3)|
Note that you need a Level 3 building to activate the waygate in Tanaan Jungle.
As of Patch 6.1, you can submit Work Orders at your Mage Tower / Spirit Lodge to convert Ogre Waystones into Apexis Crystals. These Work Orders also have a chance to give you a Mission Completion Orders, which you can use to instantly complete an in-progress follower mission.
- 23 Jun. 2015: Added the Ogre Waygate from Tanaan Jungle.
- 24 Feb. 2015: Patch 6.1 update: added new Work Orders.
- 02 Dec. 2014: Fixed coordinates for Nagrand and rewrote explanations for deactivating a portal.
- 14 Nov. 2014: Clarified requirements for Level 2.
- What's New in Patch 9.0.5 Build 37705?
- The Most Popular Tanks and Healers for Mythic+ in Shadowlands Season 1 Week 12
- Death Knight / Druid / Mage / Monk / Priest / Warrior Class Changes in Patch 9.0.5 Build 37705
- How to Easily Avoid Mythic Kil'jaeden Knockback
- Vengeance for Teldrassil (Denied BlizzConline 2021 Storytelling Contest Submission)
- WoW Classic Achievements Addon
- Shadowlands Covenant Data by Class and Spec
- Third Maw Mount Coming in Patch 9.0.5 - Bound Shadehound
- Frost Mage Shadowlands
- Death knight sanctuary needs an upgrade
- Restoration Druid Shadowlands
- Shadowlands Weekly/Daily To-Do List
- Shadow Priest Shadowlands
- Beast Mastery Hunter Shadowlands
- Demonology Warlock Leveling
- Unholy Death Knight Leveling