Garrison: Barracks Guide (WoD 6.2)
Table of Contents
- 1. Description
- +2. Unlocking the Barracks
- 3. Patrol Missions
- 4. Bodyguards
- 5. Changing the Guards and Banners of your Garrison
- 6. ChangeLog
The Barracks are a Large Garrison building and the only building that every single player will build in their Garrison (as is required by the introductory quest line). The Barracks bring a number of follower perks, as we will see in the next section.
||Unlocks patrol missions. Patrol missions have higher than normal follower experience rewards.|
||Allows a follower with the bodyguard trait to accompany you as a guardian in Draenor zones.|
||Increases your follower limit by 5 and grants access to racial guards and banners.|
2. Unlocking the Barracks
In this section, we are going to tell you how to unlock the Barracks, Level 1, 2, and 3.
2.1. Unlocking the Barracks, Level 1
2.2. Unlocking the Barracks, Level 2
Garrison Blueprint: Barracks, Level 2 is sold by the blueprint vendor at your Garrison once you reach level 100 or once you complete your Nagrand Outpost. You can buy it with 1,500 . You can also buy it from the blueprint vendor in Ashran without restrictions with a Comprehensive Outpost Construction Guide, which can only be obtained twice, once when questing in Talador and once when questing in Nagrand. so the purpose of this Below, you will find the Alliance and Horde vendors.
2.3. Unlocking the Barracks, Level 3
3. Patrol Missions
There is not much to say about Patrol missions. They simply give more experience than other types of missions.
At Level 2, you can assign one of your followers with the Bodyguard trait to your Barracks. You can then walk up to them in the building and ask them to accompany you in Draenor, but they will disappear when you enter raids and dungeons.
Bodyguards have their own 3-level reputation system. You need to earn 10,000 reputation to go from Level 1 to Level 2 and another 10,000 reputation to go from Level 2 to Level 3. Currently, you gain 10 reputation for every kill that earns experience made while your Bodyguard is accompanying you.
When you reach Level 2 reputation with your follower, it gains a new damaging ability.
When you reach Level 3 reputation with your follower, it gains a useful ability. We list the Level 3 ability for all Bodyguard followers in the table below.
5. Changing the Guards and Banners of your Garrison
The default guards and banners of your Garrison are those of Stormwind (Alliance) or Orgrimmar (Horde). After upgrading your Barracks to Level 3 you can change this. Simply talk to the NPC in charge in your Barracks. They will give you the choice between the following factions, provided that you are exalted with them:
- Alliance: Ironforge, Darnassus, Gnomeregan Exiles, Exodar, Gilneas, Tushui, and Knights of the Ebon Blade;
- Horde: Undercity, Thunder Bluff, Darkspear Trolls, Silvermoon City, Bilgewater Port, Huojin, and Knights of the Ebon Blade.
6. ChangeLog+ show all entries - show only 10 entries
- 14 Nov. 2014: Clarified requirements for Level 2.
- Antorus M Race Day 6: Argus Mythic Footage
- New Zones in Patch 7.3.5
- Celestalon's Moving to Hearthstone
- New Call of the Scarab Micro-Holiday Mounts in Patch 7.3.5
- Seething Shore Battleground in Battle for Azeroth
- Antorus M Race Day 3: Exorsus 10/11, Coven Video
- Antorus M Progress Day 2: Only Argus Left
- Patch 7.3.2 Hotfixes: December 6th
- Garothi Worldbreaker
- Transmogrification - Rogues
- Blood DK stats and gear
- Havoc DPS Question
- Another DPS help post.
- Balance Tier Antorus
- [Resto] Please help me improve my hps
- Fire Mage Help
- Protection Warrior 7.3
- Protection Paladin 7.3
- Dire Frenzy build is still viable!
- First Days of Antorus
- Havoc Demon Hunter 7.3
- Feral Druid 7.3
- Rotation problems? Affli Warlock
- Outlaw Rogue 7.3