Garrison: Barracks Guide (WoD 6.2)
Table of Contents
- 1. Description
- +2. Unlocking the Barracks
- 3. Patrol Missions
- 4. Bodyguards
- 5. Changing the Guards and Banners of your Garrison
- 6. Changelog
The Barracks are a Large Garrison building and the only building that every single player will build in their Garrison (as is required by the introductory quest line). The Barracks bring a number of follower perks, as we will see in the next section.
||Unlocks patrol missions. Patrol missions have higher than normal follower experience rewards.|
||Allows a follower with the bodyguard trait to accompany you as a guardian in Draenor zones.|
||Increases your follower limit by 5 and grants access to racial guards and banners.|
Unlocking the Barracks
In this section, we are going to tell you how to unlock the Barracks, Level 1, 2, and 3.
Unlocking the Barracks, Level 1
Unlocking the Barracks, Level 2
Garrison Blueprint: Barracks, Level 2 is sold by the blueprint vendor at your Garrison once you reach level 100 or once you complete your Nagrand Outpost. You can buy it with 1,500 . You can also buy it from the blueprint vendor in Ashran without restrictions with a Comprehensive Outpost Construction Guide, which can only be obtained twice, once when questing in Talador and once when questing in Nagrand. so the purpose of this Below, you will find the Alliance and Horde vendors.
Unlocking the Barracks, Level 3
There is not much to say about Patrol missions. They simply give more experience than other types of missions.
At Level 2, you can assign one of your followers with the Bodyguard trait to your Barracks. You can then walk up to them in the building and ask them to accompany you in Draenor, but they will disappear when you enter raids and dungeons.
Bodyguards have their own 3-level reputation system. You need to earn 10,000 reputation to go from Level 1 to Level 2 and another 10,000 reputation to go from Level 2 to Level 3. Currently, you gain 10 reputation for every kill that earns experience made while your Bodyguard is accompanying you.
When you reach Level 2 reputation with your follower, it gains a new damaging ability.
When you reach Level 3 reputation with your follower, it gains a useful ability. We list the Level 3 ability for all Bodyguard followers in the table below.
Changing the Guards and Banners of your Garrison
The default guards and banners of your Garrison are those of Stormwind (Alliance) or Orgrimmar (Horde). After upgrading your Barracks to Level 3 you can change this. Simply talk to the NPC in charge in your Barracks. They will give you the choice between the following factions, provided that you are exalted with them:
- Alliance: Ironforge, Darnassus, Gnomeregan Exiles, Exodar, Gilneas, Tushui, and Knights of the Ebon Blade;
- Horde: Undercity, Thunder Bluff, Darkspear Trolls, Silvermoon City, Bilgewater Port, Huojin, and Knights of the Ebon Blade.
- 14 Nov. 2014: Clarified requirements for Level 2.
- Official Preview of Shadowlands Adventures by Blizzard
- PvP Vendors Sell Soulbind Conduits and Legendary Power Recipes in Shadowlands
- Nathanos Blightcaller's Fate in the Shadowlands Pre-patch
- Shadowlands Base Edition Will Be Digital-Only?
- DesMephisto Talks About His Journey to 100% Plate and Plans for the Future
- All Legion Legendaries Will Be Disabled in Shadowlands
- The Scarab War: Videos from the Biggest World Event Ever in WoW
- Introducing Icy Wiki
- I solo'd all the alliance faction leaders
- Lock Damage Display
- Arcane Mage 8.3
- Horrific Visions Potions
- Marksmanship Hunter PvP 8.3
- Warrior Changes
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Completed Quests Checker